Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of exchanges to be enabled - strencom

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Probably taken from www.broadbandatoz.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

similarly, does anyone have a list of which exchanges were upgraded during 2008, or which ones still have to be upgraded?

The website I linked shows all currently enabled exchanges. The PDF that hjr gave, shows them in text.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

jor el wrote: »
    The website I linked shows all currently enabled exchanges. The PDF that hjr gave, shows them in text.

Yes, but in the list I gave, the list of exchanges to be enabled have more specific timeframes, e.g march 09 as opposed to 08/09 as list with eircom. I was just wondering how accurate the timeframe was..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

similarly, does anyone have a list of which exchanges were upgraded during 2008, or which ones still have to be upgraded?

• Advertisement

those all seem to just show which exchanges are ENABLED, what i'm looking for is exchanges that were UPGRADED, ie. exchanges that had already enabled, that received speed upgrades during the summer by eircom.

eg. 3mb -> 7.6mb.

at the time they were upgrading different exchanges in phases, but still had plenty left to upgrade last time i checked...

hjr wrote: »
    I was just wondering how accurate the timeframe was..

Wouldn't believe any of it till you see the exchange actually done. eircom time has never been the most accurate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They were all upgraded last year . next question !

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    They were all upgraded last year . next question !

could you provide some source for this?

my exchange was constantly in the "post-September" phase, and have never seen any mention of it, or others that were due to be upgraded, receiving those upgrades, especially as the upgrades were postponed in between phases.

my line is stuck on a solid 3mb connection, with quite good line stats, being able to support up to 8mb.
    someone down the road is in the same boat, which is why I have my doubts that anything was done with the local exchange.

Donadea exchange btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

hjr wrote: »
    Does anybody know if this list of exchanges to be enabled is accurate....

http://www.strencom.net/contentfiles/File/all_adsl2_and_sdsl_enabled_exchanges_23-12.pdf

I can't find a similar list on eircom, but wondering how accurate this list is.

Thanks

Just an update, got this from Eircom this morning:

Thank you for your recent enquiry to www.broadbandAtoZ.ie. We apologise for the delay in responding to your query. This was caused by a technical error which has since been rectified.

Having consulted with our network engineers, I can confirm that the current provisional schedule for the enablement of the Ballinafad exchange is for the period April – June this year. This broadband roll out schedule is a provisional schedule and is therefore subject to change.

Please check www.broadbandAtoZ.ie for regular updates on broadband rollout across the country

Just an idea, but maybe people who have got responses back like this can post them up to keep other people updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Sorry, but WTF is this Broadband at Oz.ie? Or is it some weird jargon? Broadbandtaytos?
    Ive seen the website bing discussed here without the name being brought up, didn't the aussies buy eircom? If its because of the aquisition then IMO its a very idiotic name for an IE service/product.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Sorry, but WTF is this Broadband at Oz.ie? Or is it some weird jargon? Broadbandtaytos?
    Ive seen the website bing discussed here without the name being brought up, didn't the aussies buy eircom? If its because of the aquisition then IMO its a very idiotic name for an IE service/product.

Broadband A to Z

as in from A-Z

still a completely made up name in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

PMSL:D - Sorry.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

Ehh.... back to the point of the thread.
    could you provide some source for this?

my exchange was constantly in the "post-September" phase, and have never seen any mention of it, or others that were due to be upgraded, receiving those upgrades, especially as the upgrades were postponed in between phases.

my line is stuck on a solid 3mb connection, with quite good line stats, being able to support up to 8mb.
    someone down the road is in the same boat, which is why I have my doubts that anything was done with the local exchange.

Donadea exchange btw.

you are right, the speed increases were not completed, because eircom had still to upgrade the capacity on some of their exchanges to support this. I am told that the next batch of speed increases will happen on the 5th of March. And Ghostdancer, I can also confirm that Donadea is on the list.

After that batch are done, there are a few more left and I understand that they will be upgrading those each month from now on as the exchanges are upgraded, with all of them expected to be complete by May or June this year.

Advertisement