Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not being paid!

Options
  • 02-02-2009 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

yoyo,

last week i got suspended from work and now while an investigation is underway,

the company i work for owe me about 100euro in back pay...and have refused to pay me untill the investigation is complete....i know of suspension without pay which is fine because i get paid for hours worked etc..

this legal?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What are you suspended for (i.e. is it theft out of a tiller or something where you'd be asked to compensate?), this is what would really drive it along of course with contract and employee handbook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

I would suggest that an employee can never withhold wages. But if you've agreed in writing that you'll cover till shortages then they can withhold that.

They need a signed contract allowing them to hold back pay in order to hold back any pay though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

i hadnt yet signed a contract of employment because i have only been there like two weeks, yes my tills were under by roughly 30euro and have been suspended.

please help as i am a student and need to sort this asap or iv got zilch money coming into me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

No contract of employment means no monye can be docked at all.

Advertisement