Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sports clubs YOU would recomend?

Options
  • 02-02-2009 7:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey guys first wall post! So refreshers day is coming up on feb 5th.
    As a fresher, I would like to know what sports clubs you joined and had the most fun in!!!

Let me know and give me plenty of recommendations! :)
    If you have time, can you give brief summary of your experience.

Heres the full list:
    http://www.ucd.ie/sport/clublist.htm

Thanks guys! :cool:
    |
    |
    V
    Heres a example so you get the idea:

"Kickboxing
    We had alot of meetups at the start of the year but things slowed
    down as the semester progressed bla bla bla bla. But we had alot of fun learning new fighting styles.
    Grade B-"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Taekwon-do.

Moi? Biased? Not a bit. Been a member since 2002. Had a lot of fun, just don't have time myself to train much at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭enimakat

it depends on what your looking for, i cant recommend trampolining highly enough though! it has something for everyone - just for a laugh, learn something new (which is spectacularly cool (bias what??)), something thats consistently on, and a great social life not just alcohol based - this clubs got it!

very welcoming and will help you learn the whole way through. if you stick with it you'l get the rewards from it! training sessions are 3 and 4 times weekly and consistently, 8 or 10 (4 major) comps throughout the year.
    if you make it past the fresher drop out period, you'l make friends for life. great social life but as i said i'm a non drinker myself so not just piss ups but it will certainly cater for those needs as well if your into tha! check out the site ucdtramp.com, the forum is a popular one too!

rock climbing's pretty sweet too but again its all up to you to stick with these and then youl really start to enjoy them - that goes with watever club you join!

yay pluging!

Advertisement