Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is everybody looking forward to going back tomorrow

• 01-02-2009 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

I am,

This time off has been awful. As attractive as it sounded, it was pretty crap. Rather have gone back sooner and finished sooner or have more FYP time towards end.

Nah I actually really happy to be going back. Even though no modules chosen yet, gas! - Off Fridays so that's great :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

no. i cant stand the thought of going back to that depressing place. would rather stay in england for a couple more days wehre its nice and snowy :)

i dunno what it is about cit but its the most depressing college i have ever seen. it might have something to do with the prison design. ya know here in london i see yuppies with their iPhone + Facebook all having a great time living the posh college life like its the best thing ever. their colleges are all nice and shiny on the inside and without the leaking roofs or the stench that you'd find in cit. feck it even the beours are nicer looking in those real cosmopolitan colleges. they might be comlete slutbags but they are nice clean 'well serviced' posh slutbags not like dirrty knocknaheeney slutbags. the real dirrty and nasty ones don't go to college in england because they can't afford it or because their school was so bad they wouldnt possibly get into anything.

still i wouldnt want to go to college in england either - the accents and all those people talking about fb, iphones, DRM and 'pay as you drive' road charging like its the best thing ever would annoy the **** out of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm delighted to be going back!

This month has been the most boring month I have ever experienced, I reckon! After New Years I only had work at weekends...barely. My boyfriend is in college in Dublin and can't afford to come home to Kerry much, and I can't afford to go there so I haven't seen him much! And nearly all of my friends have been in college around the country. Yawwwn. I feel like I'm going mad. But yay tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

towel401 wrote: »
    no. i cant stand the thought of going back to that depressing place. would rather stay in england for a couple more days wehre its nice and snowy :)

i dunno what it is about cit but its the most depressing college i have ever seen. it might have something to do with the prison design. ya know here in london i see yuppies with their iPhone + Facebook all having a great time living the posh college life like its the best thing ever. their colleges are all nice and shiny on the inside and without the leaking roofs or the stench that you'd find in cit. feck it even the beours are nicer looking in those real cosmopolitan colleges. they might be comlete slutbags but they are nice clean 'well serviced' posh slutbags not like dirrty knocknaheeney slutbags. the real dirrty and nasty ones don't go to college in england because they can't afford it or because their school was so bad they wouldnt possibly get into anything.

still i wouldnt want to go to college in england either - the accents and all those people talking about fb, iphones, DRM and 'pay as you drive' road charging like its the best thing ever would annoy the **** out of me
    You must have nightmares of iphones!

Coming from Kerry today was well dodgy, black ice everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Webmonkey wrote: »
    You must have nightmares of iphones!

yea but the people who use them (iPhonies) are worse.

15cm of snow here looks like i won't be going anywhere :D hopefully gatwick will be good and closed tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 peapod260

towel401 wrote: »
    15cm of snow here looks like i won't be going anywhere :D hopefully gatwick will be good and closed tomorrow

lucky for some eh? wish i'd had that as an excuse...tbh i had so much wrk over the few weeks off i'm glad to be back at college so that i dont have to work as much.....today wasnt as bad as i anticipated either...

• Advertisement

Ok lads I'm not happy to be back...... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

Yep, i almost lost it outside Carriganima and again near Crookstown...

and I came across a crash that had just happend, a car on its roof, I wouldnt have expected there to have been ice but the Gard put out his hand and i braked and i slid across the road..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Ok lads I'm not happy to be back...... :(

yup me too. Has anyone else been really shafted with the elective thing? more than half of my class(about 12 people) decided to do PC security, i aslo heard a number of people from other courses in the computing dept wanted to do it too but i heard from a lecturer reason we can't do it is due to cut backs. So now we stuck with too **** subject to choose from - intro to HCI or Communications. Communications is basically the CIT module again. Intro to HCI seems like maybe it might be alright. Lecturer seems sound enough but i would still rather be doing PC security as the HCI subject. I've heard that a number of other people have been told that the class they choose is not on either or doesn't fit their timetable and so have to go to HCI or comms as well. There is going to be loads of people in these class that don't want to be there!

Yeah we don't get much choice really. Well compared to what we should on modules.cit.ie. The word HCI is scary... How many clicks it takes to do something etc :P - Wouldn't be my kind of thing ne ways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Nor is it my kind of thing, or most other peoples thing but its pretty much on the only option. In the class today we wer joined by most of the COM1 class as there were only 19 spaces in the animation principles class and it seems they'r enot bothered to make another class. Fairly crap tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement