Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question bout Exam results

Options
  • 02-02-2009 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi,

So I got my results and I got 2 B+'s , C+ , C- , D+ and an E.

I got an E in a core Module What do I do now?

:O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Wait till tomorrow.

You'll get an email telling you what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Will I not be Eligible for pass by compensation? or how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

You will be, your other grades are high enough

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Some core modules, especially those which are pre-requisites for future modules, can't be passed by compensation... Found that out myself the hard way this morning... Check UCD Registry's site, or wait to hear from your programme office..

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Got an e-mail from resits and they've auto registered me for a Repeat :( But in their FAQ it says talk to your Programme Office about a Pass by Compensation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭R__J

Yea I have the exact same problem, when are you notified whether you have been compensated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

R__J wrote: »
    Yea I have the exact same problem, when are you notified whether you have been compensated?

you dont find out until the end of the year to find out if you've passed by compensation...ive already cancelled my resit so i hope i havent done something i wasnt meant to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

So while we're on the topic of exam results....

What happens when you fail a module in final year (you get an F)? I know it depends on the subject as to whether it's repeated this semester or semester 1 next year, but can you still get an honours degree if your other grades are good enough?

Advertisement