Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

some terrible news, may he rest in peace. massive tragedy, have played football and soccer against this lad, was a great player...........

Tragic death of Kerry All-Ireland winner
    29 May 2009

Kerry GAA has been plunged into deep shock by the sudden death in New York of Jimmy Falvey, who won an All-Ireland U21 medal with the Kingdom last year.

The 22-year-old from Aghadoe was an inspirational wing forward for Fossa and East Kerry and also a brilliant soccer player with Killarney Celtic.

Tragically, his death occurred within hours of arriving in New York, where he planned to work during the summer months and to play football with the Leitrim club.

The entire area is grieving for the loss of the fun-loving young student-teacher, who was full of life and fondly remembered as a loyal and loving family man.

Fossa vice-chairman John Rice said: "We are totally devastated for his family and our thoughts and prayers are with them."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

You should be able to guess!
    Red=Cork
    Green=Kerry
    Blue=Neutral

I usually get a green ticket but go to the blue section as that's the middle section. They're not strict about what section of the terrace you go to.

Thats not right, your imagining Fitzgerald stadium backwards.

The Cork Crowd are always in the Yellow Section but stay behind the Goals. Its not as structured as Croker, as in Section 1A , 1B 1C etc.
    You just get a ticket for the Yellow section and Head behind the goals.

If you wanted to cause a bit of Commotion you could head towards the halfway line and mix with us in the Kerry Crowd, but that mightn't be wise considering recent happenings at Matches. (i.e Fights between suppoerters)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

some terrible news, may he rest in peace. massive tragedy, have played football and soccer against this lad, was a great player...........

Tragic death of Kerry All-Ireland winner
    29 May 2009

Kerry GAA has been plunged into deep shock by the sudden death in New York of Jimmy Falvey, who won an All-Ireland U21 medal with the Kingdom last year.

The 22-year-old from Aghadoe was an inspirational wing forward for Fossa and East Kerry and also a brilliant soccer player with Killarney Celtic.

Tragically, his death occurred within hours of arriving in New York, where he planned to work during the summer months and to play football with the Leitrim club.

The entire area is grieving for the loss of the fun-loving young student-teacher, who was full of life and fondly remembered as a loyal and loving family man.

Fossa vice-chairman John Rice said: "We are totally devastated for his family and our thoughts and prayers are with them."

Jimmy was a great guy, will be greatly missed in both Sporting and social circles in Killarney.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

RIP

Kerry's team named for Sunday.

Griffin full back- Kennelly midfield, Walsh ff

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Kerry Team to Play Cork on 7th June 09

Ciarraí V Corcaigh Munster Championship Semi Final 2009 7th June

(1) Diarmuid Murphy (Dingle) (2) Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (3) Tom O’Sullivan (Rathmore) (4) Padraig Reidy (Scartaglin) (5) Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (6) Tommy Griffin (Dingle) (7) Aidan O’Mahony (Rathmore) (8) Tadhg Kennelly (Listowel Emmets) (9) Michéal Quirke (Kerins O’Rahilly’s) (10) Paul Galvin (Finuge ) (11) Declan O’Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) (12) Donnacha Walsh (Cromane) (13) Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes) (14) Tommy Walsh (Kerins O’Rahilly’s) (15) Darran O’Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (Captain)

Fir Ionad: (16) Ger Reidy (Castleisland Desmonds) (17) David Moran (Kerins O’Rahilly’s) (18) Killian Young (Renard) (19) Darragh Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (20) Seán O’Sullivan (Cromane) (21) Aidan O’Shea (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (22) Paul O’Connor (Kenmare) (23) Bryan Sheehan ( St Mary’s) (24) Eoin Brosnan (Dr. Crokes ) (25) Daniel Bohan (Austin Stacks) (26) Maurice Corridan (Finuge) (27) Kieran Quirke (Duagh) (28) Barry John Walsh (Kerins O’Rahillys) (29) Seamus Scanlon (Currow) (30) Mike Frank Russell (Laune Rangers)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

A really special team. 10 point Kerry victory lads? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Orizio wrote: »
    A really special team. 10 point Kerry victory lads? :)

Lol,Orizio coming in with the Dara O Cinnéide approach.:D Build them up so high so that complacency will set in.

Cork Team vs Kerry.
    1. Alan Quirke – Valley Rovers.

2. Ray Carey – Clyda Rovers.

3. Michael Shields – St. Finbarrs.

4. Anthony Lynch – Naomh Aban.

5. John Miskella – Ballincollig.

6. Graham Canty – Bantry Blues (Capt.)

7. Ger Spillane – Ballygarvan.

8. Alan O'Connor – St. Colms.

9. Nicholas Murphy – Carrigaline.

10. Paddy Kelly – Ballincollig.

11. Pearse O'Neill – Aghada.

12. Paul Kerrigan – Nemo Rangers

13. Daniel Goulding – Eire Og

14. James Masters – Nemo Rangers

15. Donncha OConnor – Ballydesmond

:( Oh dear. Conor doing his very best to not pick the best 15 yet again.

Kerry by 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Cork Team vs Kerry.

:( Oh dear. Conor doing his very best to not pick the best 15 yet again.

Kerry by 15.

do you honestly expect us to believe your rubbish?

i honesly hope we do hammer you with the s*it posts you constantly keeping putting up here. cork people have such superiority complexs, there are no cork people who expect them to lose anything. the game will be tight on sunday and you know damn well it well. getting sick of you playing the card that your so much a lesser team than kerry when you know damn well that you believe different. and kerry are also missing important players, that is not our bet 15 out the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

i honesly hope we do hammer you with the s*it posts you constantly keeping putting up here. cork people have such superiority complexs, there are no cork people who expect them to lose anything. the game will be tight on sunday and you know damn well it well. getting sick of you playing the card that your so much a lesser team than kerry when you know damn well that you believe different. and kerry are also missing important players, that is not our bet 15 out the next day.

Ok,Kerry to win by 20.:D:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Good team bar D Walsh, i just dont rate him as a player at this level!

I can see it going point for point until the last 5mins where Kerry will finish strong to win by about 3points minimum.

blackbelt wrote: »
    Ok,Kerry to win by 20.:D:p

No no Kerry by 25 thousand... :D

Really though, Conor hasn't picked the right side, Spillane has no pace, Quirke has been a liability for years now, Carey is a debutant and Alan O'Connor has never turned up come championship. On top of that, we have yet to play an even semi-competitive side this year.

Kerry will win with a bit to spare, no doubt.

No no Kerry by 25 thousand... :D

Really though, Conor hasn't picked the right side, Spillane has no pace, Quirke has been a liability for years now, Carey is a debutant and Alan O'Connor has never turned up come championship. On top of that, we have yet to play an even semi-competitive side this year.

Kerry will win with a bit to spare, no doubt.
    I agree, seriously, we'll batter ye.
    Darragh to come on with 20-15 mins to go and batter "the lovely" Pearce O'Neill, as is customary.

Of course not. :p;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re6E_MDrrno

Found this on youtube. Classic clip, and puts the players diving and using soccer antics to shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

DDC1990 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re6E_MDrrno

Found this on youtube. Classic clip, and puts the players diving and using soccer antics to shame!

Great clip, that was full blooded, no "hold me back" stuff there... When men were men!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

what was more interesting about the clip was the way both players team-mates accepted what was happening - now adays there would be a melee of monumental proportions followed by combing of the hair, straightening of the socks, shorts and jerseys.

Kerry team For Saturday 13th June 09

Ciarraí V Corcaigh Munster Championship Semi Final Replay 2009 13th June

(1) Diarmuid Murphy (Dingle) (2) Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (3) Tom O’Sullivan (Rathmore) (4) Padraig Reidy (Scartaglin) (5) Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (6) Aidan O’Mahony (Rathmore) (7) Killian Young (Renard) (8) Darragh Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    (9) Tommy Griffin (Dingle) (10) Paul Galvin (Finuge ) (11) Declan O’Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) (12) Tadhg Kennelly (Listowel Emmets)
    (13) Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes) (14) Tommy Walsh (Kerins O’Rahilly’s) (15) Bryan Sheehan ( St Mary’s)

Fir Ionad: (16) Ger Reidy (Castleisland Desmonds) (17) Darran O’Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (18) Donnacha Walsh (Cromane) (19) David Moran (Kerins O’Rahilly’s) (20) Michéal Quirke (Kerins O’Rahilly’s) (21) Aidan O’Shea (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (22) Seán O’Sullivan (Cromane) (23) Paul O’Connor (Kenmare) (24) Eoin Brosnan (Dr. Crokes ) (25) Daniel Bohan (Austin Stacks) (26) Maurice Corridan (Finuge) (27) Kieran Quirke (Duagh) (28) Barry John Walsh (Kerins O’Rahillys) (29) Seamus Scanlon (Currow) (30) Mike Frank Russell (Laune Rangers)

Wow! I expected changes... but thats increadable!
    Its certainly a far cry from Pat O'Shea, and shows that we really are serious about the Munster Championship. Worried about Darragh's fitness, but overall, im very happy with the team. Moran for Darragh would be my only change.

As much as Sheehan has let us down over the years, he stood up and was counted the last day. His fight really impressed me and he's finally earned his place on the team, instead of us carrying him for his freetaking.
    Feel sorry for Donnacha Walsh, he had a great first half, but ran out of steam, he always seems to be a 1 half player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Sheehan deserves his place after last weekend, and I'm not a fan at all.

Did anyone else hear rumours of a bustup in the Kerry dressing room after the game?

keane2097 wrote: »

Did anyone else hear rumours of a bustup in the Kerry dressing room after the game?
    Nope, didn't hear that and I have a good few contacts in the camp :P

Doesn't every Kerryman :P

the rumour mill in Kerry seems to start earlier every year

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

kerry4sam wrote: »
    the rumour mill in Kerry seems to start earlier every year

What do you mean "rumour mill"? If you're talking about Darragh O'Sé hospitalising David Moran last year in training then rumour is the wrong word.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

No harm at all if there was, shake them out of their malaise... Hope to see a more fired up Kerry team tomorrow!!

Ha, I just realised Darran was dropped! I was going throught the changes in my head, and Tommy Griffin moving to midfield messed it up slightly.
    I'd definitly have Darren on... not sure where, Maybe instead of Padraig Reidy :P
    He caused plenty bother the last day, but I suppose the big men are needed.
    I wouldn't mind bringing Darren on for Tommy Walsh, if he gets injured again, and moving Kennelly to FF. It would be some sort of plan B anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Much better Team and a half forward line that will not shrink away from working hard

Ok, I know we're in shock, but we've got to make changes... now!

Brosnan OUT
    Reidy OUT
    Gooch - Wakeup needed, possible drop him for the next game.
    Diarmuid Murphy - OUT (His kickouts never changed, despite the stats of how many we lost)
    Galvin OUT - Sick of him. Support him all the time but this takes the biscuit!

We need new blood in. A bit of passion. Darren has to start.

A little harsh on the goalie, not much he can do when his midfielders can't win their own ball. Similarly, really good distribution into the Cork full forward line made things more difficult then usual for the Kerry full back line.

Other then that, unlucky Kerry, and I'm sure you'll come back after a loss like ye have done so often over the last decade. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Diarmuid Murphy has to go, he made several blunders throughout last year and the goal by Tyrone also cost the All-Ireland. When will Donaghy be fit? They should lock him into an Oxygen chamber until he is fixed:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement