Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Direct Question

Options
  • 02-02-2009 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

I am after moving to Leargán on the Western Distributer Road but I have no idea which one of the city direct buses run by the estate. Does anyone know which one it is so I can go by the timetable. Also I presume there is a bus stop somewhere along the road?

Thanks,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I looked at the phonebook and got the below information

Galway City Direct
    Phone 091 860814

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

They used to have a website but its a shambles now.

Useless shower they are. Get a car and be done with it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

seriously, if you walked you'd be quicker than that bus "service"!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'm being serious, not flippant, when I say, get a bicycle!

Gets you anywhere in the city you want to go, for free (or the cost of maintenance if you've got yourself a beater) and quicker than most busses. Definitely on your own time, anyway. No waiting for your bike to come along 30 minutes past the point it was supposed to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy316i

Ah I know but a bicycle is only suitable certain days. I have a motorbike but I am not a fan of getting wet every morning so the bus might be handy if it is lashing (or snowing as it is right now!) and I have to leave the house b4 8 if I am to bring the car which can be a pain . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I have a north face Goretex shell and waterproof trousers (the trousers are no name since they're less important) No such thing as unsuitable weather in the right gear :)

Oh man I could see myself sweating inside that!!!:)

€1.80 a ticket!!!:eek: Oh lord

Thank god I'm not in knocknacarra any more. OUt in Douguisce now. The parkmore bus is brill.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

City Direct truly are the handcarts that will carry us all to hell. Bizarre routes, no sense to the timetable, drivers who listen to their iPods whilst driving and clip parked cars and buses that look like they've waged a tank battle with the Soviets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

Even though City Direct have a bus stop just outside my estate, I don't even consider them as a feasible mode of transport anymore. They are absolutely the worst bus service I have ever come across! Their timetables mean nothing! Maybe they view the concept of time as being non-linear or something but I can't recall ever having one of those buses arrive at the scheduled time (and yes, I know that you have to allow a certain amount of time for it to get from its set-off point). They make my blood boil :mad:

I hate that "bus service." I'd rather just walk into town.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Never rock up to the bus stop on time for them, go either 20 minutes either side and you'll have more success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

paddy316i wrote: »
    €1.80 a ticket!!!:eek: Oh lord

Still can't belieive that they could justify the highest bus price in Galway and yet give a service as shoddy and as mediocre like they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

If i'm not mistaken the owner of city direct is also the owner of city bin !!! he seems to be rubbish with both !!!!:D

Advertisement