Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain name problem

Options
  • 02-02-2009 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am currently looking to change the designer of my website but the current designer will not give up my domain name has he said he registered it as a company to get the .ie domain name and thus thinks he owns it. He has pulled my sites and redirected them to his own page.
    What can I do to retrieve my domain name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Do you have proof that you paid him for the domain registration?

If you want to PM me the details I can have a look at it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

Thanks Blacknight PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

Hi,
    I am currently looking to change the designer of my website but the current designer will not give up my domain name has he said he registered it as a company to get the .ie domain name and thus thinks he owns it. He has pulled my sites and redirected them to his own page.
    What can I do to retrieve my domain name?

IEDR (the IRISH domain registry) are very strict regarding who can own or register a .ie domain, the designer would have had to submit some proof of entitlement for the domain on your behalf, if the domain relates to a company then that proof would have been the company number or an RBN, if the domain is associated with your own business in this way you can approach IEDR directly at www.iedr.ie to resolve the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

R3al wrote: »
    IEDR (the IRISH domain registry) are very strict regarding who can own or register a .ie domain, the designer would have had to submit some proof of entitlement for the domain on your behalf, if the domain relates to a company then that proof would have been the company number or an RBN, if the domain is associated with your own business in this way you can approach IEDR directly at www.iedr.ie to resolve the issue.

Hi, R3al thanks very much for the help and a big thank you to Blacknight also, hopefully on the way to having this sorted.

Advertisement