Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV-like multi camera editing

Options
  • 02-02-2009 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Would anyone be able to explain how a novice such as myself, armed with 2 cameras, might be able to record footage while switching between the two cameras without having to edit them.

For example, if I were filming an interview and I wanted to switch between a view of the interviewer and the subject and I was broadcasting this live, what software or hardware would I need to achieve this? I'd like to do this as basic as possible and, if possible, using freeware.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

while not free, I played with a demo of this and it works very well;

http://www.telestream.net/wire-cast/overview.htm

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

You would need a vision mixing desk to do it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

what are your cameras like, what outputs do they have and how do you intend to broadcast ? if you want to do a cheap and dirty method buy a composite/component/hdmi switch (like used for home tv equipment) , if you want it cleaner a vision mixing desk is your best bet

Advertisement