Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 3 or 7mb better for gaming?

Options
  • 02-02-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

i was wondering which would be better for gaming
    i was told you get better ping times with the 3mb
    but in another thread i read that you can get your
    interleaving lowered on the 7mb and get decent pings
    so in that case which is better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Yip

anyone able to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

3mb.

Even if you can get your interleaving lowered, which is dependant on some1 lowering it for you, you could experience drop outs etc while in game if it is lowered.

They have a very high level of interleaving enabled for a reason. Not every1 has a flawless line that'll support 7mb or a lower level of interleaving.

Do you have broadband atm? If you do post up your line stats & it will allow some1 to advise you.

Otherwise i'd recommend getting the 3mb & checking your line stats then to see what kind of position you in. If it shows you have a fantastic line that will support the full 7mb + lowering you level of interleaving then you can upgrade & ask them to lower it to suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Yip

Simi wrote: »
    3mb.

Do you have broadband atm? If you do post up your line stats & it will allow some1 to advise you.
    i'm with UPC at the moment so not i'm not sure if posting line stats would help
    since there different connections.if it does could you tell me how to find my line stats?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i'm eircom 7.6mb down 672k up
    business light product same price as home pro, but higher upload
    pings 60/70 could be better, but its fine no lag
    no problems at all playing online
    i can recommend it

Advertisement