Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody here design tattoo's?

• 02-02-2009 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all! As i've mentioned before on here, I would love to get a tattoo on my leg. I've always said I wanted something that has made a difference in my life and so a long time ago I decided I wanted to get a tattoo which had something to do with rugby. I had been looking at getting the Irish rugby crest on my leg for a long time (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cc/Ireland_rugby.png/125px-Ireland_rugby.png), but as pointed out by somebody here before, it is not a timeless piece and there is always the chance that it would be changed.
    As i've said, i want something to do with rugby, but I also would like a bit of a tribal design to it aswell. I've searched the internet for hours and hours and can't find anything that incorporates both the rugby aspect and the tribal aspect. Is there anybody here who has any idea's about it? Or could mock up some idea's? Or would I just be best to talk to a tattoo artist and get him to draw me up something? Ideally I would like to have a sketch of what I want before going into an artist!

Cheers boys and girls :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

First off, I'd say there's no way of knowing if something is going to be "timeless" or not, until it's stood the test of time...

I'd suggest that your best bet would be to find an artist who does tribal designs that you like, and contact them with your idea for a custom piece, and see what they suggest or what they come up with.

If what they say doesn't appeal to you or you are not sure, then remember that you're not tied to them because you went to chat to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Hmm, what about Emmet?
    He's amazing at designing tattoos, I'd say he could come up with a good Emmet special!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah been a long while since emmet did one of his famous specials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Tada!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Tada!!!!

Get this.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

emot-golfclap.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

I knew a woman once.

She died soon after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Jimmy Trigger

This is my artist.
    He is prob my favourite artist, of all artists ever dead or alive.
    And the best thing is I know him, ha.
    Imagination beyond belief.

1by1.gifLives in Dubland now so shout him a holla.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I want an emmet special now!!!!Actuallu that gives me an idea for a new thread!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Why don't you print off a few examples of the tribal style you'd like (there's loads) as well as a couple of crests etc that you think would give an idea of the sort of thing you're looking for, sort of like a montage to give the artist more of a picture of what you're looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement