Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Shannon Rangers have hammered South Kerry!

biggest shock in years in the championship?

Paul Kennelly was sensational, id say Eamon Fitz will be having a word with him on the way out this evening.

Culhane and Enright were excellent too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Shannon Rangers have hammered South Kerry!

biggest shock in years in the championship?

Paul Kennelly was sensational, id say Eamon Fitz will be having a word with him on the way out this evening.

Culhane and Enright were excellent too

Just dipped in and out of Radio Kerry's online stream to hear what was going on- couldnt believe what I was hearing.
    Even when 6 points up with 10 to go- I still fancied SK to come back.

Great result for Shannon Rangers and leaves this years championship wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Can you imagine the state of Wheeshie if Legion won the county final.

Leading Dingle by 2 at half time by the way

Dingle beat Legion by a point 2-9 to 2-8, with an injury time goal.

so thats Dingle and Shannon Rangers through to the semi.

Dingle beat Legion by a point 2-9 to 2-8, with an injury time goal.

so thats Dingle and Shannon Rangers through to the semi.

This season is proving to be a bit bonkers.
    We seem to be moving ever closer to doomsday- stacks winning the championship

• Advertisement

This season is proving to be a bit bonkers.
    We seem to be moving ever closer to doomsday- stacks winning the championship

well in terms of club rankings off county league form, its

1 - Stacks.
    2 - Dingle.
    3 - Laune Rangers.

its hard to gauge how Shannon Rangers are compared to them, but Beale and Ballydonoghue could be promoted to Divisions 3 and 4 respectively with Tarbert solid in Division 2 so a mixture of those 3 teams alone gives a strong team, with a few ballyduff and ballylongford lads thrown in, though both those clubs look like they will be relegated to 5.

i guess we will know more about West Kerry and Mid Kerry by this time tomorrow and how the rankings go. would Shannon Rangers be favourites in a game against Dingle?

Dingle and Laune Rangers have had poor years to date, with Rangers in Div 2. some strange goings on in that county league, alot of the teams that made up Division one a few years ago like An Gaeltacht, Dromid, Ardfert are in Division 3 with other former top senior clubs struggling in Division 2.

well in terms of club rankings off county league form, its

1 - Stacks.
    2 - Dingle.
    3 - Laune Rangers.

its hard to gauge how Shannon Rangers are compared to them, but Beale and Ballydonoghue could be promoted to Divisions 3 and 4 respectively with Tarbert solid in Division 2 so a mixture of those 3 teams alone gives a strong team, with a few ballyduff and ballylongford lads thrown in, though both those clubs look like they will be relegated to 5.

i guess we will know more about West Kerry and Mid Kerry by this time tomorrow and how the rankings go. would Shannon Rangers be favourites in a game against Dingle?

Dingle and Laune Rangers have had poor years to date, with Rangers in Div 2. some strange goings on in that county league, alot of the teams that made up Division one a few years ago like An Gaeltacht, Dromid, Ardfert are in Division 3 with other former top senior clubs struggling in Division 2.

It's hard to gauge alright- Laune Rangers are always a good championship team but I'd fancy Mid Kerry to get the better of them with Stacks beating WK.

That would leave a final 4 of SR,Stacks, Dingle & MK.
    Stacks and MK would be the 2 strongest there imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Well I'm certainly enjoying this Saturday so far anyway..

Munster beating Leinster in Dublin is nice, but Shannon Rangers beating South Kerry and reaching the semis for the first time in 31 years is just unreal.

As mentioned, Paul Kennelly was marvellous. 1-9, 1-4 of it from play. Great shooting. Shane Enright saw off a succession of forwards and was inspirational, as was David Culhane at wing back. Mikey Boyle caused havoc on the edge of the square. Unfair to pick anybody out though as it was just a massive team performance. South Kerry were poor, but were outworked and outmuscled aswell.
    Declan wasn't seen at all today..sadly fear we may have seen the last of him.

BTW, Dingle beat Legion in 2nd game today..a last minute goal for a 1 point win. Absolutely awful game littered with errors and fouling.

but Shannon Rangers beating South Kerry and reaching the semis for the first time in 31 years is just unreal.

south kerry were our bogey team underage, they beat us in 2 u-16 finals, minor semi and minor 1/4, 4 years in a row - they were there to be beaten every year, but always finished strong.

delighted for the lads, been talking to a few of them this evening. Shannon Rangers have been dragged throught the s*ite for years and years at Senior level and its about time the potential thats been there over the past 5 or 6 years, has started to come together.

there is alot of pedigree in that team, Wren, King, O Grady and kennelly all played Kerry junior, with the likes of Costello, Boyle, O Shea, Culhane, Mahony also playing either minor or u-21 and im sure im forgetting a few.

thats about 10 of the team with county experience, something that weve not had in a long time.

south kerry were our bogey team underage, they beat us in 2 u-16 finals, minor semi and minor 1/4, 4 years in a row - they were there to be beaten every year, but always finished strong.

delighted for the lads, been talking to a few of them this evening. Shannon Rangers have been dragged throught the s*ite for years and years at Senior level and its about time the potential thats been there over the past 5 or 6 years, has started to come together.

there is alot of pedigree in that team, Wren, King, O Grady and kennelly all played Kerry junior, with the likes of Costello, Boyle, O Shea, Culhane, Mahony also playing either minor or u-21 and im sure im forgetting a few.

thats about 10 of the team with county experience, something that weve not had in a long time.

I think only 3 of the starting 15 HADN'T been in a Kerry squad at some level from minor up..2 of the subs who came on have played Kerry minor also. That is indicative of the talent that is there and has been there for a while without being harnessed. Hopefully this can be the start of something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I know it's late and all now so take this with a pinch of salt if ye want but if Stacks win the Championship I will literally burn Kerry to the ground.

Ye have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

keane2097 wrote: »
    I know it's late and all now so take this with a pinch of salt if ye want but if Stacks win the Championship I will literally burn Kerry to the ground.

Ye have been warned.
    Gwan the Rockies! ;)

Ye have been warned.

..Stacks win and Naries relegated..might be worth it just to see Keano in meltdown mode. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Ye have been warned.
    into the Doms' with you to beg forgiveness . 2015 with Sam coming back to the town for the first time since 1980 , 3 strand road boys and Donaghy captain. As a Mitchels' man i can't wait.

Good win for Mid Kerry over Laune Rangers. 2-14 to 1-9

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ardfert and Spa in the Intermediate final,Ardfert beat the Desmonds 1-12 to 10pts today.

Spa had a good win over Glenflesk yesterday 4-13 to 13pts

Should be an interesting final.

So its down to 4,

Stacks
    Dingle
    Mid Kerry
    Shannon Rangers

So its down to 4,

Stacks
    Dingle
    Mid Kerry
    Shannon Rangers

Mid Kerry or Stacks- hopefully the former

Would be a good final with Stacks and Mid Kerry.

Amazing to see Shannon Rangers come through.

What's their team like this year?

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Would be a good final with Stacks and Mid Kerry.

Amazing to see Shannon Rangers come through.

What's their team like this year?

Posted last night about it already, but they have 12+ guys who have worn a Kerry jersey of some description, decent management and the players have put in a huge effort.
    Mid Kerry firm favourites. Look strong. Semi final draw tomorrow at noon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Shannon rangers will be tough to beat for anyone, although sk were very poor the last day. It's wide open at this stage

Semi Final draw was made,the games are due to be played next Sunday,venue to be confirmed,double header

Austin Stacks V Dingle

Shannon Rangers V Mid Kerry

Semi Final draw was made,the games are due to be played next Sunday,venue to be confirmed,double header

Austin Stacks V Dingle

Stacks v Mid kerry final so?

did darren sullivan play much part yesterday for midkerry? heard Donnacha was MOM???

Stacks v Mid kerry final so?

did darren sullivan play much part yesterday for midkerry? heard Donnacha was MOM???

Was reading the report in the Examiner,Darren got point and caused a bit of trouble with his pace,Donnacha got play points from play,

A player I would to see getting some league action next year for Kerry is Gavin O Grady who scored 1-4

The goals from the Legion V Dingle game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Going to have to travel down to have a look at the semi-finals I suppose. Down again for the Strand Road game and finally back for the final the week after. Hello petrol bill!

Gavan O'Grady has been outstanding all through this year for Mid Kerry and Kerry Juniors. He would certainly merit a look with Kerry Seniors.

Toughest draw possible for Shannon in semis, but at this stage no game is handy. If Rangers defence performs as well as last Saturday again, they have a chance.

Would have to favour Stacks to beat Dingle who were patchy enough on Saturday.

Being announced after meeting tonight where Semis are on.

Austin Stacks V Dingle

so its the following 4 lads for kerry captain next year...

Donaghy V Paul Geaney
    Enright V Donnacha Walsh

outside players to be involved are O Grady and Kennelly both who were excellent for the Juniors this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Fwank wizzo

so its the following 4 lads for kerry captain next year...

Donaghy V Paul Geaney
    Enright V Donnacha Walsh

outside players to be involved are O Grady and Kennelly both who were excellent for the Juniors this year.
    What age is Donaghy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

What age is Donaghy?

31 as far as I know.

• Advertisement

Venue confirmed for the Semi Finals,the Stacks supporters must be happy,

Should be a good atmosphere at the games

http://traleetoday.ie/austin-stack-park-host-double-header/

Club finals are on the following weekend in Fitzgearld Stadium

Spa V Ardfert in the Intermediate Final at 2pm

Dr Crokes V Legion in the Senior Club Final at 3.45pm