Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ice Hockey

• 02-02-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭

I had organised with the IIHA to go up and shoot one of their matches in the Dundalk Ice Dome, great sport to shoot with its own difficulties but very fast and well lit too. PaulW came up to so the two of us shot different angles.

Heres a short slide show on the game its Dundalk Bulls vs Dublin Rams you can click in the left hand corner to go higher quality

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

A very different sport to photograph and a real challenge. Very enjoyable though.

Here's a few of my images -

3246021132_3a5ec48d9f.jpg

3245191281_b3f8f779b5.jpg

3245185209_654d093b09.jpg

Overall, happy enough with the results. But, I'll know better for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭conair01

paul were you in the players box when you took this? i was nearly decappitated by a puk once when snapping a college game...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The later is got the worse the lights cycling looks in the pictures. Good selection, I think I have the smae ones from a different angle

conair01 wrote: »
    paul were you in the players box when you took this?

I was in the players box for the 3rd period. Nothing blocking my view really, except players flying in and out of the box.

For the 1st period, I was up in the stands, spectator gallery. No perspex in the way, but a high angle down on the rink.

The 2nd period, I shot from behind the perspex. Slower shutter speed and less clear images.

I'm not sure if the colour change is due to the lights cycling, or if it was due to the actual colour of that light in that area. I noticed through the picts that there were two specific areas on the ice that had a more "orange" tint. I think it was because of the lights just over them.

Anyway, an interesting evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

I was hired once to shoot a game in Dundalk, I have to say it's a brilliant sports game.

3247664880_167d763a44.jpg

2895606569_9124680f5d.jpg

2895606793_cedc2423a7.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice photos there.

It's something I'd love to try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Got to love that video rendering stuff matey!!! :D :cool:

Advertisement