Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSP alleged greasing discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Thats just plain cheating!!
    Think about how many shots Penn would have avoided by keeping him in a high guard!!
    Although i still think GSP would have won the fight regardless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I just think is a shame that a performance like GSPs may be sullied by someone in his corner do something (hopefully) without his knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Let them fight again and the result will be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I'm really getting sick of BJ, his fans, and all the excuses. It will never end. He got the crap kicked out of him, grease or no grease. He needs to go to 155 and give Florian a chance at his belt. EDIT: It is crap of GSP's camp to smear vaseline on his back. Bad form.

Valmont wrote: »
    I'm really getting sick of BJ, his fans, and all the excuses. It will never end. He got the crap kicked out of him, grease or no grease.

This isnt an excuse isnt wasnt even BJ's people who caught the guy with the vaseline. It was an independent party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Thats very bad form, pure and simple cheating. I don't understand how they thought they would get away with it either.
    If he was spotted doing it during the fight - why did the ref not just wipe down Georges back? I've seen ref's wipe vasaline off fighters faces between rounds before.

gspje6.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

And St. Pierre's camp responds:
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8107&zoneid=2

It's hard to believe that they would have intentionally cheated in this way TBH.

rovert wrote: »
    gspje6.jpg

:rolleyes:

Don't sure what that picture is meant to prove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

2qk8gae.gif

• Advertisement

2cz2g6q.gif

After Round 3 vs. Fitch:
    2mo75oo.gif

After Round 1 vs. Serra:
    333dd2x.gif

Sorry about all the different posts but as they are Gifs if I put them in the same post they would slow the thread down considerably.

Do you think this then lends more credence to Serra's claim after their fight that GSP was greased?

RNCFAN wrote: »
    Sorry about all the different posts but as they are Gifs if I put them in the same post they would slow the thread down considerably.

Do you think this then lends more credence to Serra's claim after their fight that GSP was greased?
    Not unless there's video of the guy putting vasaline on his hands before doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Its looks like he is just centralising his chi to me :pac::pac::pac::pac:

edit to add: this comment may have been greased with a little sarcasm

THE ONLY GIF THAT MATTERS:

oit2md.gif

GERMAN SUPLEX!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

That is some brilliant rassling. Being able to pull that off with the other lad resisting and keeping his back afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Should have given him the 3 amigos :D

BONES Jones is my new hero.. drop toe holds, those rocking footsweep throws and a ****ing belly to belly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

DRakE wrote: »

BONES Jones is my new hero.. drop toe holds, those rocking footsweep throws and a ****ing belly to belly :D

Dont forget his spinning elbows:)

• Advertisement

**** yeah how could i forget :D

DRakE wrote: »

Apparently according to Dave Meltzer Jon Jones searches Youtube for ideas for moves.

Anyway back to the topic at hand has BJ Penn REALLY filed a complaint as Ive heard allsorts on here and elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

rovert wrote: »
    THE ONLY GIF THAT MATTERS:

oit2md.gif

GERMAN SUPLEX!!!!

After he landed that i was waiting for him to hold on, drag him up and slam him again. Chris Benoit style!

LeoGilly wrote: »
    After he landed that i was waiting for him to hold on, drag him up and slam him again. VOLDEMORT style!

:cool:

AFAIK it wasn't BJs camp that complained. It was an issue brought about by members of the media watching. it wouldn't have changed the outcome but BJ did try to play rubber guard at the start of round 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I thought I read in the other thread that BJ said that GSP was not slippery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

How would vaseline on someones back affect the rubber guard? Thats a serious question, I'm not being smart. :)
    And the lads with the towels wiped it off so don't think it was even an issue. I think sweat would be more of an issue that a 6 inch spot of vaseline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Rubber guard is a high guard, that requires having your legs high up on your opponents back/shoulders, pulling him into you, and immobilising his upper body. It requires friction from your calfs on your opponents upper back to retain control. Vaseline could lower friciton and make it more difficult to achieve/maintain rubber guard.

From this article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/josh_gross/02/02/penn-st-pierre-post-fight/index.html
    Late Sunday, Penn's representatives decided against filing the complaint, which has already been drawn up by the Hawaiian's family attorney, first thing Monday, a reaction perhaps to some initial communication between the camps. Distance from the fight will also yield breathing room to make a decision on the rest of his career.

It also talks about the possbility of Penn calling it a day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

<snip>

Advertisement