Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times vrs Dunnes Stores

Options
  • 02-02-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭

Reading the Irish Times this morning and it contained a notice from the Irish Times stating that the paper will only be availble in some Dunnes Stores. Some sort of dispute me thinks.

Any idea what this is about?

ps It said that any complaints should be directed to Dunnes Stores.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The Irish Independent recently cut the commission that it pays retailers so I would not be surprised if the IT had followed suit. The Indo is only available behind the counter in my local Spar at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

There was a notice in the front page of The Guardian a couple of months ago stating that Dunnes would no longer be selling it either due to a dispute over pricing. It looks like Dunnes are trying to put the squeeze on the newspapers in the same manner as they do with food suppliers.

Advertisement