Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Replay on at 2:45 in Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

stuba wrote: »
    Replay on at 2:45 in Killarney

all county finals should be played in Tralee. Killarney is too big and the atmosphere is ruined.

ASP is the ideal ground for greating noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

all county finals should be played in Tralee. Killarney is too big and the atmosphere is ruined.

ASP is the ideal ground for greating noise.

Not exactly fair when you have a Tralee team in the final though, so while I agree in principle, I think this is a fair call in the circumstances.

Not exactly fair when you have a Tralee team in the final though, so while I agree in principle, I think this is a fair call in the circumstances.

same applies to almost every sport, sooner or later the team from the town/city of the main stadium, will get to the final.

• Advertisement

same applies to almost every sport, sooner or later the team from the town/city of the main stadium, will get to the final.

Yes, but Fitzgerald Stadium is the main ground in Kerry. Makes sense to rotate between the 2 venues. Access and parking are far less of an issue in Killarney aswell. Tralee is a grand venue but it can be awkward to get in/out of...not to mention the ticket chaos we had for the semi finals.

Roughly what was the attendence at the County Final yesterday?

Id be in favour of Tralee been used for county finals as well,you wont even notice the crowd in Killarney next week.Fitzgearld Stadium is a without doubt the best venue but its away too big for club games.

Another good video clip of yesterdays game,

Wont be able to make the game tomorrow so was looking forward to Sky+ it

TG4 not showing it :mad:

Showed a replay last week but not this week

Showing Omagh V Crossmaglen in the Ulster Club and the Leinster Club Hurling game Shelmaliers v Kilcormac/Killoughey this week.

Deferred coverage would have done.

Its looking like Keane will be needing these this evening :)

E5TYGN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Its looking like Keane will be needing these this evening :)

E5TYGN.jpg

Its pissing rain, well here in mid Kerry anyway, hopefully that will save the town.

• Advertisement

Its pissing rain, well here in mid Kerry anyway, hopefully that will save the town.

I thought it was the whole county he was going burning?? :)

Billy O Shea on Radio Kerry,re Stacks celebrations

"Stephen Stack should let the Stacks players celebrate tonight and tomorrow and then call it off then"

Best of luck with that Stephen.

Two weeks time to the Ballincollig game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nicepoint

What age is William kirby? I didn't realise he was still playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

nicepoint wrote: »
    What age is William kirby? I didn't realise he was still playing!

Either 39 or 40 - was an article somewhere (think it was the Examiner) about him turning 40 recently enough.

Fair going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

Was Kirby on the team that won in 2004?

aster99 wrote: »
    Was Kirby on the team that won in 2004?

94??

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

" What you think of that Joe Brolly???"

I hope Munster is ready for what is coming!!

Rockies take over Croke Park 17th March ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

COME ON THE ROCK!

Great to have a day like this with the club I played with as a young lad. I wasn't at the match today but I was at the drawn game last week and know most of the team.

Those stacks fans are nuts!

Well deserved win and delighted to have Donaghy as captain next year. Can they go on now and win Munster? Cratloe their biggest threat i reckon.

Meanwhile, when should we start the search party and alert the gardai for Keane, United lose and Stacks win....24 hour cut off is approaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

puke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Star-mageddon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

keane2097 wrote: »
    puke
    How long before Strand Road are back challenging Keano? They've fallen back a bit the last few years

D'Agger wrote: »
    How long before Strand Road are back challenging Keano? They've fallen back a bit the last few years

The last few years? They lost to Crokes in the County semi-final last year, beat Stacks in the County League final and won the U21 Championship :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

keane2097 wrote: »
    The last few years? They lost to Crokes in the County semi-final last year, beat Stacks in the County League final and won the U21 Championship :confused:
    Crokes have been head and shoulders above most teams for the last number of years, before that it was Rahillies who were the only team close to them IMO - I'm on about when do you think we'll see them lifting a county again really.

Should the u21 win see a few more players coming through who might challenge for the county team?

D'Agger wrote: »
    Crokes have been head and shoulders above most teams for the last number of years, before that it was Rahillies who were the only team close to them IMO - I'm on about when do you think we'll see them lifting a county again really.

Should the u21 win see a few more players coming through who might challenge for the county team?

None of the teams are anywhere near as good as Crokes and probably won't be for a while. I'd fully expect Crokes to be putting 10 points plus on Stacks again next year.

We'll probably be back to the same level, as good as the rest, assuming Tommy coming back encourages people to stay around for the summer. Depends who is in charge as well a fair bit.

If you have another year where Crokes malfunction we've as much chance of winning as anyone else with a full team and decent management.

I don't think we have any more county players in the making at the moment although Jack Savage will probably get a look in in years to come. Cormac Coffey is fast enough to be a prospect as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Came across from Cork yesterday to see the match and I have to say I m glad I came in for the U21 game. That Gaeltacht team are a fantastic team considering the size of the pick they have. The football they played was a joy to watch. rob o se midfield and Eanna O conchuir, tomas o se and begley have a serious future ahead of them.

Bad and all as Mid Kerry were, stacks were very impressive. They ll take serious stopping in Munster. Having played against Ballincollig this year I cant see them stopping Stacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Will Stacks be able to win the AI however?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Orizio wrote: »
    Will Stacks be able to win the AI however?

Not a hope methinks

• Advertisement

Keano..how are you coping since Sunday?

If you need to talk, there's a helpline for Tralee heads who are wondering how to deal with the next 6 months of inevitable crowing from Connolly Park down to Rock Street..
    The number is 1800-UP-THE-ROCK.

On a serious note, Stacks better cut the celebrations down if they don't want to be dumped on their ar5es by Ballincollig. They aren't world beaters but are well organised and have a few classy operators in their team also.

Cratloe waiting in the wings then which will be interesting whoever comes through.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement