Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet wifi radios.

• 02-02-2009 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any links to reliable sites that sell internet radios ?
    Lots of uk sites ,but I've never used any of them before:(

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Quite a few people on boards have dealt with this crowd, LuzernTech they have a depot in Dublin also, but this particular item is coming from their UK depot.

Not sure if this particular internet radio fits the bill for you, it's not as well spec'd as some others but would be OK for my needs, google the reviews to decide for yourself.

They have it as a "buy it now" for £64 but it's available on amazon.co.uk (who I don't think will deliver it here) for £39 so I would expect the auction price to be around that.

Personally I'll put the next few auctions in my watch list and if the price is right I'll pick one up myself.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

thanks Do-more ,had a look at the radio on the site.
    trying my best at the moment to locate a roberts wm201.
    I'll keep that link in my favourites on ebay ,often order audio stuff and some good bargains on that site;)

Edit : Just threw a watch on the radio ,if the price is right ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

I bought a WM201 recently from HomeVision http://www.homevisionuk.com. They had the best price for it. £182 including delivery which worked out at exactly €200.
    I was happy with the transaction, ollie

thanks iisollie ,appreciate that:)

I had a look for info on the Acoustic Solutions Internet radio I linked to above. It seems that some people have had a problem with distortion, even when using headphones which suggests a promlem with the units amp. Many more have no problem with distortion even at high volume.
    I don't think I would chance buying one on the net and definetly not a refurb. Argos do a lot of AS gear so I'll wait until the new catalogue is out and hope that they will have it....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Do-more wrote: »
    I had a look for info on the Acoustic Solutions Internet radio I linked to above. It seems that some people have had a problem with distortion, even when using headphones which suggests a promlem with the units amp. Many more have no problem with distortion even at high volume.

No worries ,i would chance it if it was cheap though.
    joe250 wrote: »

I rang up peats and they told me they had two of them in stock at 99 euro. I drive in to pick one up ,only to be told that they didn't have any:mad:
    After I got back and did more searching ,I found people complaining about the iblik. Seemingly after 45 minutes of it being on it looses the stream ,instead of it resetting it gets stuck and needs to be turned off and on again.
    Also the clock looses time ,it's a bit slow.
    Have you had any issues like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

I have had problems with it not connecting when i turn it on but pull out the power and back in again and its fine.
    It only takes about 5 seconds

something about that revo that I like ,i'll probably pick one up if its going cheap.:)

Have you seen this thread (post#3) about the Logitech Squeezebox Boom for £169. Quite a bit more than I was contemplating spending, until today! :o

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

I spotted some reviews that didn't rate the squeezebox well.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    I spotted some reviews that didn't rate the squeezebox well.

Who?

CNET are usually on the ball IMO and they rate the boom at 9.4/10

invest4deepvalue.com

got the impression the radio didn't work if it wasn't connected to a pc.
    I've found Logitech always seem to make a b@lls of what should be good audio stuff ,thats from my own experience.

They're great at keyboards/mice/hardware stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

This radio was £39 this other day, but its 49 now for some reason.
    The pink version is still 39 though.

review/resource page

iisollie wrote: »
    I bought a WM201 recently from HomeVision http://www.homevisionuk.com. They had the best price for it. £182 including delivery which worked out at exactly €200.
    I was happy with the transaction, ollie

Was waiting to make sure I took delivery ,before I posted back about the order.
    Thanks for the link ,got the radio today and it worked out at €206 total. Better than the 300 they wanted in shops here:)

And I picked up a nearly new Tevion (similar to the Logik IR100) on ebay for £25!

invest4deepvalue.com

They're a great invention ,perfect present for people. Listening to radio from cameroon ,like it was the neighbours:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Just a little bump to this thread

I bought one of these vistron wifi radios from ebuyer. The pink one is still £39. I recieved it today and I would recommend it highly for the price. It plays everything I throw at it, has pretty decent sound and is very easy to use. The only problem I had was not being able to connect to my router in WPA mode so I changed to WEP until I can figure it out.

recommended if you are after your first wifi radio!

Just a little bump to this thread

I bought one of these vistron wifi radios from ebuyer. The pink one is still £39. I recieved it today and I would recommend it highly for the price. It plays everything I throw at it, has pretty decent sound and is very easy to use. The only problem I had was not being able to connect to my router in WPA mode so I changed to WEP until I can figure it out.

recommended if you are after your first wifi radio!

Does it play all the BBC radio stations?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Do-more wrote: »
    Does it play all the BBC radio stations?

Yup, all the on demand stuff works fine too.

The only station I tried that didnt work was RedFm :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

I got one of those Vistron also and have to agree its a great little box for the money, thinking of getting another for the bedroom.

Advertisement