Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

This talk that kerry are just going in hope ,more than belief,does not fool anyone in cork.

Thats a very good kerry team,o se and morley are as good as any half backs in any county at u21 the last 5 years.

Yes ye have a weak full back line,but dorman a super player is hardly rock solid at 3 for Cork.

Murphy is a huge huge talent at centrefield,then you have hickey and spillane,with Savage and Keane to come in.

Throw in the Hunger and Desire that this game means so so much to kerry football ,as its fair to say it is not a disaster we loose ,so much success the last 10 years in Munster,and we have a strong core of u21s making the mark at senior,and our management is new at u21, nots a travesty we loose.

Its a dissaster from a kerry view point ye loose,as while Jack and the minors will do well this year,the u21s are yere hope ye need to spring hope,new life in to an ageging senior team.And A good coach Darragh o se is ,he is under pressure to deliver aMunster at least.

Home advantage is worth a few points to ye,a huge huge home crowd,and with Cork injuries haveh i was a bookie would make kerry 4/7 favourites,and im geuine in that ,no blowing ye up for the sake of it .

Home advantage and a single focus on this game with none of yere lads playing senior may mean yere fresher mentally and physically than cork.I was in kerry last week and there is a lot of confidence quietly in the county of a win.

People say on paper cork to walk it.That ink is not worth the paper its written on ,as in u21 the favouritsm as last year proved with Dublin ,and last week offaly beating kildare ,it at that grade can be a hindrance more than anything.
    ON paper teams are evenly matched.

Cork are a bit too long in the tooth to go down to Kerry in any grade and expect to walk over kerry.

The mood in kerry has been quiet ,calmness before the storm so to speak.A shut mouth catches no flies .Kerry are being very quiet in that regard ,it does not fool Cork ,as Cork have to have the game of there lives to get a win here ,and its compounded by injuries we have.

Its kerry to loose at this stage with Home advantage a huge advantage to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

If you were a bookie offering Kerry at 4/7 and Cork 6/4 for this game, then you wouldn't last long in that game.

Not one of the Kerry squad have played or been involved with the Seniors (for the first time in living memory), whereas Cork have 4 players who have started or played significant roles in competitive Senior games. 7 of the Cork squad were involved in beating a much better Kerry team last year. Quite how you'd make Kerry favourites is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

A lot of yerra yerra crap going on here. Its on in Kerry, Cork are missing two of their star players and there has been little between these groups at Minor level over the past few years. This 'Cork have a load of lads on the senior panel' crap just means our U-21 team doesn't train together as closely as other teams do. The Cork full-back line looks a bit cack as well, Dorman isn't a 3.

Orizio wrote: »
    A lot of yerra yerra crap going on here. Its on in Kerry, Cork are missing two of their star players and there has been little between these groups at Minor level over the past few years. This 'Cork have a load of lads on the senior panel' crap just means our U-21 team doesn't train together as closely as other teams do. The Cork full-back line looks a bit cack as well, Dorman isn't a 3.

Who? Far as I know there's a few niggles but they'll probably line out as selected.

You can call it yerra or whatever you like, I'd be delighted if Kerry won, but based on as objective an analysis of the teams and circumstances I think Cork will win and I'm fairly certain the bookies will agree with that assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Why do Cork people think this is a massive game for Kerry?

I've heard very little about this game, as usual. At the end of the day 21's means about as much as the Minors, which isn't a whole pile, unless you have a family member involved.

Yes it would be great to win any game against Cork, but to me survival in Division 1 for the seniors is more important.

Cork's lineup is a good bit stronger in my opinion, and I don't hold out much hope, but If we do manage to win, I would be delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Who? Far as I know there's a few niggles but they'll probably line out as selected.

You can call it yerra or whatever you like, I'd be delighted if Kerry won, but based on as objective an analysis of the teams and circumstances I think Cork will win and I'm fairly certain the bookies will agree with that assessment.

Vaughan and Brian O'Driscoll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Why do Cork people think this is a massive game for Kerry?

I've heard very little about this game, as usual. At the end of the day 21's means about as much as the Minors, which isn't a whole pile, unless you have a family member involved.

Yes it would be great to win any game against Cork, but to me survival in Division 1 for the seniors is more important.

Cork's lineup is a good bit stronger in my opinion, and I don't hold out much hope, but If we do manage to win, I would be delighted.

Cultivating a winning mentality at all levels is important.

Look at what underage success has done for Clare hurling for example. They are now beating the likes of Kilkenny , Tipp and Cork at senior and those players have been doing that since they were minors. They have no big tradition of success/ glory to draw on apart from the 90's, so they have just gone out and worked hard and built it upagain over the past 5 years or so.

Each of Kerry's last 2 periods of senior dominance ie.the Golden Years and 97-09 have been preceeded by success at minor and u-21 success.

Yes I know that underage success doesn't guarantee senior success and there are plenty examples of it being squandered. But with our abysmal recent record at underage level, it is about time we began winning again.

I for one think that Wednesday's game is a big one for Kerry.

I am heartily sick of seeing our underage teams being beaten and I hope that will change.

We need to plan for a future which demands at least 30 top class players for the senior panel each year.

Orizio wrote: »

Absoultey orizo ,they fool no one.

Look at the last five years at u21 hurling football,and all the shocks.

Sam oakes who wouldnt have started is injured but a huge loss of the bench.

Made cork club team year last year

We could be without 2 key starters and two of the bench

Kerry are favs

Just to Dispel this Nonenese,Cork just turn up in tralee,bag a win,and hit the Cork road again,Paddy Power has both teams as Even money.

Ciarrailauaith -that means they they find it hard to separate both teams.There is a slight chance ,our two injury concerns may start .If they are ruled out ,i can guarantee you Kerry will start as favs ,as Cork will struggle to replace the two injured ,but to even replace them with such quailty is a huge huge ask.

I do believe if they were confirmed absents,Cork could quite easily drift to 6 to 4.

Now if i have objectivaley analylised both teams man for man,and the style of game they will play,and i can tell you nothing separtes the teams .That was done with Corks strongest team.

Take out the two lads,our subs have two injured,HOME ADVANTAGE,kerry are favourites.

In fact the way the pendalum has swung if kerry loose now not a good sign for Kerry .Kerrys to loose.

The way people talk here Cork were 1/3.As i said that talk fools no one.

Just to Dispel this Nonenese,Cork just turn up in tralee,bag a win,and hit the Cork road again,Paddy Power has both teams as Even money.

Ciarrailauaith -that means they they find it hard to separate both teams.There is a slight chance ,our two injury concerns may start .If they are ruled out ,i can guarantee you Kerry will start as favs ,as Cork will struggle to replace the two injured ,but to even replace them with such quailty is a huge huge ask.

I do believe if they were confirmed absents,Cork could quite easily drift to 6 to 4.

Now if i have objectivaley analylised both teams man for man,and the style of game they will play,and i can tell you nothing separtes the teams .That was done with Corks strongest team.

Take out the two lads,our subs have two injured,HOME ADVANTAGE,kerry are favourites.

In fact the way the pendalum has swung if kerry loose now not a good sign for Kerry .Kerrys to loose.

The way people talk here Cork were 1/3.As i said that talk fools no one.

So you were wrong and Kerry are NOT favourites, despite being at home?

Worst case scenario for Cork, Vaughan and BOD don't start (it won't happen though) Cadogan and maybe Fulignati come in...weakens the team only slightly.

Nobody ever said Cork were 1/3, don't be ridiculous. I think Cork at evens is a great bet for a Cork fan or neutral. Would price them 5/6 at least myself.

You've been praising the Kerry team to the hilt I see..with respect, I don't think you know the players well enough if you think it's a well selected team. The half forward line for example contains 3 men who have played most of their football elsewhere, midfield mainly.

Anyway, we'll see what transpires on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Read the post,with Respect,and please see our at least try to understand what i Said.Thanks.

Were even money on the basis ,our strongest team start .Take them out,Brian o Driscoll one of the best natural attacking wing backs at this grade and destined at senior ,would be a colousal loss.

Vaughan,if you knew anything regards Cork football with Respect,would know Vaughan is vital to the the way this team was set up to play,and also as you dont know,let ,Vaughan was the free taker.

To compare cadogan and vaughan is miles off.They are two very different types of players .Cadogan role would be creator ,Vaughan would be creator,scorer and dead ball specalist .
    I as you are well aware ,unlike some,tend to research a subject before i claim to offer any pearls of wisdom on it .

I would know quite a bit regards yere team ,in regards the last week.
    You said you would Cork would win and your fairly certain the Bookies would agree with that did you not claim.

Im sorry but you are in that regard Wrong,the bookies have kerry and cork at even money.
    Evens means cork are hardly favourites.

Unlike you ,im not talking any team up or down for this yerra lark ....im not playing poker ..trying to call your bluff.Honestly and geuinely i am not.

From looking at both teams,recent history ,home advanatge,the fact and well you know it ,its a huge game in kerry football ,and bigger than the game yesterday at senior(ye lost yesterday ,ye could still with kildare loosing and ye play them turn it around),ye loose wednesday and yere out ,And Darragh likey to go,the Hunger and intensity ye will have is going to be unreal.Tomas o se on sunday sport ,hinted how u21 ,football is hughely significant.

I respect kerry and kerry people ,and you know that.Show a bit of respect for Cork ,in that dont be thinking were naive to think were huge favourites,and ambush us with the menailty its cork to loose.You fool no one lad with respect,least of all me.

Anway we will see Wednesday .

Anyone that aint going kerry radio and 103 fm are doing it live.A great occasion ,and may the best team win.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

I don't think anyone is trying to fool anyone. In my opinion this is a weak Kerry team in relation to previous years. The Kerry forwards are strong but we look weak at the back. That is an honest assessment of it.

Home advantage will help Kerry a bit but I think the bookies have it wrong pricing them both the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

If it's well known that Vaughan and O'Driscoll are 50/50 to start - as it seems to be - then that is already built into the price. If there were no injury concerns over the two, Cork would probably be 10/11 or 5/6 right now, if they were confirmed out they would probably be 6/5 or 13/10.

Read the post,with Respect,and please see our at least try to understand what i Said.Thanks.

Were even money on the basis ,our strongest team start .Take them out,Brian o Driscoll one of the best natural attacking wing backs at this grade and destined at senior ,would be a colousal loss.

Vaughan,if you knew anything regards Cork football with Respect,would know Vaughan is vital to the the way this team was set up to play,and also as you dont know,let ,Vaughan was the free taker.

To compare cadogan and vaughan is miles off.They are two very different types of players .Cadogan role would be creator ,Vaughan would be creator,scorer and dead ball specalist .
    I as you are well aware ,unlike some,tend to research a subject before i claim to offer any pearls of wisdom on it .

You said you would Cork would win and your fairly certain the Bookies would agree with that did you not claim.

Im sorry but you are in that regard Wrong,the bookies have kerry and cork at even money.

Unlike you ,im not talking any team up or down for this yerra lark ....im not playing poker ..trying to call your bluff.Honestly and geuinely i am not.

From looking at both teams,recent history ,home advanatge,the fact and well you know it ,its a huge game in kerry football ,and bigger than the game yesterday at senior(ye lost yesterday ,ye could still with kildare loosing and ye play them turn it around),ye loose wednesday and yere out ,And Darragh likey to go,the Hunger and intensity ye will have is going to be unreal.Tomas o se on sunday sport ,hinted how u21 ,football is hughely significant.

I respect kerry and kerry people ,and you know that.Show a bit of respect for Cork ,in that dont be thinking were naive to think were huge favourites,and ambush us with the menailty its cork to loose.You fool no one lad with respect,least of all me.

Anyone that aint going kerry radio and 103 fm are doing it live.A great occasion ,and may the best team win.

Good lord man, why drone on about it? No need for the over-analysis.

This is a weak Kerry team, in my opinion, relative to recent years. The fact there is none of them anywhere near what is a weaker senior panel, would seem to bear this out. If you have a different opinion, so what?

As for the theory that we're saying we're weak for some tactical reason..I'm sure the players and management are glued to forums all week alright.:rolleyes:

I think we have a very strong Minor team this year but a weak under 21 team..that's my opinion, deal with it however you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Good lord man, why drone on about it? No need for the over-analysis.

Put down that stone thinkstoomuch, think of your glasshouse :pac:

Fair point keane but Dricco and Vaughan will have late fitness test.
    The bookies take it they will start,as they havent been confirmed.

Kerry are weak at full back ,but so too are cork.Cronin is the best man in that unit.

Forget about Dorman in name.You must judge him in the poistion he picked to play.At u21 last year,senior at club,at minor he wasnt a 3.

Kerry defence at half back in o se and morley is as good as crowley and ,white.

Midfields even out ,and the forwards the same.

Home advantage and a huge kerry crowd ,mean ye are favourites.

Nothing between the teams.Management ye have more expierence,our lads ist year at u21.

I say it now,who ever wins could still be beaten by tipp down the line.

Yere focus has been u21 game soley.Cork had sigerson and the senior games.It can work two ways,give us huge confidence as a team ,or in a way lads become men when there still boys ,and loose that fraction of raw hunges,intensity at u21,as they may feel they just got to turn up ,and often expect it to happen on the field of play than do what every player regardless of skill do Make it happen .

Kerry main focus has been this game.I hear the training has been up at the senior intensity .

Tyroyne were meant to beat kerry yesterday,at least be competive.And we know what happened.
    Mindset of both teams will have a huge bearing to the game .

I like many cork fans ,any cork fan worth there salt ,expect a huge huge challege from kerry and if you offfered me a draw and a replay in cork i would bite your hand of ,in that such are our injuries.

Limerick u21 hurlers were meant and i even said it ,would beat tipp last year .It didnt happen,a lot of key players were training with the seniors for the senior game.

tipp had no disruptions.The referee is crucial,we dont want a hometown referee like in 2012.He done everything he could to win the game for kerry .Worst performance,worse than martin duffy even,thats how bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The bookies take it they will start,as they havent been confirmed.

I don't know enough about the teams to comment on whether the price is correct or not, but the bit I've quoted there is not how the bookies do it. Doubts over key players are factored into the price in the week.

If Boyles and PP know the two lads are doubts they aren't pricing it up the same way they would if they were certain to start, that's not how they create a price.

Looking at the market the bookies seem to rate Cork about three points better than Kerry with everyone fit, whether that's correct or not is a different matter.

Ciarrai lad..as always your great to give your opinion ,but you dont' like the point debated.

Have you not you told me kindly many times were entitled to an opinion.

I have wonderful respect for your passion and love of gaa ,lad.Your hard core gaa man.I admire and applaud that ,and at times i do agree with some of your posts and wisdom in some things .

You said the bookies had ,cork as favourtites.I said and check it,there evens.I was merely pointing that out .Not my opinion ,a fact.

A touch of irony ,in that you say kerry management hardly look at this forum ,ha ha.Are you the same lad that became the voice of kerry gaa ,and told lads not to post info regards the kerry game last week ,as you said the advantage ye may have is cork dont know much regards yere team.

You ,tend to change to wind of sails when it suits i have noticed not for the ist time in a debate .You gave an opinon buddy ,and i disagreed with it hence my reply.You gave your view in reply to my post,have the grace to allow me the same privelege.
    yeah i over analyase gaa,i take that as a compliment.Thanks.

As you would say relax ,its banter cork v kerry ,take your own medicine your fast enough to preach on other threads .

And if kerry beat cork ,guaranteed i will come on here and congrulate ye on yere win .And i will mean it.???you may ask

Iam a good sport simple as .

Ciarrai lad..as always your great to give your opinion ,but you dont' like the point debated.

Have you not you told me kindly many times were entitled to an opinion.

I have wonderful respect for your passion and love of gaa ,lad.Your hard core gaa man.I admire and applaud that ,and at times i do agree with some of your posts and wisdom in some things .

You said the bookies had ,cork as favourtites.I said and check it,there evens.I was merely pointing that out .Not my opinion ,a fact.

A touch of irony ,in that you say kerry management hardly look at this forum ,ha ha.Are you the same lad that became the voice of kerry gaa ,and told lads not to post info regards the kerry game last week ,as you said the advantage ye may have is cork dont know much regards yere team.

You ,tend to change to wind of sails when it suits i have noticed not for the ist time in a debate .You gave an opinon buddy ,and i disagreed with it hence my reply.You gave your view in reply to my post,have the grace to allow me the same privelege.
    yeah i over analyase gaa,i take that as a compliment.Thanks.

As you would say relax ,its banter cork v kerry ,take your own medicine your fast enough to preach on other threads .

And if kerry beat cork ,guaranteed i will come on here and congrulate ye on yere win .And i will mean it.???you may ask

Iam a good sport simple as .

Debate? What are we debating again? Remind me. We both thought our side would be underdogs and neither of us was right as it turns out. Anything else?

There is no debating with you anyway, that has been proven time and time again here.

That's my last repsonse to you until after Wednesday, it's getting boring at this stage for anyone reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

with respect, your posts are almost impossible to understand...you are writing what you are thinking without taking a pause..

thinks too much is apt username for you!

• Advertisement

This idea that Kerry people Yerrah and talk the team down to lull the opposition into a false sense of security is pure bollox, and to be honest as soon as I hear it as an argument, I switch off to the general point the person is going to make.

The facts:
    -Nothing that is said here has ANY impact on the game. Its not like the players come to read boards before throw in and say "Lads, DDC1990 said that he doesn't think Kerry are any good this year, so we should walk this game!"

-The idea that we'd think so hard about playing down Kerry's chances to disrespect Cork (your words thinkstoomuch not mine), is utter bollox. This talk of "playing poker" and "not fooling you" all seems to be a story concocted in your head. We are allowed have our opinion on our team. If I think Kerry are going to win, I'll say it. If I think Kerry will lose to a better team, I'll say it.

For the record, both sides are good footballing sides, but of what i've seen from the Cork lads is that they are a bit bigger physically. There has been a real lack of physically big footballers coming through in Kerry for a while, but we have enough footballers usually to negate the negative impact to a certain extent. I think that it will be a close game, but Cork's physicality will cause us problems, especially in a tight pitch in Tralee.

If it turns out that Kerry win, I'll be delighted but not hugely surprised. If they lose, I'll be disappointed, but not hugely surprised.

U21's is a complete lottery at times. You only have to look at the 2011 Kerry team posted yesterday. A team with Brian Kelly, Fionn Fitz, Pa Kilkenny, Peter Crowley, Mark Griffin, Jack Sherwood, Daithí Casey, BJK, Stephen O'Brien, James O'Donaghue got slaughtered by 22 points in Páirc Uí Rinn.

with respect, your posts are almost impossible to understand...you are writing what you are thinking without taking a pause..

thinks too much is apt username for you!
    Typical response from a guy that cant stick to the debate,makes a slight on the writing and the username

I would rather think too much then unlike some clearly by having no info to add ,you have a problem with respect thinking gaa at allg

Debate? What are we debating again? Remind me. We both thought our side would be underdogs and neither of us was right as it turns out. Anything else?

There is no debating with you anyway, that has been proven time and time again here.

That's my last repsonse to you until after Wednesday, it's getting boring at this stage for anyone reading this.

You said cork were favs.I proved they werent.
    And i see conviently you ignored the fact you said last week here,kerry lads not to post info regards yese team.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great to see the footballers getting a win,also the hurlers won as well,surely be favourites for the Christy Ring Cup this year.

You have a view Cork are a Physical team DDC1990

Can you explain me to where we would have an edge physicality wise please???

I dont see that we have.Maguire is a big man,but Murphy is a giant,but hes a top footballer for ye also.

We have a few big players .But to say were a physical team is overstrecthing it.

I find that amazing with kerry at times,ye see immune to the reality a team can actually take ye on and beat ye in a game of football.It is like the poster yesterday cork anihalated ye in 2011 as we bullied ye physically around the middle.
    That is a load of rubbish.

Hardly,walsh is physical,laoire was hardly a big man.
    If you want to label sheehan as physical thats fine ,but people must rememeber he is wonderfully talented in football and athletic terms,would walk on the kerry senior team in a heartbeat .

That cork team didnt bully kerry,we just outhought ,outfought and outplayed kerry of the field that night ,and played superb fast flowing open football ,that had spatial awarness to the heart of every move,that weshie fogarty,and credit due ,in the aftermath of that game said ,Cork played Kerry football.

Hodnett destoyed Griffin that night .The Cork senior 2010 team was a physical team ,and were correctly labelled as such.No arguments there.

The 2011 or 2014 u21 teams arent physical overall.

I dont see that we have.Maguire is a big man,but Murphy is a giant,but hes a top footballer for ye also.

We have a few big players .But to say were a physical team is overstrecthing it.

I find that amazing with kerry at times,ye see immune to the reality a team can actually take ye on and beat ye in a game of football.It is like the poster yesterday cork anihalated ye in 2011 as we bullied ye physically around the middle.

If you want to label sheehan as physical thats fine ,but people must rememeber he is wonderfully talented in football and athletic terms,would walk on the kerry senior team in a heartbeat .

That cork team didnt bully kerry,we just outhought ,outfought and outplayed kerry of the field that night ,and played superb fast flowing open football ,that had spatial awarness to the heart of every move,that weshie fogarty,and credit due ,in the aftermath of that game said ,Cork played Kerry football.

Hodnett destoyed Griffin that night .The Cork senior 2010 team was a physical team ,and were correctly labelled as such.No arguments there.

I said more physical. Not saying ye are the Tyrone 2003 team.

And just because a team has more physicality doesn't mean they are not good footballers.

Seán Cavenagh, David Moran, Aidan O'Shea, Bernard Brogan, Ciarán Sheehan, Michael Murphy are all physical in their own rights, but are all smashing footballers as well.

You are so wound up, you are looking for arguments where there is none.

Kerry can be out-footballed. Kerry can be out-muscled. Kerry can be out-footballed and out muscled.

Kerry were outfootballed and outmuscled against Derry this year in the league and outfootballed in the Mayo game. To me we broke even against Dublin and were just a bit unlucky in the end.

We outmuscled and out-footballed Tyrone.

P.S:
    I'd bite your hand off to take Ciarán Sheehan onto the Kerry team, so not sure what that point was.

Ah here -...im not wound up at all.
    Im simply debating a point you made regards Cork.

You made the point a tight ptich would suit us the more physical imposing team .I poiltely asked ,could you give examples where as a team overall we are physically bigger.If you prove the point i will be the ist to acknowlege it.I feel in some aeras we are a bit light,and personally dont see us as a physcial team,in the starting 15.

My point is if we do manage to beat ye ,,it will be down to
    (A)economy of possesion in footballing terms

(b )compusure in the eye of the storm-in that Kerry will throw the ktichen sink at us ,and how we react to it is crucial for us.

My point regards ciaran sheehan is simple,a wonder footballer ,he carved kerry open at will in 2011 with vision,creativity and sublimity ,yet some(not you im fairness)said cork bullied kerry that night physically and was totally blinded by the fact of skill rather than Brute Force destroyed a very good kerry team that night.

Regards Dublin ,yes i would agree ,ye were unlucky in the end . Ye lost ,but ye won in other ways with the majestic crowley having a super game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Dorman, O'Driscoll two physical backs. Very strong. Other backs a bit light. Micheal Martin physically strong keeper I think. Maguire, Kiely big men. Darragh Murphy is too. Sugrue, Kiely two big half forwards. McEoin and Vaughan physical men inside so he is right when he states Cork have a lot of physicality.

From that list you named ,Vaughan and o driscoll could be out.

I wouldnt regard O driscoll as a big physical player anyway.Nor is Mark sugrue.Strong on the ball,hardly big physicality wise to dominate opponents or Bully them,and Sugrue proved that with he being taken of last year as he was outmuscled in the middle third in the same game.Would Sugrue physically dominate O se or Morley ?hardly.
    He is a superb talent,he doesnt rely on physical domination though.

Physicality in a goalkeeper isnt much benfit to a team ,overall.Martin is a fine keeper ,and very agile though.
    I said Cork had a few physical players ,and Dorman .maguire an Murphy are and Kiely is i agree.Mac eoin would be the biggest one we have.5 players ,hardly paints a picture of overall physicality.Kerry senior team in 2009,Had Galvin,Donaghy,Sheehan ,Darragh o se ,Murphy in Goal for example, 5 big men but they hardly regarded Overall as a team that physically bullied opponents.They beat teams as they were wonderful footballers,that had an elgance,poise and super skill to there game .

That doesnt mean overall we are physically stronger than them.They have Murphy,a giant and powerful ,more so than ,maguire .

Davis,cronin,crowley,white,O sullivan,Harranihgton ,Sugrue Cadogan if he starts are hardly phyiscally more domintant than the
    Kerry team .

And the man i heard thats going to replace O driscoll if out wouldnt be physical at all.

Keith o Brien like i said in the Cork thread last night,the same ref in 2012 that sent john cronin of ,then realised hes awful mistake ,recalled him is doing the match.Even kerry men that night were amazed at hes baffling decisions against Cork.

That is a huge concern for Cork ,as he tends to be hometown ref at times.That night he made Martin Duffy look good.

That to the fact we now have if what i hear is correct Another big injury worry on top of the inital two ,take in the concern with the ref and home advanage,the odds are firmly in Kerry favour.

Kerry have picked 6 forwards on there bench with just two defenders ,as there cleary going to target that Cork full back line.Our half back line isnt as potent if Brian is out.If he starts,there has to be a concern can he last the game and he is fit to do so with the hamstring.

Anyone watch the Cit v wit hurling game.Michael Sullivan had a hamstring couldnt start .They couldnt use him at all.And he still has it.
    There is huge scoring in kerry .A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Great to see the footballers getting a win,also the hurlers won as well,surely be favourites for the Christy Ring Cup this year.

Yeah, the hurlers have done well. Both Carlow and Kerry have the top 2 places sewn up. It's not mathematically possible for them to be caught. Kerry v Carlow this weekend will just be a bit of shadow boxing. I'd imagine Limerick will be the venue for the 2A final. Some achievement for Kerry to make the final ahead of 2 McCarthy Cup teams.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement