Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats with the Gate Cinema cold air blasts?

Options
  • 02-02-2009 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

Just come out from watching Slumdog Millionaire in the Gate, and its a great flick, but what really annoyed me was about 40 mins from the end, somebody decided it was a good idea to turn on the cold air conditioning!! You could feel the cold blast, like somebody had left a giant door open, eveyone around me starting to cower and shiver. Now this happened again last week when i went to see Valkyrie.

Whats the idea Gate people? Is it not cold enough outside without you trying your best to give us pneumonia inside? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Never noticed this myself but any chance they could divert some of the cold air in to Mahon Point cinema. Jebus, that place could be classed a sauna at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Same thing happened to us there on Sat night, we went to see "Valkyrie" and half way through the film we get a blast of cold air, freaked me out (watching too much "Most Haunted"). Thought it might have been a one off - but if it's a frequent occurance maybe us patrons should contact Management to complain. J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

They always do it in the gate, I wear my coat inside there. But lately I have noticed it happen in Blackpool also, I think it is to wake people up towards the end of the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Went to see Milk there last Sunday and it was FREEZING the whole way through the film - i had a long sleeve jumper on like - had to put my big coat over me. What is the deal like?!

I must ask do the laydeeeez snuggle closer in this cold weather as I am going on a cinema date tonight and need to decide cinema!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

D-Generate wrote: »
    I must ask do the laydeeeez snuggle closer in this cold weather as I am going on a cinema date tonight and need to decide cinema!
    Kino, nice seats, wine and tea! Or you could just skip all that and bring her to the butter museum;)

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Kino, nice seats, wine and tea! Or you could just skip all that and bring her to the butter museum;)

Haha was on my list but t'is closed for the season. Apparently butter isn't a high priority for winter visitors. But due to these complaints of cold I will be going to Mahon Point tonight. Had ricockulous queues last time i was there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Haha was on my list but t'is closed for the season. Apparently butter isn't a high priority for winter visitors. But due to these complaints of cold I will be going to Mahon Point tonight. Had ricockulous queues last time i was there though.

Yes there are but not usually on a monday, arrive early though, get your Tickets and stroll for a bit, otherwise queues could build dramatically for My Bloody Valentine and Slumdog Millionaire.

Trust me, you don't want to get caught in those queues.

I had tickets to Mahon Point recently for the Sunday showing of Slumdog Millionaire two days after it was released. The showing was at 9.15 and I had pre-booked my tickets and arrived at 8:45 expecting to be grand. Boy was I shocked by what I saw! There was a queue going all the way from the ticket collector dude all the way past the elevators and in to the shopping area on the second floor. The ticket dude wasn't even taking peoples tickets as the screen wasn't open. I abandoned it and got a refund on my tickets (very nice of them!) because I knew that hte chances of finding 2 seats together would be close to nil. Was very poor organization in my opinion.
    A buddy of mine had tickets to go see Sex Drive at the time of 9:10 but was made go to the back of the queue even though there were people ahead of him in the queue who's tickets weren't even being taken as their screen hadn't opened. It was truly abysmal organization.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I had tickets to Mahon Point recently for the Sunday showing of Slumdog Millionaire two days after it was released. The showing was at 9.15 and I had pre-booked my tickets and arrived at 8:45 expecting to be grand. Boy was I shocked by what I saw! There was a queue going all the way from the ticket collector dude all the way past the elevators and in to the shopping area on the second floor. The ticket dude wasn't even taking peoples tickets as the screen wasn't open. I abandoned it and got a refund on my tickets (very nice of them!) because I knew that hte chances of finding 2 seats together would be close to nil. Was very poor organization in my opinion.
    A buddy of mine had tickets to go see Sex Drive at the time of 9:10 but was made go to the back of the queue even though there were people ahead of him in the queue who's tickets weren't even being taken as their screen hadn't opened. It was truly abysmal organization.

I was there that night and I couldn't get over how many people were there. Ending up going home as it was just too much hassle. The weather was shocking that weekend but I never though that the cinema would be as popular as that. It was like something you'd see outside a big match.

• Advertisement
Advertisement