Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride on Mower

Options
  • 02-02-2009 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am in the throes in buying a new John Deere Mower (42 inch). In the South can get this machine for 2500 euro (VAT incl.) Up the North I can get this machine for 2000 euro (VAT incl.). Has anyone out there bought similar in the North? Both machines come with a 2 year warranty and it seems daft that I can save so much by buying in the North. Your replies are welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 natlu2809

did you buy up north in the end ?

im thinking the same thing. was looking at a husqvarna today - e4000. uk site lists at £2300 (ex vat), have seen online at £2400 inc vat. Huge price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

4000 sounds ridiculous !. Was it a tractor style ride on or cutter out front.

a "rider" - cutter in front.

they were e4300 last year according to brochure.
    ive been told "we'll do it for you for e4000"
    saw them yesterday on an irish website for e3700.
    but as i said - £2700inc in UK.

any recommendations for other makes ? I looked at a honda as well, e3900 - the front cutter, 360 turn and the accessories on the husqv are all attractive to me the gravel rake esp. - ive got a long gravel drive that is a PITA to maintain.

Husqvarna have been making riders for a long time & they are generally well thought of. Just be sure that you will be able to get parts like drivebelts easily. Well it has to be worth it to get one delivered in the North & then collect it.
    One trick that I used was to buy a small medium trailer that the ride on would fit on to. Then fit a towball to the rider. That way one trailer can be used to transport the rider & also as a gardening trailer being pulled by the rider.

id presume that it being a european model (the "13c") that its the same in each country and that getting parts should be just as if i were to buy it here. Ive mailed Husqv to confirm that.

Im still shocked at the price difference, and Id love to hear what argument is presented to defend it.

Price ways, I need to weight it up still - might involve taking day off work etc. But the satisfaction would offset quite a bit of that too :-)

• Advertisement

The argument is simple. People will pay it. If they didn't then the price would come down. I once sent Husqv a stinking email about a chinsaw problem. About an hour later my phone rang & it was the MD !. I was impressed.

I bet a NI dealer would deliver it.

They would : BJM Commercials in Enniskillen. Also abbeygardensales.co.uk.

Madness. e1300 cheaper. So thats on top of the actual margin, because they come from the same factory/distributor/wholesaler. I've a good mind to tell Husqvarna their name is being sullied by Rip off Ireland.

Advertisement