Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ken Doherty

• 02-02-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with Ken? He is now provisionally number 36 and falling. He lost his last qualifing match 5-0 in the China Open. I predicted when he dropped out of the top 16 that he would nuckle down and get straight back in but I'm afraid I was wrong. Is he happy enough doing a bit on the BBC and playing poker?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Unfortunately Glenman, it looks like the Darlin of Dublin has been put out to stud on BBC coverage. His form has been going the wrong way over the last couple of seasons and I presume that he'll knock around for a few years down the rankings before he quietly slips out to a life of playing exhibition matches around Dublin snooker clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alang184

It's always likely for players when they reach his years to struggle a bit more than before. That match with Liang Wenbo (if I'm not mistaken) was a crucial point because losing that match ensured he wouldn't make the top 16 for this season (correct me if I'm wrong on that). That block of players of 17 - 32 is fierce, some big names down there, and so more difficult than ever to qualify for the ranking events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

He earns €5,000 minimum at any public appearance he is at, and that's more again on talk shows and radio programmes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

More misery for Doherty. He's just lost 5-0 to Jimmy White in the final qualifing round of the Welsh open. That two whitewash's in a row, excuse the pun

Advertisement