Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WAXOYL--yes or no?

• 02-02-2009 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I am thinking of giving the underside of 21 Turbo a coat of Waxoyl .
    There is some rust,on the car though nothing terminal. Will this effectively stop and prevent it coming back over a period. It is such a lovely rare car is such sound condition.I would hate to let it deteriorate. I have never used any of these type products before,though some people say that they do more harm than good.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sam22

hi the car would need to be completely dry , and the waxoil or dinitrol needs to be applied properly otherwise moisture gets in behind it and the rest is history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭deckie27

Slap it on.
    Get clear, well its drys light brown colour but see throughish

buy waxoyl sprayer and spray tin. Can be got in Halfords (axa used/still give 15% discount)

Power wash off all dirt
    Make sure its dry

leave waxoyl in a bucket of boiling water for 30 mins
    pump it up and off you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

After power washing you need to let the car dry completely, otherwise you will be sealing in moisture. You would then use a stiff/wire brush to remove flasky existing underseal and light rust.

Also the above suggestion is great for awkward areas and for cavities, but for painting the floor and other larger flat areas you should use Waxoyl Underbody protection which goes on black and looks far better than the clear stuff. Also it will kill the light rust and you can paint it on bare metal. Its less messy to paint on too and the brush will work it in better.

I would suggest a combination of both to give full protection though. Cavities may require stripping of trim or access holes to be drilled.

Advertisement