Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Is the county final on in Austin Stack Park or Fitzgerald Stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Is the county final on in Austin Stack Park or Fitzgerald Stadium?

would expect tralee, all finals should be played there IMO, atmosphere is 10 times better for a smaller attendance of 5,000-10,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

County Final venue has been confirmed

Austin Stack Park folks

October 26th 3pm throw in with the Minor Final on before it at 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭willbeuptuesday

A simple solution to ease the inevitable queues with these bloody vans, send one of them up to Connolly park from 11am to 1pm and you will sell at least 30% of the tickets well in advance thus reducing some of the chaos

A simple solution to ease the inevitable queues with these bloody vans, send one of them up to Connolly park from 11am to 1pm and you will sell at least 30% of the tickets well in advance thus reducing some of the chaos

can tickets not be bought in advance?

While that is a solution, it's not going to happen. Hopefully they'll use the turnstiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

can tickets not be bought in advance?

While that is a solution, it's not going to happen. Hopefully they'll use the turnstiles.

Cash not taken at the turnstiles anymore.

I think the march of the rockies might have caused the meltdown last Sunday,a big gamg of them approaching the van at once,

"Computer says no"

would i be right in saying that Tomas played no football at all this year. i remember him saying he was retiring from everything, not just the inter county.

would i be right in saying that Tomas played no football at all this year. i remember him saying he was retiring from everything, not just the inter county.

Ya I think your correct dont think he played any club football this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Would be suprised if Tómas played anything bar Junior B ball for Nemo.

After last weekends semi's i fancy Stacks to take home the Bishop Moynihan,Seem to be strong in every line & Star is flying it at FF.Also well done to the county board for fixing the final for Tralee - ASP will have a great atmosphere on the 26th

Up this weekend is the Club final between Crokes & Legion with the winners hoping for a Mid Kerry victory.This should be a huge game with Crokes looking for revenge of the county championship defeat & Legion trying to prove it was not a once off. Would have to fancy Crokes though.

Other games this weekend

Strand Road v Kilcummin in the relegation play off - The East Kerry men to sneak this

Intermediate Final
    Spa v Ardfert - Spa

Junior Championship Semi Final
    Dromid Pearses v Duagh - Dromid

Novice Championship Semi's
    St Senan's v Listry - Listry
    Lispole v Knock - Lispole

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Intermediate Final
    Spa v Ardfert - Spa

Junior Championship Semi Final
    Dromid Pearses v Duagh - Dromid

i think i am right in saying that all 4 of these teams won those competitions in recent years.

there is a serious flaw in the promotion/relegation system is the same teams keep coming back in the final/latter stages a few years later.

Goals from the Semi Finals last Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

:eek:

Only time will tell but I would be very surprised if his not number 5 on their senior team.. The guy is in incredible shape..

What makes you say that? Bad form to just leave a statement like that without anything to back it up.

Why would someone who dedicated so much to being the best footballer he could be, be content with playing average-joe ball? That's ridiculous tbh, going by his articles in the Indo (think it was the Indo anyway) where he repeatedly said how much he missed the competitive edge of championship football, I'd say he's aiming for the senior team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

What makes you say that? Bad form to just leave a statement like that without anything to back it up.

Why would someone who dedicated so much to being the best footballer he could be, be content with playing average-joe ball? That's ridiculous tbh, going by his articles in the Indo (think it was the Indo anyway) where he repeatedly said how much he missed the competitive edge of championship football, I'd say he's aiming for the senior team.

He'll be 37 next year and is after a year with no football whatsoever..it's not an unreasonable statement, although Nemo have an Intermediate team (and Junior A) which I wouldn't be surprised to see him line out for, initially at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Cool the jets man,I was just implying that at 37 years of age plus his media duties with RTÉ which result in him working most weekends during the summer,I don't see how he could commit to it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

i think i am right in saying that all 4 of these teams won those competitions in recent years.

there is a serious flaw in the promotion/relegation system is the same teams keep coming back in the final/latter stages a few years later.

I don't know if I agree with you on this.

These clubs made a big effort/big push/had good form in the years they got promoted but when they went up a level they werent good enough to stay at that level.

I'd imagine all 4 teams would be thinking if they go up a level they will have learned a bit from the last time they got promoted.

I do think if Spa go up for instance they are probably in a bit better shape in terms of their age-profile to stay up compared to last time.

With the junior clubs in particular a huge issue is who's fit and who's around - in those teams 1 or 2 lads getting injured or moving away can make a massive difference to the standard in the squad so I'm really not surprised there is an element of up-and-down with regards promotion-relegation.

I also think that the All-Ireland club series does make it that bit harder for teams who get promoted - whatever 2 teams do get promoted will have the All-Ireland intermediate/junior finals as their number 1 priority, as opposed to staying up. Traditionally Kerry teams have gone far in these competitions which will only finish up in February of next year. This means a seriously extended season of hardcore training. As opposed to resting up and getting a break, these teams will be training hard for and it's no surprise if/when they suffer a hangover a few months later. It's obviously not the main reason but I think it definitely doesn't help a promoted side in terms of staying up.

I have heard that in other counties it's far easier to get promoted than get relegated which ends up with lots of clubs playing at the wrong level, which ends up making various grades of competition a bit of a joke.

Overall I really don't think this is that much of a problem

Should the winners of the Intermediate be promoted to Senior Club Championship and be left to play with their district in the County Championship?

Take the last two winners of the Intermediate

Finuge were relagated from Senior last year and Currow find themselves in the relegation play offs this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Should the winners of the Intermediate be promoted to Senior Club Championship and be left to play with their district in the County Championship?

Take the last two winners of the Intermediate

Finuge were relagated from Senior last year and Currow find themselves in the relegation play offs this year.

Not the worse idea, but I think you'd never convince the clubs to accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Spa ardfert tomorrow. Very hard to call, spa probably the better team but ardfert are so hard to beat and can get goals from nowhere.
    Dromid duagh also very hard to call, impossible almost to see anyone beating GG in the junior though

Meanwhile in Farranfore

10606137_573916422736963_2904796945561147474_n.jpg?oh=462ec0f15885da9ae13833c46730c941&oe=54ED991F&__gda__=1421381543_449da7b90cef28abd31f557b5b2bba03

Joe Brolly what do you think of that???? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You haven't played ball in Kerry until you've nearly done an ankle in their imprinted marks

Good 'ol Farranfore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

D'Agger wrote: »
    You haven't played ball in Kerry until you've nearly done an ankle in their imprinted marks

Good 'ol Farranfore :D

On a related note, I for one, think there should be some kind of veteran's medal handed out to those who played in the old pitch in Knocknagoshel. Washing oneself in the freezing cold river after was a real rite of passage for Division 3-5 Co league players!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Crokes had a big win today in the Club Final over (the) Legion.

If Mid Kerry win, Crokes go on to represent Kerry in the club championships again.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Kerryfootball

I really hope not,

I want colm to get as much of a break as possible and not rushed into a Munster club championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Kerryfootball

I really hope not,

I want colm to get as much of a break as possible and not rushed into a Munster club championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

C'mon Stacks!!

I really hope not,

its strange that he wasnt even listed as a sub on their 30 man panel yesterday. hope he hasnt had a set back or something. was he involved with them?

• Advertisement

The goals from yesterdays games in Killarney

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement