Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about Tocco, before I buy one..

• 01-02-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

As I said in another post here, I'm seriously thinking about getting a Tocco. Had a look at one in carphone warehouse today and was well impressed. I did a check against the camera of an N95 and it was a little less bright, but otherwise pretty much the same. I guess that could be improved with playing around with the settings.

I have a few questions for a current user:

1. When I checked the phone today it seemed to have an older firmware version. The December 08 version that is on here in a different thread....where did that come from? If it's an official version, shouldn't a tocco that I buy now have this version on it already? If it's old stock it may not, of course.

2. With flashing, is that reasonably easy to do? I've read the guide, but I've never tried anything like that before (I'm fairly computer literate, so I should manage it okay I suppose).

3. I noticed today that when I went thru the menu to create a new text message, it defaulted to non-T9 input. I'm used to predictive text, but it would be a pain if I had to select that option every time I go to write a new text. Can it be turned on as the default input option?

4. I've had a look at a pdf of the user manual, and it's pretty dismal. For example, can you confirm if the options displayed when you press the shortcut button can be changed to applications you want rather than being fixed on the ones samsung have on there by default?

5. Are there "themes" available for the tocco, or are you stuck with the way the menus look from the day you buy it?

I think that if I can get the latest firmware (in particular so that I can put widgets up for apps like the calculator, create text and alarm) and if T9 can be set as default each time I go to create a text, and if the shortcuts can be customised, I would definitely go for this phone. I was thinking about a Viewty, but the tocco looks much better and if it can tick the boxes as outlined above, then it would be fine for me.

Many thanks for your help

Wayne

Advertisement