Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good free / inexspensive things to do in Dublin during a weekend?

Options
  • 02-02-2009 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hello,

Anyone know any good free / inexspensive things to do in Dublin during a weekend?

Thank you :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Galleries, museums, parks, beaches, botanic gardens, climb the Sugarloaf, go to Howth and feed the seals, then get some hot chocolate to warm up, or a single of chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

go to the science gallery in trinity college....the lightwave exhibition is on and it's FREE and it's really good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 lukasbasic

at your house with alcoholic drinks brought in from northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MrMiyagi

Hello,

Anybody know of any good clubs or groups to join at the weekend?

Thanks for the advice on galleries etc.

In terms of drinking I have been investing in it for years with very little return and a poorer short-term memory:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

What sports do you like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

If you like hillwalking you could have a look here if one of these clubs sound good to you.

http://www.mountaineering.ie/nearestclub/viewdetails.asp?catID=9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

Throwing stones at cars and buses is incredibly cost effective and highly amusing.

Alternatively, pay a small bus fare and get out of town for the day. Walk around the country side and enjoy the beauty of nature. Make sure you wrap up well though.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Play american football
    www.dcusaints.com

Hello

Im not sure if I am fit enough:eek: for American football but thanks for the input.

What other sports / activities could I try???

Thank you

xia wrote: »
    If you like hillwalking you could have a look here if one of these clubs sound good to you.

http://www.mountaineering.ie/nearestclub/viewdetails.asp?catID=9

Hello,

I like walking alright but is this a good time of the year?

Sounds like a good option for the summer months.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Invisible Rope.

This was a very popular pass time in the 80s in Ireland when we didnt have any money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LHWaUILKms

hedgeh0g wrote: »
    Invisible Rope.

This was a very popular pass time in the 80s in Ireland when we didnt have any money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LHWaUILKms

Hello

That prank seems to work well in America

Im not sure if it would work well in Dublin, seen as 90% of the cars are taxi's and they just drive right through you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

MrMiyagi wrote: »
    Hello,

I like walking alright but is this a good time of the year?

Sounds like a good option for the summer months.

Well, you can go hill walking all year. I've been out the last 3 sundays and plan to go this weekend again. But you need the right gear and that is not really inexpensive if you don't have it yet :(
    And of course it's nicer in sunshine when you have the views, but just for the excercise and to get the head free...
    And the snow at the moment is just brilliant...
    Better stop now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Buy a cheap kite and go and fly it at the phoenix park.
    Or get a job with Viking Splash Tours of the Ghost Bus - fun times and you'll get paid. Tough enough to get in it seems though, I've unsuccessfully applied several times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Watch a free street show by comic legend Dave McSavage :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dennymac

murder is popular weekend sport in dublin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭sagat

Take the DART to Greystones and take the cliff walk to Bray then reward yourself with a pint and chips. It's a great walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Throw bags of flour from a height (perhaps a tree, but from the roof of an old Georgian building is ideal) at open decked tourist buses

I know one person who does that.

From the roof of an old Georgian building get a fishing rod and a toilet roll. Thats hilarious. I know two people who did that

I saw this on jack ass ......... a fishing rod attached to some money. When ppl
    try to reach for the money reel in ,,,,,, really funny.

Advertisement