Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do IKEA Deliver?

Options
  • 02-02-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering does anyone know if IKEA will deliver from Northern Ireland. I live in Laois and i am going to go up but i plan on buying bedroom and living room furniture along with other items and getting a transit organised for the day is too much hardship so im wondering do these guys deliver down to Laois, or has anyone heard of them delivering. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From a previous thread
    cormie wrote: »
    I went up with on Friday with my sister.

Found out that it's not actually £50 per trolley to be delivered by them, it's £100 for the first two trolleys (even if it's just one trolley) and then £50 per trolley after. So you will pay a minimum of £100 for Ikea to deliver.

My sister was buying a VERY small kitchen and I managed to fit all the boxes on one trolley:
    ikeatrolleygt8.jpg

When I asked about delivery they said that that trolley would be counted as 2 trolleys. Anything above the bottom of the blue handle would be considered a 2nd trolley. Then there was also another trolley of the kitchen stuff that they brought around from where they get the gear. The trolley in the photo were the flatpacks we got, then they get some of the items on the list. As well as that, we had a normal shopping trolley with a few other bits. So 3 trolleys, one with a double load. 4 altogether, but I'd say we could have got everything onto 3. So a small kitchen delivered would have cost us £150.

I ended up taking somebody elses things in my van in the end :D I was standing outside and saw somebody in a rental van of a local company to where I live, I asked him was it the crowd I was thinking of and he said yup and I said I think I rented that exact van before.

A while later I heard him talking to one of the Ikea employees saying he doesn't think he'll fit everything in so I said I've loads of room left in my van and he lives about 5 mins away from me so we threw about 10 mattresses and 7 futons into my van, there's no way he would have fit them in his own and I delivered to him the next day, he tried to pay me (about 70 euro I think which is quite generous) but it was maybe 30 minutes out of my life to help him so I told him to keep it, it was a favour after all.

He told me he got caught in the M1 traffic and it added about an hour to his journey back. So thanks again for the A55 route suggestion ircoha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Consider contacting dealhunter.ie

Haven't used him myself.

Advertisement