Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow on the ground.. now its actually snowing

• 02-02-2009 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

OMG :pac:

to bad its not going to stay

aww now its stopped :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

First time since oh 1999 ish I think. More tonight and tomorrow but with added freeze so it could be lethal in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya I have a nice big window and it was kinda nice looking out at this morning. From Met.ie seemingly it's going to snow fairly heavily tonight.

Like Mike said it going to be interesting going into work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Whats the temp out atm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

did you know that today is also 'Groundhog Day'

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

According to the forecast tab I have in front of me its 0C as I type this. In Tramore that is.

Snow here has melted but mike I recall snow about 2 years ago. Woke up one morning to find the place had a nice bit of snow but melted away fairly quickly.

• Advertisement

Not here! (Cherrymount, sub-tropical as a rule) Anyway it looks like we could get first lying snow at sea level for a long time in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

I'll post it again because it's relevant. Weather station behind the WIT, Cork rd.
    http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=EI2WRC&last=120&units=metric

1C at the moment. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

All I can it it was fecking beautiful thismorning, the snow showers and the white landscaped views..... a wonderful sight.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

oh its snowing again guys :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Steo46

Don't eat yellow snow!

• Advertisement

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya it's starting to fall out there now.

Off topic but does anyone rememeber the show third rock from the Sun? They used to be deathly afraid of snow cause it was so dangerous on their planet or something.

Funny Funny show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

mike65 wrote: »
    Not here! (Cherrymount, sub-tropical as a rule) Anyway it looks like we could get first lying snow at sea level for a long time in the next few days.

:eek: Sub-tropical my a**. My house is freezing. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

lovely slush for the grange area as usual i suspect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

It only snowed a few months ago, (Checks EXIF on Snow Photos), April 7th 2009 at 6.28am it snowed properly in Ferrybank last year.

Two years ago me hole :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    It only snowed a few months ago, (Checks EXIF on Snow Photos), April 7th 2009 at 6.28am it snowed properly in Ferrybank last year.

Two years ago me hole :D

hmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Dangers of typing in the dark, obviously meant 2008, I'll get me coat ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Lookin good on the forecasts for tonight. All clear on the Dunmore Road at the moment.. Hows town looking?

A light dusting on the car from a few hours ago, could wake to quite a covering I suspect.

This great wedge of thick snow cloud over the east of england is heading our way I think.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/images/ukvis_sat_200902021600.jpg

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

anyone have some pics they could up ??? im on the other side of the world so i cant really see the snow !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Very disappointed by the snow today. Are we going to get anything decent later today?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Disapointed?!?! Come to Tramore, its covered in snow! Best from here to Cork (tho its snowing most of the way up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Been almost no lasting snow here in Ardkeen at all. No more than a cm.

JPA wrote: »
    Been almost no lasting snow here in Ardkeen at all. No more than a cm.

Left Tramore today at about 5.15sh for WIT. Was snowing heavy when I left. Returned at about 7sh to find the place covered in snow. Came out the backroad and it was very dodgy, so cut back out onto the main Tramore road which was an improvement but still good bit of snow. Plenty of kids out making snowmen and throwing snowballs.

Plenty of great opportunities to take pictures of the landscape which was covered in snow. Head out the n25 and the trees are covered out past Kilmedan. Its snowing up as far as Youghal but it only gets heavy out past Kilmedan.

Estates towards the coast in Tramore dont have great cover but everywhere else is great.

Advertisement