Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Lost in McGrath cup to Cork in Mallow today 1-11 to 0-10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Lost in McGrath cup to Cork in Mallow today 1-11 to 0-10

Very poor display by Kerry,Full back line of Paul Murphy,Mark Griffin and Shane Enright were solid and Peter Crowley on the wing had a mighty game,The other 11 were poor tho...Alot of work to be done ahead of the Dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

I don't think Kerry will be in trouble in the league this year. You'd fancy Westmeath and Derry to go down before Kerry. I'd say Fitzmaurice will be using the league to experiment. I don't think he would care about winning that competition. It's interesting to see Galvin being used in the half back line and O'Mahony being used in the half forwards.

Archer3083 wrote: »
    I don't think Kerry will be in trouble in the league this year. You'd fancy Westmeath and Derry to go down before Kerry. I'd say Fitzmaurice will be using the league to experiment. I don't think he would care about winning that competition. It's interesting to see Galvin being used in the half back line and O'Mahony being used in the half forwards.

O'Mahony came on in Midfield and was doing OK until he cleaned out a Cork lad along the wing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Big year for Crowley imo, he's settled in now, he needs to push on and he has all the attributes. Hope he does well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

I think the likes of Sherwood and Lyne have a great chance this year

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Very poor display by Kerry,Full back line of Paul Murphy,Mark Griffin and Shane Enright were solid and Peter Crowley on the wing had a mighty game,The other 11 were poor tho...Alot of work to be done ahead of the Dubs

None of the midfield or forwards were any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

keane2097 wrote: »
    None of the midfield or forwards were any good?

Maher was good until he got injured,moran was very good as was sherwood.

Shane callaghan ,looked very good as a sub and I think he got a great point.

What will the championship panel be picked from?

Brian Kelly
    Brendan Kealy

Aidan O Mahoney
    Marc O Sé
    Brain McGuire
    Paul Galvin
    Fionn Fitzgearld
    Mike Geaney
    Jack Sherwood
    Peter Crowley
    Mark Griffin
    Paul Murphy
    Shane Enright
    James Walsh
    Pa Kilkenny

David Moran
    Barry Shanahan
    Anthony Maher
    Bryan Sheehan
    Johnny Buckley

Jonathan Lyne
    Stephen O Brien
    Donnacha Walsh
    Paul Geaney
    Barry John Keane
    Brian Looney
    Daithi Casey
    Darran O Sullivan
    Colm Cooper
    Declan O Sullivan
    Kieran Donaghy
    Alan Fitzgearld
    James O Donoghoe
    Kieran O Leary
    Shane Callaghan

Anyone missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭poppy37

Killian Young

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Is Bohan off Stacks playing with Kerry this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

TheNap wrote: »
    Is Bohan off Stacks playing with Kerry this year ?

He didn't play last year,great player when fully fit which was a shame during his time with Kerry he always seemed to be out injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Had a great cameo against Galway a few years back at FB but injury has always hindered him unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Any more on tommy Walsh coming home from oz? It'd be great for the county if he did, he is exactly the type of player we are missing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

mickeyk wrote: »
    Any more on tommy Walsh coming home from oz? It'd be great for the county if he did, he is exactly the type of player we are missing at the moment.

The chance of it happening this year is absolutely tiny - given his current serious injury plus the fact he has a contract until the end of this year. I would rate it at about a 1 in a hundred shot that he will be seen in a Kerry jersey this year.

As regards 2015 a whole lot depends on how quickly and well he recovers and then what happens as regards his contract status for next season.

Personally I would rate it at 50/50 on whether he will possibly be an option for 2015 but that 50/50 is pretty much just based on the fact that his contract is definitely up this season combined with his injury and not being sure what the likelihood of him being offered a contract extension by his current team or some other team is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

D'Agger wrote: »
    Had a great cameo against Galway a few years back at FB but injury has always hindered him unfortunately

I remember my dad saying that the route of all his injury problems were related to a troublesome back ; pretty sure this was after talking with Bohane's father at some game.Really don't see him returning back to the inter-county scene given his age and his injury history.

Re that Galway performance - a lad from Galway I know has routinely asked me about Bohane's status roughly every 6 months the last couple of years since then on the basis of his performance in that game. No matter what I say I can't seem to convince him of the fact that Bohane has been injured for so long and isn't likely to be involved for Kerry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

1. Brendan Kealy
    2. Paul Murphy
    3. Mark Griffin
    4. Shane Enright
    5. Peter Crowley
    6. Brian McGuire
    7. Jack Sherwood
    8. Anthony Maher
    9. David Moran
    10. Jonathan Lyne
    11. Michael Geaney
    12. Donnchadh Walsh
    13. Barry John Keane
    14. James O’Donoghue
    15. Stephen O’Brien
    Subs
    16. Brian Kelly
    17. Paul Galvin
    18. Aidan O’Mahony
    19. Barry Shanahan
    20. Conor Cox
    21. Paul Geaney
    22. Pa Kilkenny
    23. David Culhane
    24. James Walsh
    25. Alan Fitzgerald
    26. Shane O’Callaghan

Solid team,Sheehan is a loss though,Sherwood on the wing don't convince me but happy McGuire got the start,Half forwards all hard workers and looking forward to seeing O Brien again in the full forward line. Full back line needs to continue its good form also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

1. Brendan Kealy
    2. Paul Murphy
    3. Mark Griffin
    4. Shane Enright
    5. Peter Crowley
    6. Brian McGuire
    7. Jack Sherwood
    8. Anthony Maher
    9. David Moran
    10. Jonathan Lyne
    11. Michael Geaney
    12. Donnchadh Walsh
    13. Barry John Keane
    14. James O’Donoghue
    15. Stephen O’Brien
    Subs
    16. Brian Kelly
    17. Paul Galvin
    18. Aidan O’Mahony
    19. Barry Shanahan
    20. Conor Cox
    21. Paul Geaney
    22. Pa Kilkenny
    23. David Culhane
    24. James Walsh
    25. Alan Fitzgerald
    26. Shane O’Callaghan

Solid team,Sheehan is a loss though,Sherwood on the wing don't convince me but happy McGuire got the start,Half forwards all hard workers and looking forward to seeing O Brien again in the full forward line. Full back line needs to continue its good form also
    Im suprised o callaghan is overlooked for o brien.
    He was poor against us in the mcgrath cup.

Any time I saw shane with ul even he impressed.Like all good kerry forwards has a natural instinct,o brien hasnt.
    Against us at u21 he got a great goal last year was very good as a sub and got a supeb point in the mcgrath final,and was meant to have been very good for ul tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Im suprised o callaghan is overlooked for o brien.
    He was poor against us in the mcgrath cup.

Any time I saw shane with ul even he impressed.Like all good kerry forwards has a natural instinct,o brien hasnt.
    Against us at u21 he got a great goal last year was very good as a sub and got a supeb point in the mcgrath final,and was meant to have been very good for ul tuesday.

Shane is very lightweight for Intercounty football. Struggles mightily against physical markers. Looks great on the ball, but that's no good at this level unless you can win your own ball. I'd have gone with Alan Fit personally, but O'Brien certainly has an eye for goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Anyone got a link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Just heard on Radio Kerry that Fitzmaurice just announced that Galvin has retired.

I'm surprised, even though I did not think it would have been a good decision to try him in the backs, I still expected him to be used off the bench in '14

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just heard on Radio Kerry that Fitzmaurice just announced that Galvin has retired.

I'm surprised, even though I did not think it would have been a good decision to try him in the backs, I still expected him to be used off the bench in '14

Strange enough time to announce it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Yes very odd

Radio Kerry Sport ‏@radiokerrysport 15m
    Paul Galvin has retired from inter county football

Another great servant gone from the team,wish him all the best in his retirement.

ShamoBuc wrote: »

He was named on the bench for tonight's game,I was waiting for him to come on but no sign,pity I was looking forward to seen how he would fit into the Kerry set up this year.

Sounds stupid because its just a league game but I am so much more disappointed leaving today than I was last August. We were outperfomed by a better team that day, but today they were there for the taking. Stupid mistakes meant that we were 1 point uo at half time instead of 6.

Then after the Red Card Coldrick 'balanced' the game up by giving Kerry nothing after than. I feel cheated tbh.

Fair play to Dublin, better team in the second half and played Coldrick better than we did and accordingly won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Then after the Red Card Coldrick 'balanced' the game up by giving Kerry nothing after than. I feel cheated tbh.

As a neutral I have to agree, I counted at least 6 blantant fouls on Kerry players, 2 lead to score for Dublin. He also pulled up a player for a throw pass which was a perfectly legit pass.
    O'mahoneys dive was funny though, it was a free out.

Coldrick must be related to Dublin Joe ;)

yop wrote: »
    As a neutral I have to agree, I counted at least 6 blantant fouls on Kerry players, 2 lead to score for Dublin. He also pulled up a player for a throw pass which was a perfectly legit pass.
    O'mahoneys dive was funny though, it was a free out.

Coldrick must be related to Dublin Joe ;)

Yeah it got extremely frustrating to see Kerry players getting nothing, and Dublin getting some really soft ones at the other end.

I've never felt like a bad loser, but I feel like one now :P It'll pass.

Congrats Dublin, even with so many players missing from the starting 15 they still pulled it out of the fire. Great bench won it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Yeah it got extremely frustrating to see Kerry players getting nothing, and Dublin getting some really soft ones at the other end.

I've never felt like a bad loser, but I feel like one now :P It'll pass.

Congrats Dublin, even with so many players missing from the starting 15 they still pulled it out of the fire. Great bench won it.

Their bench is incredibly strong. Its sapping for other teams when they can bring in quality like that.
    Shame to see Galvin retire, a TOTAL lunatic but incredible athlete and player, as hard as nails. Best of luck to him in his retirement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement