Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Donncha walsh is simply not upto it imo, hes a better hurler anyway, seen him loadsa times playing the game and im led to believe that brendan cummins has contacted him about joining up with the hurlers , they could use someone with his stick work around the middle of the pitch imo

Who does he play hurling with? Kenmare isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Kerry Minor Team v Clare

1 Shane Ryan (Rathmore)
    2 Jack Morgan (Austin Stacks)
    3 Brian Begley (An Ghaeltacht)
    4 Tom O’Sullivan (Dingle)
    5 Jason Foley (Ballydonoghue)
    6 Andrew Barry (Na Gaeil)
    7 Brian Sugrue (Renard)
    8 Barry O’Sullivan (Dingle)
    9 Mark O’Connor (Dingle)
    10 Matthew Flaherty (Dingle)
    11 Brian Rayle (Lispole)
    12 Micheál Burns (Dr Crokes)
    13 Jordan Kiely (Dr Crokes)
    14 Killian Spillane (Templenoe)
    15 Cathal Bambury (Dingle)

Fir Ionaid
    16 Eoin O’Connell (St Senans)
    17 Liam Kearney (Spa)
    18 Stephen O Sullivan (Templenoe)
    19 Cormac Coffey (Kerins O'Rahillys)
    20 Shane Cronin (Spa)
    21 Dan O Donoghue (Spa)
    22 Ivan Parker (Churchill)
    23 David Roche (Milltown C'maine)
    24 Tomas Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)

What are people's thoughts on the minor team this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheBomber14

he has scored 2-07 in 17 championship games for kerry. Is that good enough?

Kerry Minor Team v Clare

1 Shane Ryan (Rathmore)
    7 Brian Sugrue (Renard)
    9 Mark O’Connor (Dingle)
    11 Brian Rayle (Lispole)

Fir Ionaid
    17 Liam Kearney (Spa)
    20 Shane Cronin (Spa)
    21 Dan O Donoghue (Spa)

Struggle to get out of munster defo

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

if ye think walsh is up there with the likes of moynihan, scanlon,gooch, fitzgerald, then ye wud want to go away and have yer heads tested

As good as Seamus Scanlon was, he was a long way behind the other 3 players you mentioned. Nobody is claiming Walsh is as good as Seamus Moyinhan, the Gooch or Maurice Fitz. Stop reading stuff that isnt there....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Kerry Minor Team v Clare

1 Shane Ryan (Rathmore)
    7 Brian Sugrue (Renard)
    9 Mark O’Connor (Dingle)
    11 Brian Rayle (Lispole)

Fir Ionaid
    17 Liam Kearney (Spa)
    20 Shane Cronin (Spa)
    21 Dan O Donoghue (Spa)

Easy to see that politics within kerry gaa circles is alive and rife, just looking at this team selection! 5 guys from dingle starting, management team have obviously left their tinted sunglasses on anyway when they sat down to pick this team, disgraceful behaviour and im ashamed to call myself a kerry man if this kind of behaviour is still going on throughout the county. CIARRAI ABU

Every thread needs a troll I think we have found one :D

this is a public forum kerrydude im entitled to my opinions surley?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

this is a public forum kerrydude im entitled to my opinions surley?

Very quick to assume you were the troll there weren't you? Have a bit more self-confidence bomber.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Very quick to assume you were the troll there weren't you? Have a bit more self-confidence bomber.

surley to god a man can voice his opinion a PUBLIC forum without being lambasted by his fellow county men. Were all in this together lads, i admit some of my views are radical to say the least but i have the best intentions of kerry gaa firmly close to my heart. KINGDOM ABU

• Advertisement

surley to god a man can voice his opinion a PUBLIC forum without being lambasted by his fellow county men. Were all in this together lads, i admit some of my views are radical to say the least but i have the best intentions of kerry gaa firmly close to my heart. KINGDOM ABU

Well that's the beauty of PUBLIC fora isn't it? Everyone is entitled to opinions, but people who hold ones which are idiotic are exposing them to the world to be critiqued as such. Not saying that applies to you, I personally think the idea of the small, nippy Seamus Scanlon as a wing forward for the hurlers is the sign of a rare intellect.

Also appreciate your concern as to whether I have a drug addiction, it's nice for people to take an interest.

Well that's the beauty of PUBLIC fora isn't it? Everyone is entitled to opinions, but people who hold ones which are idiotic are exposing them to the world to be critiqued as such. Not saying that applies to you, I personally think the idea of the small, nippy Seamus Scanlon as a wing forward for the hurlers is the sign of a rare intellect.

Also appreciate your concern as to whether I have a drug addiction, it's nice for people to take an interest.

appreaciate the kind words man, thanks! Defo agree with you re Scanlon and the hurlers, himself and donnacha walsh in the same half forward line would be a lethal combination.

As regards the minor team dont see them being upto much this year, hope im wrong but too many west kerry heads on that team for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

If you think im going to back down and lick ur ass just cause your a mod , think again!. this is a public forum and im free to say what i want , its not a dictatorship!! Donncha walsh is simply not upto it imo, hes a better hurler anyway, seen him loadsa times playing the game and im led to believe that brendan cummins has contacted him about joining up with the hurlers , they could use someone with his stick work around the middle of the pitch imo

Why would Brendan Cummins be contacting anyone about joining the hurlers? Is he a goalkeeper, because Brendans entire role with Kerry amounts to part time goalkeeping coach, Eamon Kelly is the manager and Brian Horgan hte trainer.

appreaciate the kind words man, thanks! Defo agree with you re Scanlon and the hurlers, himself and donnacha walsh in the same half forward line would be a lethal combination.

As regards the minor team dont see them being upto much this year, hope im wrong but too many west kerry heads on that team for my liking.

I actually think people from West Kerry should be banned from playing. Except Dingle's Scanlon obviously.

Why would Brendan Cummins be contacting anyone about joining the hurlers? Is he a goalkeeper, because Brendans entire role with Kerry amounts to part time goalkeeping coach, Eamon Kelly is the manager and Brian Horgan hte trainer.

Cummins doubles up his role as goalkeeping coach with human relations duties from time to time

I actually think people from West Kerry should be banned from playing. Except Dingle's Scanlon obviously.

Bit drastic, ur lucky theres not many on here from west kerry, theyd be irate.

Back boned by All Ireland Champions no harm in that surely??

Past few years the team was back boned by The Sem players,it all depends who is on top in the schools game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Cummins doubles up his role as goalkeeping coach with human relations duties from time to time

No he does not, I know the manager personally and that is complete lies.

Lads, seriously. Come on.

Back boned by All Ireland Champions no harm in that surely??

Past few years the team was back boned by The Sem players,it all depends who is on top in the schools game.

Schools success should have no bearing on an inter county minor panel imo. Schools football predominantly played in the winter, = slow ball, playing in ****.. shuits big strong players.... inter co minor= fast ball, faster pitches, should be more skillful guys on the team

• Advertisement

No he does not, I know the manager personally and that is complete lies.

are you good friends with eamonn fitzmaurice so ?. obviously not that close if you dont know that

3 points a piece in the minor, 18 mins played

5- 3 to kerry now

7-3 after 28min

half time 8-3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

that sounded like a fairly deacent kerry team , the expectation in the county was that we would run ye close tonight but it sounded like anything but that,

the reason for the optimism was based on the fact many of these lads had good senior club championship campaines last autumn/ winter and had no problem making the step up, also the impact of two or 3 players of last years minor team to the clare inter county team this year made all the difference when getting promoted

i would hope we lost to a very good kerry side tonight rather then to find this group of players we have are not as good as first taught , i am sure the tipperary game will be a better indicator for ye in a few weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

that sounded like a fairly deacent kerry team , the expectation in the county was that we would run ye close tonight but it sounded like anything but that,

the reason for the optimism was based on the fact many of these lads had good senior club championship campaines last autumn/ winter and had no problem making the step up, also the impact of two or 3 players of last years minor team to the clare inter county team this year made all the difference when getting promoted

i would hope we lost to a very good kerry side tonight rather then to find this group of players we have are not as good as first taught , i am sure the tipperary game will be a better indicator for ye in a few weeks time

Would be regarded as a pretty decent minor team here in Kerry - fair few PCD players in there who would probably still be a high after winning the Hogan Cup. Michael Burns was a sub on the Crokes team and Spillane at full-forward is Tom's son so he didnt exactly lick it off the stones.

QF 1 Waterford Tipperary 16/4
    QF 2 Kerry Clare 16/4
    QF 3 Cork Limerick 16/4
    Play-Off 1 4 Loser of 2 Loser of 3 23/4
    Play-Off 2 5 Loser of 1 Winner of 4 30/4
    SF 6 Winner of 1 Winner of 2 14/5
    SF 7 Winner of 3 Winner of 5 14/5
    Final 6/7

Sounds like Limerick aren't up to much after the result in the Cork game [Cork 6-15 Limerick 1-7]

Tipp 2-11 Waterford 2-8 - wonder how strong Tipp are if they are only beating Waterford by 3

Clare v Limerick play this night week then winner of Clare/Limerick v Waterford => winner plays Cork in one semi with the other semi Tipp v Kerry

Did I hear right before the game that Clare played in a Leinster League during the winter? How did they fare out in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Easy to see that politics within kerry gaa circles is alive and rife, just looking at this team selection! 5 guys from dingle starting, management team have obviously left their tinted sunglasses on anyway when they sat down to pick this team, disgraceful behaviour and im ashamed to call myself a kerry man if this kind of behaviour is still going on throughout the county. CIARRAI ABU

Which of these 5 players shouldn't be starting? Please inform me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Well done to the Minor team. When is the Tipp game?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement