Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Dr Crokes V Legion in the Senior Club Final at 3.45pm

the crokes must be really hoping that Mid Kerry or Shannon rangers win it now, and the draw means that we wont know until after the final what happens as there will be at least 1 div team in it.

cant see them being beaten by legion again.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

Well done Lixnaw on winning the Senior Hurling championship today.

The proverbial game of 2 halves I wonder how many county champions have failed to score for an entire second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Stacks running away with it so far up 1-11 to 3pts

Just half time now,started late due to crowds outside the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Ugh haven't been listening. Totally forgot they were on today.

Had that feeling I was missing something! :P

No surprise there with the Stacks. They really are very well organized and have some really talented footballers.

Dingle not helping themselves leaving one man on Donaghy

• Advertisement

Donaghy Full Forward I presume, after reading that he set up the goal?

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Donaghy Full Forward I presume, after reading that he set up the goal?

Ya,listening to it on the radio,Weeshie cant understand what Dingle are doing leaving him one on one.

Stacks double marking Paul Geaney

Poor Marc O'Conchubhair!

Had a great year with PCD and Kerry Minors, and they leave him to toil away alone on Donaghy.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Poor Marc O'Conchubhair!

Had a great year with PCD and Kerry Minors, and they leave him to toil away alone on Donaghy.

As Weeshie said he will do well to recover from the trauma of the first half

Another goal for Stacks,Donaghy set up by Shane O Callaghan

• Advertisement

As Weeshie said he will do well to recover from the trauma of the first half
    Possible Own Goal for him now, or a Donaghy goal.

Poor guy.

2-12 to 0-06

Penalty for Dingle,Paul Geaney scores

2-12 to 1-9 now,6 minutes to go

All over Stacks win

2-13 to 1-9

Second game sounds brutal

Mid Kerry leading at half time 1-4 to no score

Got to love the commentary,"Mickey Boyle the hurler he will have to get used to the football"

The same man was a Kerry minor footballer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Second game sounds brutal

Mid Kerry leading at half time 1-4 to no score

Got to love the commentary,"Mickey Boyle the hurler he will have to get used to the football"

The same man was a Kerry minor footballer :)

Any update please ?

Full time

Mid Kerry 1-12 Shannon Rangers 0-7

Poor game going by what the lads were saying on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

2 poor games today unfortunately. Dingle were just blown out of it by Stacks. Very young team, 5 minors starting so they will come good.
    Shannon Rangers just froze completely and never got near the intensity of last week. Unfortunate, but good young talent coming through and at last they are taking the Co C/ship seriously again.
    Paul Geaney stretchered off with suspected broken ribs..was in a bad way, hopefully he's ok.

Keano...doomsday is upon us!

2 poor games today unfortunately. Dingle were just blown out of it by Stacks. Very young team, 5 minors starting so they will come good.
    Shannon Rangers just froze completely and never got near the intensity of last week. Unfortunate, but good young talent coming through and at last they are taking the Co C/ship seriously again.
    Paul Geaney stretchered off with suspected broken ribs..was in a bad way, hopefully he's ok.

That Billy Joel song springs to mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

That Billy Joel song springs to mind :)

I'm walking up the road singing
    " Star started the fire "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 The Whisperer

So many permutatations goin on in my head as to what kerry should do to counter act donegal. One that i cant help but think would be beneficial to kerry would be : Go extra defensive, let donegal attack kerry and see what they have, drop no10 and 12 in between the half back line and full back line and then counter like **** up the pitch at lighening speed. They wont be expecting it thats for sure, and would nearly suit the likes of donncha walsh and mike geaney. Also if you examine donegals game plan it is based around letting the opposition have the ball and counting on turnovers and then counter themselves, if we always have the sweepers in place we basically can never be counter attacked. It would free up space for JOD etc also. Just a suggestion what do ye reckon>? (I realise its not a kerry esque way of playing the game )

How good am i

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The nightmare is upon us as Brolly would say.

Dingle put in the most tactically inept display I have seen maybe ever, but to be fair the Rock were fairly good.

The second game was lolbad but Mid-Kerry do have a bit of cutting in them tbf. It will be a closely contested final I think.

It will be important for Mid Kerry to win midfield as the compulsion from the Rock to bring Donaghy out to midfield (where he is literally worse than useless, even at club level) appears impossible for Stack & Co to resist. Once Donaghy is out of the inside line the forwards, while knacky enough, look pretty much one hard slap from ****ting themselves and heading out the gate.

I don't see any prices yet but I will be putting actual cash money on Mid Kerry if they are odds against as I expect.

Donnchadh lifting Sam in 2015 will round off a wonderful 12 months. All that's left now is to decide whether I'd prefer Stacks to get another 15 point demolition in a county final, or whether I'd like to see them inflicted with the last minute penalty horror Mid Kerry gave us that time.

Hon Mid Kerry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 The Whisperer

keane2097 wrote: »
    The nightmare is upon us as Brolly would say.

Dingle put in the most tactically inept display I have seen maybe ever, but to be fair the Rock were fairly good.

The second game was lolbad but Mid-Kerry do have a bit of cutting in them tbf. It will be a closely contested final I think.

It will be important for Mid Kerry to win midfield as the compulsion from the Rock to bring Donaghy out to midfield (where he is literally worse than useless, even at club level) appears impossible for Stack & Co to resist. Once Donaghy is out of the inside line the forwards, while knacky enough, look pretty much one hard slap from ****ting themselves and heading out the gate.

I don't see any prices yet but I will be putting actual cash money on Mid Kerry if they are odds against as I expect.

Donnchadh lifting Sam in 2015 will round off a wonderful 12 months. All that's left now is to decide whether I'd prefer Stacks to get another 15 point demolition in a county final, or whether I'd like to see them inflicted with the last minute penalty horror Mid Kerry gave us that time.

Hon Mid Kerry

I dont think Dingle were tactically inept whatsoever in sense , shape or form. were you even at the game??? STACKS simply waaaay too good for the dingle boys, they were definitley better than dingle in 12 of the 15 outfield positions, and I can see them whitewashing mid kerry ( or whaever theryre calling themselves these times).

I cant see anyone stopping stacks in muster never mind mid kerry.

A great 12 months for donncha walsh?? hahaha he hasnt kicked a ball for kerry all year, handpassed the ball all around the pitch is all hes good for. WAYNE GUTHRIE will absolutley make bits of walsh mark my words, Guthrie has been flying it all year and has been a revelation all year, in my eyes the player of the championship so far, initially he was lucky to get into the team due to shane crowleys bad groin injury but it looks like hes back to his minor days now.
    Trust me DOnncha Walsh wont be doing any dancing on a truck anytime soon after the county final.

ANother man for the county panel next year and could potentially be captain if star retires is ferghal mcnamara, seen this guy since his under 8s and even back then you could see he would stick to his marker like glue. I think he will man mark darran o sullivan and no doubt he will take him to the cleaners.

I think Stacks are 4/1 for Munster..easy money I'd say. Rockies ABU #fcukthehaters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

I dont think Dingle were tactically inept whatsoever in sense , shape or form. were you even at the game??? STACKS simply waaaay too good for the dingle boys, they were definitley better than dingle in 12 of the 15 outfield positions, and I can see them whitewashing mid kerry ( or whaever theryre calling themselves these times).

I cant see anyone stopping stacks in muster never mind mid kerry.

A great 12 months for donncha walsh?? hahaha he hasnt kicked a ball for kerry all year, handpassed the ball all around the pitch is all hes good for. WAYNE GUTHRIE will absolutley make bits of walsh mark my words, Guthrie has been flying it all year and has been a revelation all year, in my eyes the player of the championship so far, initially he was lucky to get into the team due to shane crowleys bad groin injury but it looks like hes back to his minor days now.
    Trust me DOnncha Walsh wont be doing any dancing on a truck anytime soon after the county final.

ANother man for the county panel next year and could potentially be captain if star retires is ferghal mcnamara, seen this guy since his under 8s and even back then you could see he would stick to his marker like glue. I think he will man mark darran o sullivan and no doubt he will take him to the cleaners.

I think Stacks are 4/1 for Munster..easy money I'd say. Rockies ABU #fcukthehaters

Just to make 1 point before I put you on the ignore list...Dingle put a 17 year old on Kieran Donaghy, that in itself was fairly naive.

Just to make 1 point before I put you on the ignore list...Dingle put a 17 year old on Kieran Donaghy, that in itself was fairly naive.

And left him one on one,that was pure madness in all fairness

I dont think the Stacks will be too cocky about the final,that Mid Kerry team has enough firepower to give them a right game of it.

I would like to see Stacks win because of William Kirby,he has been a great servant for both club and county throughout his career.

On a related note, lol at the County Board for their shambles of a ticket set up yesterday. Every last aspect of it seemed to be set up to be as dumb as possible. Laughably, bafflingly bad attempt.

Also, the second game ended up being delayed by more than the first game was - WTF was that about? The shambles around the anthem and the minutes silence was embarrassing to the point that it literally sucked every last sliver of atmosphere out of the stadium.

keane2097 wrote: »
    On a related note, lol at the County Board for their shambles of a ticket set up yesterday. Every last aspect of it seemed to be set up to be as dumb as possible. Laughably, bafflingly bad attempt.

Also, the second game ended up being delayed by more than the first game was - WTF was that about? The shambles around the anthem and the minutes silence was embarrassing to the point that it literally sucked every last sliver of atmosphere out of the stadium.

I heard one of the county board officers on Radio Kerry this morning talking about it,I wasnt at the games yesterday but have been to matches in Tralee during the year,they were even having problems with the hurling games that was early on in the championship,a couple of games had delayed starts due to this problem with the ticket van.

The one problem I can see with the system that is in place is that they arent using enough of the turnstiles,everyone is going in to the ground at the same entrance,thats bound to cause problems,there is plenty of turnstiles there to meet the demand been left closed at the Horans End and the Mitchels end

They operated in the past so why not open them again for the big games?

I heard one of the county board officers on Radio Kerry this morning talking about it,I wasnt at the games yesterday but have been to matches in Tralee during the year,they were even having problems with the hurling games that was early on in the championship,a couple of games had delayed starts due to this problem with the ticket van.

The one problem I can see with the system that is in place is that they arent using enough of the turnstiles,everyone is going in to the ground at the same entrance,thats bound to cause problems,there is plenty of turnstiles there to meet the demand been left closed at the Horans End and the Mitchels end

They operated in the past so why not open them again for the big games?

Seems obvious, right? Like I said, looks like it was designed to be as inefficient as possible.

I could only laugh at the position of the two vans - literally up against one another, and in such a position as every last person seeking entry to the ground had to walk past the entrance, queue, then turn around and walk through the milling queues to get to the gates again.

Death is too good for whoever put that set up together.

Another thing - the guys on the line for Dingle would want to be given the water cannon treatment.

Even if we absolve them of their laughable tactics (we don't), the practice of having three different guys literally screaming three different sets of (stupid) instructions at one (often 17 year old) player at the same time was pretty jarring.

We're all guilty of getting a bit overwrought at times, but these guys were borderline a disgrace.

My mother is a Rockie so I have to support the Rock.

Luckily, I don't live in Tralee anymore, so I won't have to listen to them :P

It would cap off some 6 months for Star.

Its either going to be Star or Donnacha Walsh as captain next year. Delighted with that as a choice. Either man would lead by example on the field, and Star will be a great vocal presence regardless.

Funny thing, with Legion and Crokes still to play in the club championship is that we could see Crokes play once again in Munster. Would be mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

having Donaghy as captain next year, in possibly his last year, is fairytale stuff to be honest.

he is as much captain material, as it comes. anybody else in that Stacks squad who will be brought into Kerry set up next year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement