Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawaiian Bday Party CORK - need help, UV lights, glowsticks?!

Options
  • 02-02-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm having an Hawaiian themed party in Cork. I'm trying to get my hands on a UV light, gonna go all out on this party! :) I've been ringing around all the electrical stores and even mmMad, no luck... MCK Electricals do have a UV tube, but I'd have to buy the fittings, the man told me it would cost E40 and I'd need to get a few for it to work. I'm afraid to spend that much to be honest!

I'm really desperate so if anybody could offer any suggestions?? There doesn't seem to be any place I can rent them from? I'm also looking for glow sticks, anyone know where I can get them in Cork?

Thank you so much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Have you tried the Maplin store in blackpool for the lights??
    And I think you would be able to get glow sticks in a pound shop, they did have them in Aldi a few weeks ago.
    Sounds like a great idea, hope it works out for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pinksue

Thank you so much Candyboo! I rang the Maplin store a minute and they had one uv blacklight left which they put on hold for me for E29 (it's wall/ceiling mountable, not bad at all). Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Make sure you look at it first to make sure it's suitable!!!

Gor Glowsticks, head to a fishing shop for small one's TW Murrays would be best, if you want the big 12 hour ones, head to a Survival shop or and Army Surplus Store, I advise Yorke Hill, but that's becasue the guy is sound out and a good fella to deal with.

Yorke Hill, is on MacCurtain Street, across the road from Leisureplex, walk towards Patricks hill, but only walk for 50 meters or so. there should be a small side street heading up a hill, Is there a big sign with alot of Survival type things written on it? Can you see Rucksacks hanging over a Doorway, you are there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pinksue

Yes I'm heading up tomorrow, the one I was going to get is this:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=44224 but I noticed they also have individual blacklight bulbs
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=24245

The guy from mmmMad said the lightbulbs weren't the best and to go for a tube, however the price is so good...! Where abouts is TW Murray? Thanks for replying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

pinksue wrote: »
    Where abouts is TW Murray?

Patrick street, between the Moderne and the body shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

The 2 Euro shop on Oliver Plunket street usually have loads of boxes of glowsticks. For €2 you get 25 small glowsticks and a bag of connecters to join them together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Can I come? I like Pina Coladas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Andrea Louise

How did the party go?

Im planning one for next week and having awful dilemas on what to do or buy? Do you have any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kerplunk.

If you, or anyone else reading this thread, are looking for glowsticks or glow bracelets in the future you might also want to have a look at www.glowsticks.ie

Disclosure: I am an employee of the website, however we offer top quality products and next day delivery by courier

Advertisement