Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bosingwa issues apology

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ok he appologised so fair enough. Was a shocking bit of UFC action in fairness. How did the linesman not flag for it?

As stated above now that the FA have recinded Lampards card and Bosingwa has appologised all thats left now is for Gerrard to appologise for his stunt on Bosingwa.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Des wrote: »
    What?

Did he say something anti-jewish to Yossi?

No. It's called a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Going by the rules, or common sense if you'd prefer, what he did was a sending off offense. If you raise your studs in a challenge as the saying goes "you risk getting sent off even if you make no contact". Going on that, and people have been sent off for it, he definitely made contact and should definitely have gone.

Arguing he wouldn't have left a mark? You could dismiss the majority of sendings off if you're going to apply that rule of thumb to a decision - you have to be high/you have to have studs showing/you have to show intent but all must leave a mark on the player or we can just let them slide. That's a bit of a ridiculous argument in my opinion.

Generally if you go in 2-footed and/or with studs showing there is a very real chance of hurting someone badly. Whether you connect or not isn't the point, it's the potential to hurt someone. Intent. People have lost all sense of perspective on studs-up and apply it all wrong. Anyone who plays/played the game knows a lot of the time your studs can be showing with no risk of injury or intent to injure. If you're stretching for a ball you cant always go with the in-step.

What Boswinga did had zero potential to hurt anyone, zero intent to hurt anyone and like i said wouldn't have left a mark. Applying the letter of the law, i'm not sure what the decision should be. I suppose red in the current climate. 3 game ban? Having a laugh. Put it this way, if he pushed him with his hand and not with his foot, he almost never gets red for it. The incident had comedy value written all over it. Uni-brow v Yossi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Generally if you go in 2-footed and/or with studs showing there is a very real chance of hurting someone badly. Whether you connect or not isn't the point, it's the potential to hurt someone. Intent. People have lost all sense of perspective on studs-up and apply it all wrong. Anyone who plays/played the game knows a lot of the time your studs can be showing with no risk of injury or intent to injure. If you're stretching for a ball you cant always go with the in-step.

What Boswinga did had zero potential to hurt anyone, zero intent to hurt anyone and like i said wouldn't have left a mark. Applying the letter of the law, i'm not sure what the decision should be. I suppose red in the current climate. 3 game ban? Having a laugh. Put it this way, if he pushed him with his hand and not with his foot, he almost never gets red for it. The incident had comedy value written all over it. Uni-brow v Yossi.

Jesus Christ. I'm not having a go here, but when Benayoun wastes time at the corner flag and Bosingwa goes in, studs up, and rakes his back, that is a sending off.
    I do hear what you are saying, i do. But it's the easiest red card to give. Honest to God, it was hilarious doubled by the fact that he wasn't given a red.
    In fact, not evena red. He didnt get booked. Not even booked, he didnt get a free given against him. The linesman must have been pro Palestinian or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

monkey9 wrote: »
    Bosingwa goes in, studs up, and rakes his back

christ almighty

he gave him a shove in the arse with the underside of his boot, nothing more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Helix wrote: »
    christ almighty

he gave him a shove in the arse with the underside of his boot, nothing more

Yes or no. Should he have been sent off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yes or no. Should he have been sent off!
    I'll answer that, if you want consistency in a game then no.

Gerard should have been gone lone before, theres an argument that he should have been gone with a straight red for kicking the ball at Bosingwa just like Rory Delap the day before, but he also got away without punishment for the tackle on Mikel. And he was rightly yellow carded for the dive.

Basically wtih the exception of the Lampard incident, the referee showed remarkable consistency in that he didn't hand out cards for serious fouls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

There is should be no argument that he could have gone for kicking the ball at bosingwa, delap should never have gone for it and there was no way that Gerrard should have either, if you started getting sent off for kicking the ball then there would not be too many players left come the end of a game, regardless of who/where you kick it. You can get a yellow for kicking it away, that is the most that Delpa should have expected.

It does seem that you are letting your Man U tinted spectacles hinder your vision a bit there. If you cannot see that there should have been sanction for Bosingwas actions then you really are not looking for consistencey, you are looking for bias. If somebody did that to Rooney next week you would be screaming for their head and you know you would. Your opinion has nothing to do with consistency and everything to do with not liking Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

There is should be no argument that he could have gone for kicking the ball at bosingwa, delap should never have gone for it and there was no way that Gerrard should have either, if you started getting sent off for kicking the ball then there would not be too many players left come the end of a game, regardless of who/where you kick it. You can get a yellow for kicking it away, that is the most that Delpa should have expected.

It does seem that you are letting your Man U tinted spectacles hinder your vision a bit there. If you cannot see that there should have been sanction for Bosingwas actions then you really are not looking for consistencey, you are looking for bias. If somebody did that to Rooney next week you would be screaming for their head and you know you would. Your opinion has nothing to do with consistency and everything to do with not liking Liverpool.
    If thats me you are replyng to, you have your facts a bit mixed up, I'm not a United fan by any means.
    I don't support any of the big four. I don't have anything against most of the players that play for the 'big four', and especailly Steven Gerard who has been magnificent for Liverpool this season, in fact I dislike more people at United than any other big four club. I just call it as I see it, and Gerard should have got a yellow for that but Delap did get a red the day before so there is a case for it if we want consistency throughout the league. Just to finish on that match, Gerard had three offences in that match that were all yellow cards but he only got one for diving. Theres no bias there on my part, its easy for everyone to see if they look at a replay of the match. Lampard's sending off mistified me, a yellow card was fair there but a red was just crazy. My first instinct was that Bosingwa had to go, I've admitted that already in this thread, but I'm just saying that if you are talking about consistency in a game then Gerard should have been gone long before that, and when he didn't get rid of Gerard then you don't expect action over Bosingwa either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I cannot believe you are saying Delap should have stayed on the pitch. Firstly he chopped SWP from behind deliberately (dirty foul, yellow card offence in itself). Then he proceeded to belt the ball at SWP while he was on the ground. Now by my reckoning that is violent conduct and, if it had been done on it's own, would have been a yellow card.

Combine the two moments of idiocy together and you get a red card. Pretty straight forward decision.

Advertisement