Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hitman: Blood Money on 360Elite

• 02-02-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,154 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, I bought Hitman Blood Money at the weekend, got it home to discover it wont work because I need to change the Pal settings. But since I use a hdmi cable, I cant change the settings.

Looking round the web, I've heard that by using the standard cable that came with it, changing the settings, then putting back in the hdmi cable will fix this. Trouble is, doing this is a lot of hassle for me due to tv on the wall/wall bracket/stuff under tv making it difficult to take down from wall etc.

I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if it worked, cos I dont want to have to go through all that hassle unless I know its going to work

Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Could never get it to work for me on my brand spanking new LCD TV and only ever got it working on my mates crappy analogue, no idea what the story is there.

Gotta admit though, wasn't a fan of the game at all once I got it running so you ain't missin out on much! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I checked it out and tested it out for myself just to see.

I know what your problem is.
    The problem is your console is set to pal50 and instead it should be set to pal60.
    A lot of games out there support only pal60 so you need to have your console set to pal 60.

So you need to plug in your old component cable switch it to sd so that your console is in 480i.
    Go to System Settings -> Console Settings -> Display -> Pal60
    It will ask you do you want to keep these settings and you say yes keep these settings.

Then you hook up your hdmi cable and it should work fine then.

It's kinda crazy that you can't change from 50hz to 60hz in the hd resolutions but I checked it myself and you can't.
    I tried changing between 1080i and 720p and clicking no when it asked me If I wanted to use 50hz but the game still wouldn't work and popped up saying you need to change to pal60.

So short answer use component cable and switch to 480i and change to pal60 in your display settings.

I had this game, and played through it on my old PAL-60 widescreen TV.

My first point is - give the game a chance! I really didn't like it at first, but stuck with it and really ended up enjoying it. As far as I know, it's a post for the original Xbox, so don't be expecting state of the art graphics, etc.

Ok second point - I'd finished it by the time I got my new flat screen TV. I gave a lend of it to my friend (a very technically minded bloke), who also had a HD flat screen (which doesn't support PAL). Bottom line, he wasn't able to get it to work - and if there was anybody who could, it was him.

Sooo, in summary, getting it working on a "new" TV model seems to be a long shot (the game is to old to support them), but if you somehow manage it, stick with the game.
    It's a rewarding experience in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

OP, can you bring the console to someone elses home and change the settings there? It'll save you having to try and pull the tv off the wall.

Advertisement