Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tiffany jewellery

Options
  • 01-02-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi

Trying to buy the girlfriend and saw an add on the net for www.tiffanysale.co.uk.

Put in an order the other day for a necklace and was unsure if my details went through. They claim to have a 24/7 online support service but they definately do not. Sent them e-mails on Wed, Thurs and Fri and have still not got a reply.

Has anyone used this site?
    Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The whole website just seems bizzare. Gives me a bad feeling. The big Western Union logo at the bottom sorta shouts out at me too.

Maybe it's just me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

From their 'About us' page...
    Our purpose is to offer people affordable Tiffany style sterling silver items for fantastic gift ideas.

Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Get onto your credit card company. Tell them you want to see if the transaction has been processed.

Having not done much research beyond looking at the website I would probably ask my CC company to issue me a replacement card / card number and report possible fraud (you can't get in contact with them).

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Doesn't look legit alright:

http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?query=tiffanysale.co.uk
    Nominet wrote:
    The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their address omitted from the WHOIS service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Registered in the UK in May 2008 by a guy called Charge Waller according to a whois search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I would report my credit card possibly stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Top right of webpage:

"Easy Shopping, Happay Life"

Spelling mistakes like that always set alarms bells ringing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 southie

sorry to jump on your thread, but over the weekend i was in a small local jewler in galway outside the city. I was looking at necklaces and there was the usual newbridge and stuff but there was one tiffiny piece there. it just struck me as unusual maybe its my own ignorance but i thought you had to buy tiffany direct from their main stores. so got me thinking it must be fake
    Am i wrong can you pick up a tiffany anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

That site is so dodgy it's ridiculous - at best the jewellery are complete knock offs at worst you've just given your details to a scam site. Tiffany only sell through their shops I don't think they even do ordering off the website anymore. Unless a jeweller has purchased it off someone or off Tiffany in the first place and is selling it on that way it's not original stuff. They are supposed to be coming to Dublin to Brown Thomas. The website is www.tiffany.com.

Sorry Peewee either way you just got done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

They're in brown thomas now next to cartier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Looking at the site PeeWee, that Tiffany stuff is deffo not real.

I bought a necklace in Tiffany 5th Avenue and it was €300!!!
    The prices on that site were crazy cheap.

They sell knock offs in Thailand etc.. so if it does arrive, chances are, it's not real!

The shop in BT has an ok selection, but is much more expensive than NYC. I got a bracelet from there and it was double the price of NY(obviously!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

How could you even think it was real?!!!

BTW, I bought something in Tiffanys Dublin and was cheaper tha NYC...so swings and roundabouts.

PS Love the original Freudian Slip about buying the girlfriend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Sorry OP, but that is a classic Del-Boy website.
    • Implying a globally recognised luxury brand, but never actually stating that it has anything to do with the actual brand (or offering any proof that it is legit).
    • Prices far too cheap to be for the real thing
    • Amatuer design of the website
    • No contact details/registered address for the company
    • No company registration number
    • Accepts Western Union (no legitimate company would/should ever accept Western Union)
    • Typos in the company mission statement

And all that's after a 90 second look at the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

OP get straight on to your bank and get them to cancel the payment, you may as well be buying necklaces out of a car boot for the legitimacy of that site

Advertisement