Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate all women (for the moment)

Options
  • 02-02-2009 11:38am

Being a typical guy, I have runners.

You girls have boots with heels. In this weather I won't even be half way across the yard before I am soaked.

Bah!

(normal liking of women service will be resumed when the ground becomes visible again)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Wear wellies.

I have really good set of boots, but moving during the summer + lack of foresight meant I didn't bring them to the UK with me.

I have a choice of runners or leather going out shoes. I'm going to die!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Plenty girls don't wear boots with heels, to work anyway.

I had Vans on this morning so i share your pain :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Was glad for runners this morning. If I'd worn heeled boots I'd have broken my neck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

You girls have boots with heels. In this weather I won't even be half way across the yard before I am soaked.
    Heels that slip, leather boots that get ruined in the slush, long trousers that get dirty and wet and cold or skirts that let cold winds whip up around your nether regions that even 125 Denier tights can't protect against.

Although not being a 'typical girl' I have none of the above. I wore Cat boots into work this morning with two pairs of extra thick walking socks underneath them.

Man up, build a bridge and drive your snow plough over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I wear hiking boots day to day so no problem with feet getting wet.
    Nobody makes you wear runners :-P

also there are leather runners, they don't get wet so easily (and are a convenient substitute for shoes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Spare socks anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

g'em wrote: »
    Heels that slip, leather boots that get ruined in the slush, long trousers that get dirty and wet and cold or skirts that let cold winds whip up around your nether regions that even 125 Denier tights can't protect against.

Well that told you OP :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Fuction > fashion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Yet many girls still seem to be trudging around in soggy ugg boots...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

Bah!

(normal liking of women service will be resumed when the ground becomes visible again)

I dont have boots and Im a girl, I have a massive amount of runners. I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

In wet weather heels are murder.

I was walking to the bus on Friday night at about 3am, when I found a young lady on the ground, slipping and sliding all over the cobblestones just outside Trinity, and unable to get up. Numerous people had passed her by, assuming that she was just another vicious drunk. I quickly realised that what had happened was that her precarious heels had been unable to find purchase on the cobblestones slick with rain, and she had slipped, twisting her ankle in the process. After helping her up, she waved me off and said that she was fine, so I left her propped against the wall of Trinity crying in the rain.

And that, ladies, is why wearing heels on a rainy day is silly.
    I hope you all learned something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I'm a girlie girl and even I on a day like today have sense. Black trousers, socks and flat red Clarks shoes. Look smart for office but comfy and don't get too wet.
    Husband wore I think his hiking boots today. Can't really remember, but I bet he can'r remember what I wore either :-)
    Hiking boots are a good alternative.

Bryn wrote: »
    Well that told you OP :P

Yeah, no 125 dernier tights for me!!

Still though - the majority of girls I passed on way in had boots and skirts... :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

Bah!

Ha! I've just come back from a job interview, to which I had to wear my good shoes with heels... I would've killed for a pair of runners. Baby steps, or I would have gone on my ass...

g'em wrote: »
    Man up, build a bridge and drive your snow plough over it.

Can you carry me???????? Its cold and wet out.......

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Doc Martin Boots > everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I wear a pair of gortex all seasons boots. They are fantastic.
    meindl-island-pro.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

Doc Martin Boots > everything

Aw, I miss my docs... used to wear them everywhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I wish I had my walking boots down in Galway with me, I miss them so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I FCUKING HATE UGGS.. WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Jules wrote: »
    I FCUKING HATE UGGS.. WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS

id say theyll take forever to dry too.. my shoes were crap & a v bad choice (i hadnt looked out the window before i stepped outside) but theyre nearly dry now thanks to the magic of the radiator. id say uggs would be drying for a loooooooong time...

i do wish i had spare socks though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm wearing hiking boots with ski socks this morning. My feet are ****ing toasty :D

They've also saved me from the slushy ice rink that is UCD campus. I'd have gone on my arse several times in heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Steo46

Don't eat yellow snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I *heart* my hiking boots - light, supportive and waterproof.

I'm going to raise the stakes a little on the sock envy front - i'm keeping my toes warm with handknit socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Eh no you hate your own lack of fore sight and preparedness in this weather and you are
    jealsous and resentful of the people you saw who were dressed in a manner better fitting
    for todays conditions. :P

Nice boots Boston bet once they were broke in they were are as comfortable as fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Just recently purchased a lovely pair of low wedged heels. They're perfect for today - low and practical enough for the snow, but dressy enough and just perfect for giving me that extra little bit of height! :)

Plus I was able to wear my jeans tucked into them on my way into college so I wouldn't get soggy jeans halfway up my leg due to capilliary action!

I assume your hatred of girls continues, Zaraba!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Well i fell flat on my ass the other day in wedges. Then wore my knee highs (the heels aren't that high in them)to work (i was going out to lunch with the nuns don't ask) and i nearly went flying across the factory. I have found the only shoes that are sensibly confortable to wear to work are flats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

two words: doc martin

edit: DamoElDiablo got there before me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I wear runners all the time.

Of course, the fact that I wear a size 9 and ladies shoes simply aren't easy to come by has a lot to do with that :(

Advertisement