Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

DLS have a chance of beating Killorglin.

3 Kerry teams will come through the other games IMO. Brendans, Dingle and Cahirciveen all very strong this year.

Macroom are as you say Corks best hope,but Chriost Ri, I wouldnt rule out with Aidan moyinhan and ex minor coach,and Nemo rangers man Ephie fitzgerald at the helm.
    Was with Limerick seniors when they had their best ever run,to get to an all ireland quater final.

Was in charge of the cork team that beat kerry in killarney last year.Dingle,and rightly so would be favourites ,but with young lads,particulary school teams you never know.And they will be well coached.
    With their tradition,their a dangerous team.

For the same reasons I would fear ,cahirceeven from a Cork viewpoint ,and I think they would beat skibbereen,even with Michael hurley.
    Primarily cause jack o connor will clearly have hes work done on him.Jack has a great record at underage and well used to beating cork teams at all levels.
    I would be suprised if factnas beat the kerry team.Jack always has hes teams in the right frame of mind against cork teams.Their never beaten .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

TTM: Isn't Aidan Moynihan in Rockwell no? Have seen CCR play this year and don't give them much chance to be honest..its no surprise given the current trend of top notch Douglas/Nemo youngsters heading for the gates of Rochestown rather than Capwell road.

Ephie may have done well enough with Limericks seniors, but Cork minors have been a disaster under him for past 2 seasons.

Cork beat Kerry minors in Tralee last year by the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

TTM: Isn't Aidan Moynihan in Rockwell no? Have seen CCR play this year and don't give them much chance to be honest..its no surprise given the current trend of top notch Douglas/Nemo youngsters heading for the gates of Rochestown rather than Capwell road.

Ephie may have done well enough with Limericks seniors, but Cork minors have been a disaster under him for past 2 seasons.

That's correct, a game they would have been better off losing.

Tralee indeed,my mistake.
    Your right aidan moyinhan the player,minor with cork,rubgy with rockwell,be U21 maybee this year with cork is with Dls macroom I think.
    He has a brother James.

Their is another aidan moyinhan,he is a teacher and manager of chriost ri with,ephie as coach.They have won munster 15 times,wouldnt rule them out so fast.

Yeah with a super young team ,ephie minors didnt do that good,2011 beaten by an excellent tipp team,last year was more a shock.

Hes record with nemo,chriost ri ,and limerick is very good.

I wouldnt say all top nemo men are going to rochestown.Stephen cronin is a top player with nemo and cork and stayed.

But their has,you are right been a few players lost ,but thats mainly dual players as rochestown do both quite well,in the harty cup quater finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Your right aidan moyinhan the player,minor with cork,rubgy with rockwell,be U21 maybee this year with cork is with Dls macroom I think.
    He has a brother James.

Their is another aidan moyinhan,he is a teacher and manager of chriost ri with,ephie as coach.They have won munster 15 times,wouldnt rule them out so fast.

Yeah with a super young team ,ephie minors didnt do that good,2011 beaten by an excellent tipp team,last year was more a shock.

I wouldnt say all top nemo men are going to rochestown.Stephen cronin is a top player with nemo and cork and stayed.

But their has,you are right been a few players lost ,but thats mainly dual players as rochestown do both quite well,in the harty cup quater finals.

Sorry, yeah, forgot about Aidan Moynihan the teacher.

Aidan Moynihan the player is still in Rockwell I believe..he is a serious rugby player anyway by all accounts, havent seen him play too much football. James Moynihan who is with DLS Macroom is not a brother of his I don't think...

Like I said, have seen CCR play and they are just not as good as most of the remaining teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Any one hear the result of the Keel game ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Any one hear the result of the Keel game ?

They won.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

He has a brother James.

Aidan and James are cousins not brothers and Aidan left DLS Macroom in 4th year to join Rockwell to play rugby. He is a big loss to DLS Macroom who would feel a lot more confident if he was still in their ranks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Gooch confirmed as Kerry Captain for 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭MOTM

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Gooch confirmed as Kerry Captain for 2014

Quite right too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Enjoying the documentary about Paidi O Se RIP

Enjoying the documentary about Paidi O Se RIP
    A truly splendid documentary,really enjoyed it.Great old footage of him running around Ventry and working in the pub.He was a legend (RIP)

Happy xmas.

When is yere team for Sunday named?

Darren sullivan and Young are big losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

When is yere team for Sunday named?

Darren sullivan and Young are big losses.

Who really cares, it's the McGrath cup FFS, the team will be what the team will be, Sundays game is a phoney war anyway.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Who really cares, it's the McGrath cup FFS, the team will be what the team will be, Sundays game is a phoney war anyway.

I can see your a real GAA man,well done ,lad and thanks for the insightful reply.Wow.

I would not have asked if I was not interested for one.
    Im sure real fans here will let me know.

Talk about Galvin been tried in the half back line,should be interesting to see how this experiment works out.

Talk about Galvin been tried in the half back line,should be interesting to see how this experiment works out.
    Thanks lad much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thanks lad much appreciated

Thanks keane,much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

He would have made an outstanding half back but not sure he has the legs for it at this stage in his career. Glad he has decided to stay on another year though, if he stays fit he will always have something to offer.

• Advertisement

mickeyk wrote: »
    He would have made an outstanding half back but not sure he has the legs for it at this stage in his career. Glad he has decided to stay on another year though, if he stays fit he will always have something to offer.

There was talk in the local papers that he would be tried out at centre back in training to see how he would fair out,its a position that we are lacking in options atm.

Would love to see Marc get a crack at it but cant see them playing him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Well Jack Sherwood has been named at Centre Back for the final.

I honestly don't see the value of trying to remake Galvin as a half back, even though he did play there, in 1999 !.

Fitzmaurice needs to take the bull by the horns and stick with the likes of Sherwood and/or other young guys, rather than reverting to the old guard.
    The longer he continues to try and reuse the likes of Galvin in different positions the longer it will take Kerry to build a championship winning team again.

Galvin in a good impact sub in the half forwards, and that's what his role should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Well Jack Sherwood has been named at Centre Back for the final.

I honestly don't see the value of trying to remake Galvin as a half back, even though he did play there, in 1999 !.

Fitzmaurice needs to take the bull by the horns and stick with the likes of Sherwood and/or other young guys, rather than reverting to the old guard.
    The longer he continues to try and reuse the likes of Galvin in different positions the longer it will take Kerry to build a championship winning team again.

Galvin in a good impact sub in the half forwards, and that's what his role should be.

I disagree,Against teams such as Donegal,Tyrone who play deep a ball playing CB will be needed,Against more open teams the likes of Sherwood would be a better fit,Would love to see Marc out there.

Regards McGrath Cup,Paul Murphy in the corner had a good outing the last day..While Barry John looks better than ever,O'Brien and Fitzgearld look good options up front also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Tommy Walsh considering a return

iDave wrote: »
    Tommy Walsh considering a return

If Tommy Walsh returns Kerry will win the All Ireland,I would put him in the top 5 Footballers in the country if he returned,But where to play him? I guess in the middle or Half Forward Line..he also could make a serious CB

Just to clarify in case people are wondering, Galvin did, in fact, play in the half back line when he came on last weekend. Played as a wing back rather than centre-back.

Would be a good option for a sweeper against teams that don't play with six forwards, wouldn't like him if he had to mark anyone though.

Prop Joe wrote: »
    If Tommy Walsh returns Kerry will win the All Ireland,I would put him in the top 5 Footballers in the country if he returned,But where to play him? I guess in the middle or Half Forward Line..he also could make a serious CB

You'd have to play him around the middle I think with his size and his athleticism.

He'll more than likely be playing centre-field for Strand Road as well considering Micheál Quirke is odds on to finish up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

keane2097 wrote: »
    You'd have to play him around the middle I think with his size and his athleticism.

He'll more than likely be playing centre-field for Strand Road as well considering Micheál Quirke is odds on to finish up.
    At the same time, put him in full forward and he'll be much of a handful for full backs as Michael Murphy for my money

It'll be nice to have the option to switch him and to have a player of his quality that can operate in two central positions with ease

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just to clarify in case people are wondering, Galvin did, in fact, play in the half back line when he came on last weekend. Played as a wing back rather than centre-back.

Would be a good option for a sweeper against teams that don't play with six forwards, wouldn't like him if he had to mark anyone though.

I thought he came on and had a word with Sherwood and Jack pushed over to the wing,Sure we will see Sunday i guess,Would love to see Marcus Mangan get a run Sunday,Real quality there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

when i see jack sherwood mentioned, i cringe at the decision to bring him on in the semi final last year.

shocking decision from Eamon, whod got everything spot on that day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement