Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    I think the front page of the examiner is pretty good backup!

Well like most of the posters here I am not psychic, if you have a link please provide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭helpisontheway

Fairplay to Jack for having the guts to do it!
    Its been widely known in Kerry that several players have gone off the rails this year and Cooper has been rumoured to be one of the worst.I must say i didnt expect Tomas O Se to be one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I had a big piece written on this, but decided just to let it go.
    Serious problems in Kerry, and Jack cannot be blamed for all of them.
    Lets hope, this is the end of it and we get back to football.

Ciarraí Abú

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

A somewhat contradictory report here -> http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaa-championships/gaelic-football/oconnor-to-wield-the-axe-1838318.html
    Kerry County Board chairman, Jerome Conway, last night flatly denied that O Se and Cooper were being left off the team because of a disciplinary issue. There has been intense speculation in Kerry that this may be the reason for a potential demotion to the bench.

"There is no disciplinary issue in the Kerry squad. Everyone trained tonight and the team isn't being finalised until Sunday because of injury," he said.

He pointed out that team selection was a matter for the management and that changes had been made from game to game all season. "Because the team isn't playing to their best form, people tend to imagine things aren't well in the camp."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

I have been trying to watch highlights on rte.ie media player but it says I need a plugin?What do I do to get it working???:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

Fairplay to Jack for having the guts to do it!
    Its been widely known in Kerry that several players have gone off the rails this year and Cooper has been rumoured to be one of the worst.I must say i didnt expect Tomas O Se to be one though.

Dogs on the street know what's going on. Biggest crisis in Kerry football in many decades. Bring Brian Cody on board- he know's how to handle success!!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Dogs on the street know what's going on. Biggest crisis in Kerry football in many decades. Bring Brian Cody on board- he know's how to handle success!!

Cody?????
    Why would he leave a Hurling team to join a football team of another county??
    That has to be the worst advice Kerry GAA could ever take, No the likes of Paudi needs to come back of some military type to instill a sense of command and control if things gone that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Heard at 2 o clock today dat jack wz after quitting.All the stories comin fromthe kerry camp are not healthy.Theres no smoke without fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Anthony16 wrote: »
    Heard at 2 o clock today dat jack wz after quitting.All the stories comin fromthe kerry camp are not healthy.Theres no smoke without fire

I heard the same rumour and I can assure you this is not true. The Kerry GAA board got spammed with rumours and had to shutdown shop temporarily and it seems some people have an axe to grind with this Kerry team and are putting in the boot now when things are not going right. Kerry are not gone until the final whistle goes and the phoenix is beginning to rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lol. one defeat in 11 games, current national league champions, STILL in the championship and 70 minutes away from hitting form. not to mention 5 finals in a row and a team that has 13 lads on the starting 15 who have won more than 3 all irelands each. remember 2006?

one little of advice, dont believe everything you hear. as to how gulable people are in believing things, ill never know. i could start a rumour know on here and on other forums and i guarantee that i would receive it on a text message within 2 or 3 hours.

i still think we will be there or there abouts for the final. if kerry do win it, it will be the sweetest one ever. Jacko is no fool, one of the smartest men about. people are blowing shi* about the book and all this, but has anybody actually read it? Paul Galvin and Thomas had the 2 biggest let downs apparantly, yet they were the 2 men who dragged us through last Saturday evening in The Park. lost control of the dressing room?

i have a mate on the panel and i was speaking to him last week. the panel are relaxed, are kicking into gear and they expect to hit form asap. today is a big challenge and if we win by 1 pint, i will be happy. results matter in this game, not the moral victories. Want proof? ask the sligo team who instead of returning to training on Tuesday and Wednesday night, were at home watching Eastenders and Emmerdale and Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

To be fair, i think she means look at Kilkenny, thay have the same reputation in Hurling as Kerry have in football, but all this time there has been no "blip" by the Kilkenny team, they just go about their business they way it should be done, no rumours flying about, no statements looking for supporters to come to games, they should just keep their cool in the kerry camp, and do what their meant to do...play football!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

As the commentator said: Kerry have 'stumbled' across the line (again) today against Antrim. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

As the commentator said: Kerry have 'stumbled' across the line (again) today against Antrim. :eek:

It will all come down to who they draw in the next round. A true test of their metal would be Tyrone. Get through that, or take the Red Hand the distance, and then then normal service will be resumed.

I am not writing Kerry off on pedigree, however, they have got to be wary of waiting for a Tyrone style revival ala 2008. Remember, Tyrone stumbled to a Quarter Final in 2007, only to get beaten by a fairly ordinary Meath team. It is wishful (even if plausable) that Kerry will turn these fumbling games around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Paul o Connor did well when he came on (bar his first possession), i think hes worth a shot at no. 15 the next day, Bring back the old style full forward line of old, low ball in to the corner forwards, play to their strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

We need to seriously up our game against Dublin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Well, if we can't raise it next weekend, we never will.

Looking forward to it already. I don't care what anyone says, the four provincial winners wanted to avoid us. A huge game for both camps. Summer has arrived.

Who did enough today to deserve a starting place against Dublin next week?
    Will Cooper and T O Se be considered to start again or were the Antrim supporters right in saying the only reason they were disciplined today was because they were playing Antrim?
    Any update on Donaghys progress or lack of?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

were the Antrim supporters right in saying the only reason they were disciplined today was because they were playing Antrim?

I don't understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

keane2097 wrote: »
    I don't understand?

ie that it didnt matter and we should have been good enough without them to beat antrim, probably trying to imply that kerry are arrogant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Absolutely brilliant draw, I was hopping about the place when I heard. Thank God we didn't get Cork or Tyrone. Mayo are also going well, so it's too early to meet them.

Dublin well they are LEINSTER champions :pac::pac::pac:- who have they beaten who - Westmeath & Kildare) Big swing.
    They haven't beaten us in Croker for decades.
    They media will have them built up no end come the weekend.
    They wet themselves against big teams (even including Mayo) in Croker.
    They know they had their chance against us two years ago and they messed up.
    They were in the same position against Tyrone last year (Tyrone weren't playing well yet they steamrolled the 'Leinster champions'
    They have spent the last week swanning around Carton House at training camps, whilst Kerry were slumming it against Longford, Sligo & Antrim - they won't be ready for the white heat of battle

Also, we avoided getting Tyrone or Cork in the semi-finals. I tell you boys the luck is with us. As Paidi often said "I'd rather be lucky than good". The team is building slowly but nicely and the last 15 minutes today they showed me a light of hope.

Think of Tomas O'Se in the wide open spaces of Croker - he'll be hopping to be ready for next weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Chefdf

manster wrote: »

Dublin well they are LEINSTER champions :pac::pac::pac:- who have they beaten who - Westmeath & Kildare) Big swing.

Em realistically who have we beaten? Longford sligo and antrim.

Iv seen dublin play a few times this this year and lets just say unless we improve dramatically we will have the s*** kicked out of us.
    But then again it is dublin playing a big team etc...........Here's to hoping they bottle it again.

My point is that we have nothing to be afraid of. Dublin although Leinster champs have played poor teams (through no fault of their own). Kerry have been struggling but more importantly are winning - who cares if its ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Dublin will at last get their revenge on Kerry, for the simple reason that they have improved beyond anything we have seen of them in the last 5 years. They are good for 70 minutes instead of 35. They have a mean bench, and they are playing as a team with purpose.
    Kerry are struggling across the board so far, and although Croke park will bring out the best in them, that wont be gud enough this time.

delighted we won today. weve had 3 tough games and have come through, making slight improvements as we went on.

Murphy again superb today as was Mike Mac and Paul with great displays for Killian (2nd half) Tadhg (1st half), Scanlon and Darragh (we cleaned them at midfield) with Tommy Walsh also getting vital scores.

we need to move from 3rd gear now to 4th and then 5th for next game, but if the Arnotts logo doesnt raise them, nothing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

God, this championship is getting exciting now!
    In Tullamore yesterday and was really impressed with the stadium.
    Mike Mac was immense!!!

My first 15 V Dublin - Any takers for No.7?
    Paul O'Connor mainly on for free taking duties though I heard he's going very well in training.

1. Declan
    2. Marc
    3. Tommy
    4. Tom Sull
    5. Tomas
    6. Mike Mac
    7. Reidy/Young
    8. Seamus (to be replaced by Quirke after 50 minutes)
    9. Darragh
    10. Paul
    11. Declan
    12. Tadgh
    13. Paul O'Connor
    14. Tommy
    15. Gooch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

sam34 wrote: »
    ie that it didnt matter and we should have been good enough without them to beat antrim, probably trying to imply that kerry are arrogant

Dont think they implied any arrogance, they were realistic..

The fact is Kerry are Kerry and respected far and wide. Antrim in all fairness to them would not hold a candle to any of the top 4 or 5 teams. Who did Antrim beat? Donegal who would not kick the ball, Cavan probably the worst Cavan team in history and they were well beaten by Tyrone who never got out of 3rd gear. Kerry played for 15 minutes and won by 5 points. Antrim gave it their all and they will be slightly better again next year. I Hope

Kerry in my book were second favourites for All-Ireland before a ball was kicked and that has not changed. Longford were never going to beat Kerry either were Antrim. Sligo are a decent side so if you leave out the replay with Cork Jack O'Connor will be happy enough. Dublin are a better side than any Dublin team of the last 3 years but Kerry are coming good when it counts.
    Kerry by 4

kerry very rearly line up from 2-7 in the positions they are picked. i think the next day that we will see alot of positional changes.

Marc O Shea to pick up Alan Brogan.
    Tom Sullivan to pick up Bernard Brogan.
    We may even see Padraig Reidy on to pick up Sherlock as he has done well on him before.

also, looks like Kerrys plan B now is all out attack from the half back line, led to 1-6 the last day in the 2nd half. one thing is for sure, Bernard Brogan wont have the game he had againast Kildare and I expect us to subdue him the next day.

• Advertisement

manster wrote: »
    My first 15 V Dublin - Any takers for No.7?
    Paul O'Connor mainly on for free taking duties though I heard he's going very well in training.

1. Declan
    2. Marc
    3. Tommy
    4. Tom Sull
    5. Tomas
    6. Mike Mac
    7. Reidy/Young
    8. Seamus (to be replaced by Quirke after 50 minutes)
    9. Darragh
    10. Paul
    11. Declan
    12. Tadgh
    13. Paul O'Connor
    14. Tommy
    15. Gooch

Nice team.Id make two changes,i would change Tadgh to Midfield instead of Scanlon with Moran to the half forward line and Darren O Sullivan to replace Gooch as even though he played ok when he came on the last the bulk of his scores were still from frees which Paul O Connor will slot over.He may be better coming off the bench,ha ha!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement