Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheBomber14

Just been told its the hurlers hes making a return to the inter county scene with not the footballer..makes sense when you think about it actually..hurlers are crying out for small nippy guys to play corner/wingforward positions. will make a huge difference to them imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Bring back William Kirby I say! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just been told its the hurlers hes making a return to the inter county scene with not the footballer..makes sense when you think about it actually..hurlers are crying out for small nippy guys to play corner/wingforward positions. will make a huge difference to them imo

Seamus Scanlon dual star,who would have thought it :D

Take a step back from the keyboard there.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Bring back William Kirby I say! :pac:

Donal Daly and Ambrose FTW :)

Donal Daly and Ambrose FTW :)
    Pa Laide back at no.10 too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

D'Agger wrote: »
    Pa Laide back at no.10 too

Best man to deliver a shoulder I ever saw ... like being hit by a car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Seamus Scanlon as a small nippy guy?:pac:

lads we are crying out for a guy like seamus on the hurling set -up, small fast nippy corner forward, theyre like goldu dust thhese days... a mike frank of hurling if you would, actually now that i think of it, mike frank deffo deserves a call up to the senior football panel,, with gooch gone for the year we need someone who is actually able to make a few passes around the half forward line and not just run around the place like a headless chicken like that donnacha walsh ( the worst footballer ever to don the green and gold imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

lads we are crying out for a guy like seamus on the hurling set -up, small fast nippy corner forward, theyre like goldu dust thhese days... a mike frank of hurling if you would, actually now that i think of it, mike frank deffo deserves a call up to the senior football panel,, with gooch gone for the year we need someone who is actually able to make a few passes around the half forward line and not just run around the place like a headless chicken like that donnacha walsh ( the worst footballer ever to don the green and gold imo)

Donnchadh Walsh is superb IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

You'd never guess the schools were off.....

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Donnchadh Walsh is superb IMO.

are you on drugs?? he literally cant kick the ball straight and rarely kicks it at all, if these are the type of forwards that we are reduced to playing then feck it i may aswell throw away my gaa season ticket now cause I for one wont be going to any games where donncha walsh or the likes will be playing. Hes a forward that dosnt score, kick the ball, feck that thats tyrone style puke football, we are the kingdom, the home of football, not good enough to have a player like this on the panel never mind the team. CIARRAI ABU

are you on drugs?? he literally cant kick the ball straight and rarely kicks it at all, if these are the type of forwards that we are reduced to playing then feck it i may aswell throw away my gaa season ticket now cause I for one wont be going to any games where donncha walsh or the likes will be playing. Hes a forward that dosnt score, kick the ball, feck that thats tyrone style puke football, we are the kingdom, the home of football, not good enough to have a player like this on the panel never mind the team. CIARRAI ABU

Hmm.

Hmm.

on a serious note, we need mike frank back asap.. I know hes old but the youngsters arent nowhere near good enough coming through imo... id say hes 29 max anyway so he still has another few years left in the tank ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

I don't like Donnchadh Walsh either for the same reasons. He's praised for his work ethic and commitment and fair enough he will give 100% every time and probably covers more ground than any other player on the field, but he's simply not a forward! I guess he might not be a bad option in the half back line

We're sorted this year lads

I mean, once we get Scanlon back at midfield, Mike Frank back on the 40 belting them over, no more work ethic or link play from our half forward line and kicking it long at all times, nobody'll be able to stop us.

Dublin are fúcked now - we've cracked it!

Archer3083 wrote: »
    I don't like Donnchadh Walsh either for the same reasons. He's praised for his work ethic and commitment and fair enough he will give 100% every time and probably covers more ground than any other player on the field, but he's simply not a forward! I guess he might not be a bad option in the half back line

I don't think I've ever praised him for commitment or work ethic personally.

It's his sheer class as a link man that I'm into.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Seamus Scanlon is coming back into the fold, i rang my buddy and he told me the rumours are true. He is only 27/28 anyway dont know why he isint on the panel full - time.
    Hope he confirms it on his twitter page now.
    on a serious note, we need mike frank back asap.. I know hes old but the youngsters arent nowhere near good enough coming through imo... id say hes 29 max anyway so he still has another few years left in the tank ;)

Jaysus this regeneration and time travelling programme that Kerry are investing in is really paying dividends :D

PS Mike Frank is 37 and Seamus Scanlon is 33!

I don't think I've ever praised him for commitment or work ethic personally.

It's his sheer class as a link man that I'm into.

lads look were all kerry men here. The fact of the matter is we are a footballing county with tradition , that tradition has brought us success, but great players too along the way, im talking about the o ses, maurice fitz, gooch, seamus scanlon, mike frank,,,,,,

But seriously donnacha walsh?... hes not a kerry type footballer and never will be imo..

maybe try him wing back or something to get him out of the way ,.

lads look were all kerry men here. The fact of the matter is we are a footballing county with tradition , that tradition has brought us success, but great players too along the way, im talking about the o ses, maurice fitz, gooch, seamus scanlon, mike frank,,,,,,

But seriously donnacha walsh?... hes not a kerry type footballer and never will be imo..

Seriously, Donnchadh Walsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

This thread.........

Between the hurling and Scanlan making a return at both codes, it's very entertaining.

Surely Maurice would be a handy full back a la Brian Lohan.

• Advertisement

Seriously, Donnchadh Walsh.

hes past it,,, a poor mans paul galvin ...on a good day!

tekkers

giphy.gif

jesus christ, your trying to justify donncha walsh is a decent player now by searching the whole internet for clips of him scoring tap ins!!.. point proven, that goal was created by the genius of others sure, he was one on one with the keeper with 5 yards between him and the goal, my grandmother would of scored that goal and shes dead with3 years, christ almighty!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Donnacadh Walsh is past it at 29 but you are all for bringing back a 33 and a 39 year old :confused: Is it not a bit early in the day to be drinking?

jesus christ, your trying to justify donncha walsh is a decent player now by searching the whole internet for clips of him scoring tap ins!!.. point proven, that goal was created by the genius of others sure, he was one on one with the keeper with 5 yards between him and the goal, my grandmother would of scored that goal and shes dead with3 years, christ almighty!

That's my favourite goal of all time. Walsh's run is genius. The finish is sublime.

Well it was scored in 2008 so technically you're okay to say she'd have scored it at the time.

Now, if you're saying she could score from 5 yards out now then you'd be in the danger zone so you would

if ye think walsh is up there with the likes of moynihan, scanlon,gooch, fitzgerald, then ye wud want to go away and have yer heads tested

KINGDOM ABU

• Advertisement

Amazing what happens when we get a bit of fine weather,brings out the funny side in people,

Stay out of that sun Bomber :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement