Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Fence company in Limerick?

Options
  • 02-02-2009 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hello,

I need to put up an electric fence to keep or dog from wandering and annoying the neighbours. Are there any companies that do this professionally? I could give it a go myself, but i want it done right so i'm not doing constant repairs.
    I've tried the golden pages but found nothing.
    All help appreciated,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

As you said you could do it your self, all you need to do is lay down a wire around the edge of the property and put the collar on the dog its fairly easy to do. I haven't heard of any company doing these sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭japasca

I meant an actual electric fence which will be mains wired, no collars involved.
    Thanks

What sort of a dog do you have, how big is the area you need to fence? And why would you not just use a collar?
    It sounds like a lot of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

Its pretty easy to do yourself, you will need a heavy wooden post on each corner to take the strain and you only need the plastic push down stakes in between.

You need to run an earth to the machine, and once you've run a wire out its live, no need to complete a circuit, its very easy really.

If you need it done professionally perhaps ask at you're nearest agriculture supply centre co op etc.

(dogs jump :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement