Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Stick, External Hard Drive?

• 02-02-2009 6:22am

Anyone know where i can get cheap ass memory sticks? preferable looking for something in and around 8GB.

A friend of mine who isn't very computer-literate wants one, and i dont want to end up costing him a fortune for something he might not use a lot.

Was gonna go for this on el bayo:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8GB-USB-2-SAMSUNG-MEMORY-FLASH-KEY-PEN-DISK-DRIVE-STICK_W0QQitemZ270337456903QQihZ017QQcategoryZ108982QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

As it seems relatively cheap, but just thought I'd make a thread anyway, cos im a real cheap skate.

Also, on the subject of memory.. I'm looking to get myself an external hard drive with (at least) 1TB (1,000GB) memory. Does anyone know of any decent/reliable ones going for a good oul price these days?

Thanks to anyone who can offer any assistance here.

Take it easy guys and girls :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

7dayshop.com

Havent used them in a while thoug so I cant say how their prices/delivery has gone of late.

For the 1TB drive pixmania had a few on sale there recently, think they were going for E95 (then about E13 delivery on top of that).\

Bought an iomega 1TB there over a year ago and its travelled a fair bit with me (taking a reasonable amount of punishment) and its still going strong.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Here's a slightly cheaper 8Gb USB drive, £9.99 delivery inc.

I've used MyMemory 6 or 7 times now without any problems.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Personally I'd recommend mymemory.co.uk, never had any problems with them, I got a 16 gig stick off them recently, great job. If you mate isn't computer literate there's no point in getting a TB, he'll never use it and think it's a pain having to lug an external drive around. I'd be wary of buying off ebay, I've heard some horror stories of people buying drives, putting a few meg of it and then it saying it's full, then when you re-format it shows up as a 1 gig drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

http://www.memoryc.com/usb/flashdrives.html?Capacity=8GB/

These lads are in Celbridge and they send out on same day delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

www.mymemory.co.uk or www.dvd.co.uk

Both reliable and cheap.

Hey all,

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll mooch through the sites, etc. in an hour or two and pick something.

Thanks again guys. Appreciate all the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mondayschild

burnIT.ie sells them for €14.99 and cos its irish you will have it the next day. www.burnit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

monday what are you talking about ?
    they charge 10 euro shipping so the real cost is 25 euro
    cop on and post accurate figures

green123 wrote: »
    monday what are you talking about ?
    they charge 10 euro shipping so the real cost is 25 euro
    cop on and post accurate figures

Come on man, no need to be so harsh on him.

I did notice the shipping cost though. €8.50 or something along those lines. I'll just get the ebay one.

Thanks again everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement