Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Repeats

Options
  • 02-02-2009 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

ther doesnt seem to be enough info on failing and repeating exams, ive failed 3, and theyve placed me in one of the courses again. will they do the same for the other 2? and also, i passed the exams and failed the modules because i didnt bother (stupidly) handing in assignments due throughout the semester with which i would of passed, are they to be done again too? anyone else go through this previously or currently, all posts welcome, i just wanna know what happens.

one other thing, i didnt get any grade at all for one of the exams, ther was nothing displayed, and i know i didnt do too badly in it to be honest, could it be they didnt grade it due to illegitimacy?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

You'll most likely get an email from your program office, but in most cases you repeat them with your 2nd semester exams. Not 100% sure on the fees, but last I heard it was €220 per repeat. That figure seems to rise each time results are issued though...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

one other thing, when i drop a module, that means that say in 2nd year i can do it again as an extra and pay the €220 then instead of putting too much work on myself now, presumably if i dont intend on keeping it as as major,(sociology in my case)?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Whats the story with pass by compensation lads?
    I got an E..but then I got an email about being regestered for a repeat. But can I not just pass by compensation if the rest of my results are good??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If it's a core module, you'll almost certainly have to repeat it. Check with your program office though just to make sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

If I choose to drop a module and chose another, rather than resit it, it's more expensive right?

And also, is it true what another fella there has said, If I failed one, that I can defer it until next year and sit it then?

Advertisement