Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me spend some money!

• 02-02-2009 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭

Right, so I got one of those bonusbond gift cards for christmas from work worth €250. I went out and got a 50mm 1.8 and some other bits and pieces non-photography related. I now have a little over €100 on the card and no idea what to get..

Kit bag already has:
    Nikon D40
    18-55 Kit Lens
    Sigma 70-300
    Nikkor 50mm 1.8
    Manfretto Tripod

I know €100 wont go far but any accessories people find invaluble? Was thinking a battery grip but you can only get cheap-looking-and-feeling, expensively-priced 3rd party ones for the D40. Maybe filters? Mainly shoot architectural (day/night), urban stuff (mostly night, slow shutter stuff), and use the 70-300 for aircraft photography.

Oh and the giftcard can be used in the camera centre, pixels and conns

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Get a book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Stash it? There is a recession on after all.

In all seriousness, could you combine with more cash for something that you actually want, as opposed to finding something that merely fits the limit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea id reckon get a book or save it..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Book is a great idea lads, never thought of that. Was too busy thinking what else I could clip onto the camera. I would ask which one but i've seen understanding exposure mentioned on here plenty of times and its about time I picked up a copy.

As for combining with cash, the job isn't very stable at the moment so no more splashing out with spare cash. Using this voucher is one last treat before counting pennies for lunches everyday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Stee, I still have that book for you...will find a way to get it to you at some stage! However, that's free and doesn't help in your quest to spend:p

What about getting a speedlight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Stee, I still have that book for you...will find a way to get it to you at some stage! However, that's free and doesn't help in your quest to spend:p

What about getting a speedlight?

Not a bad idea too, never really looked into a flash before but might have a look at some prices. Oh and text or pm me anytime to arrange a meet up for the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

SB400 should be within your range, a little wonder that flash

Advertisement