Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sslazio11

I don't see why we can't win this game. Not saying we definitely will, but with an improvement in our foot-passing, and early low ball into the corners, we're at least an even money shot.

Dublin haven't beaten Kerry in the championship in 32 years, and even more relevant, Kerry have never lost an All-Ireland quarter final in the 8 years since the qualifiers were introduced. No mean feat.

I can't wait. It'll be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Got four tickets for the Davin Stand - it could be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

ionapaul wrote: »
    Got four tickets for the Davin Stand - it could be epic!

Had two tickets in the Cusack Stand, went to buy them when the feckin' "Verified by Visa" crap came along. Lost the tickets, and didn't get them back. GUTTED!!!!:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

IrishKev wrote: »
    Had two tickets in the Cusack Stand, went to buy them when the feckin' "Verified by Visa" crap came along. Lost the tickets, and didn't get them back. GUTTED!!!!:mad::mad:

Same thig happened to me, lost the ticket and the only one that kept coming up was the top corner in upper cusack so just bought it, must get new glasses lol. Kept looking and got lower cusack, so i just bought 2 tickets lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Do ticketmaster have any seats?Bought 2 nally but would rather sit.My brother could take the Nally.Too near the hill tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

kerry very rearly line up from 2-7 in the positions they are picked. i think the next day that we will see alot of positional changes.

Marc O Shea to pick up Alan Brogan.
    Tom Sullivan to pick up Bernard Brogan.
    We may even see Padraig Reidy on to pick up Sherlock as he has done well on him before.
    e game he had againast Kildare and I expect us to subdue him the next day.

Was thinking that alright when I was picking my team. A lot will depend where Bernard is playing - could be full forward. Bernard is the danger man and he would be more suited to Tom than Tommy. What to do with Tommy Griffin then - who will he mark? Don't think he's suited to the Dub full forward line. This is the area I expect most pressure.
    also, looks like Kerrys plan B now is all out attack from the half back line, led to 1-6 the last day in the 2nd half. one thing is for sure, Bernard Brogan wont have the game he had againast Kildare and I expect us to subdue him the next day.

So you finally agree that we need a Plan B;). Plan A is now definitely quality low ball into the forward line, but the half forwards MUST make the right runs looking for the ball also. Don't think Sherlock would score such a soft goal against Kerry either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

manster wrote: »
    Was thinking that alright when I was picking my team. A lot will depend where Bernard is playing - could be full forward. Bernard is the danger man and he would be more suited to Tom than Tommy. What to do with Tommy Griffin then - who will he mark? Don't think he's suited to the Dub full forward line. This is the area I expect most pressure.

Start Padraig Reidy instead of Tommy Griffin?

Kerry team V Dublin in All Ireland Quarter Final 09

(1) Diarmuid Murphy (Dingle)
    (2) Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    (3) Tommy Griffin (Dingle)
    (4) Tom O’Sullivan (Rathmore)
    (5) Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    (6) Mike McCarthy (Kilcummin)
    (7) Killian Young (Renard)
    (8) Darragh Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    (9) Seamus Scanlon (Currow)
    (10) Paul Galvin (Finuge)
    (11) Declan O’Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada)
    (12) Donnacha Walsh (Cromane)
    (13) Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes)
    (14) Tommy Walsh (Kerins O'Rahilly)
    (15) Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (Captain)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

Kerry team V Dublin in All Ireland Quarter Final 09

(1) Diarmuid Murphy (Dingle)
    (2) Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    (3) Tommy Griffin (Dingle)
    (4) Tom O’Sullivan (Rathmore)
    (5) Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    (6) Mike McCarthy (Kilcummin)
    (7) Killian Young (Renard)
    (8) Darragh Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    (9) Seamus Scanlon (Currow)
    (10) Paul Galvin (Finuge)
    (11) Declan O’Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada)
    (12) Donnacha Walsh (Cromane)
    (13) Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes)
    (14) Tommy Walsh (Kerins O'Rahilly)
    (15) Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (Captain)
    1. colm cooper
    2. colm cooper
    3. colm cooper
    4. colm cooper
    5. colm cooper
    6. colm cooper
    7. colm cooper
    8. colm cooper
    9. colm cooper
    10. colm cooper
    11. colm cooper
    12. colm cooper
    13. colm cooper
    14. colm cooper
    15. colm cooper

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

1. colm cooper
    2. colm cooper
    3. colm cooper
    4. colm cooper
    5. colm cooper
    6. colm cooper
    7. colm cooper
    8. colm cooper
    9. colm cooper
    10. colm cooper
    11. colm cooper
    12. colm cooper
    13. colm cooper
    14. colm cooper
    15. colm cooper
    In days gone by yes, but sadly this weekend, a Team of Galvins would be far more usefull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

paddy978 wrote: »
    Do ticketmaster have any seats?Bought 2 nally but would rather sit.My brother could take the Nally.Too near the hill tbh.

Just to let you know, Ticketmaster seem to have gotten another batch of tickets in Lower Hogan and Higher Cusack, they're both in the corner near the Canal End, but they're both decent parts of the stadium to watch the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Said I'd post here because the Kerry V Dub threads has just turned into a bit of a slagging.

Fair delighted for the team. Finally the performance we have been waiting for. Copper was brill, good to see him overcome all the critics.

Question is were Dublin so bad today that kerry just walked over them or did kerry completly out-class them. Or is it a combination of both?

So Mayo or Meath up next (i reckon Mayo). Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Dapos wrote: »
    Question is were Dublin so bad today that kerry just walked over them or did kerry completly out-class them.

That's the $64,000 question all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

After todays magnificent display of football overcoming the Dubs,Ive decided to chalk down my Kerry team from 1997 when I was 7 years old and first began to follow my county to the present day.I have put down my personal favourite players from the past 12 years who may not have been the greatest but stood out for me.Let the debating begin.UP DA KINGDOM......< Kerry-4-sam09>

1.Declan O'Keeffe(solid pair of hand always felt safe with him between the sticks)

2.Marc O'Se
    (a super all round footballer who loves to get foward,could play anywhere on the field)

3.Seamus Moynihan
    (a stalwart of kerry football for years,a legend)

4.Mike McCarthy
    (mr reliable himself,a sound defender)

5.Tomas O'Se
    (bombs up and down the pitch all day,always good for a point)

6.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Aidan O'Mahony
    (a hard,robust defender who takes no prisioners)

7.John Sheehan
    (your classic wing back,very fit and worked hard for the team)

8.Daragh O'Se
    (he's already in kerry football folklore,one of the games greatest players,a brilliant fielder of the ball and flawless distributer)

9.William Kirby
    (the tralee man was a solid footballer who may not have had the skills of some of his counterparts but made up for it in workrate and chipped in with his fair share of points)

10.Paul Galvin
    (plays on the line,a tough player who wins the dirty ball,a decent footballer to boot)

11.Maurice Fitzgerarld
    (regarded by many as the greatest gaelic footballer of all time,left foot/right foot,a magnificent footballer who read the game brilliantly)

12.Declan O'Sullivan
    (an excellent scoring half foward who also acts as a great playmakerfor the team,a genuine subline talent)

13.Colm Cooper
    (aka "gooch",lethal finisher who can run rings round opponents,a class act)

14.Kieran Donaghy
    (an imposing presense in front of goal,"star" has great hands,is a good distributer and has an eye for goal)

15.Dara O'Cinneide
    (an accurate free taker and all round talented footballer)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    After todays magnificent display of football overcoming the Dubs,Ive decided to chalk down my Kerry team from 1997 when I was 7 years old and first began to follow my county to the present day.I have put down my personal favourite players from the past 12 years who may not have been the greatest but stood out for me.Let the debating begin.UP DA KINGDOM......< Kerry-4-sam09>

1.Declan O'Keeffe(solid pair of hand always felt safe with him between the sticks)

2.Marc O'Se(a super all round footballer who loves to get foward,could play anywhere on the field)

3.Seamus Moynihan(a stalwart of kerry football for years,a legend)

4.Mike McCarthy(mr reliable himself,a sound defender)

5.Tomas O'Se(bombs up and down the pitch all day,always good for a point)

6.Aidan O'Mahony(a hard,robust defender who takes no prisioners)

7.John Sheehan(your classic wing back,very fit and worked hard for the team)

8.Daragh O'Se(he's already in kerry football folklore,one of the games greatest players,a brilliant fielder of the ball and flawless distributer)

9.William Kirby(the tralee man was a solid footballer who may not have had the skills of some of his counterparts but made up for it in workrate and chipped in with his fair share of points)

10.Paul Galvin (plays on the line,a tough player who wins the dirty ball,a decent footballer to boot)

11.Maurice Fitzgerarld(regarded by many as the greatest gaelic footballer of all time,left foot/right foot,a magnificent footballer who read the game brilliantly)

12.Declan O'Sullivan(an excellent scoring half foward who also acts as a great playmakerfor the team,a genuine subline talent)

13.Colm Cooper(aka "gooch",lethal finisher who can run rings round opponents,a class act)

14.Kieran Donaghy(an imposing presense in front of goal,"star" has great hands,is a good distributer and has an eye for goal)

15.Dara O'Cinneide(an accurate free taker and all round talented footballer)

Agreed - in particular with Maurice Fitz. What a player and one I have missed so much. However that is not to undermine our wonderful Gooch!

To add to this, I was at the game today and incredibly moved and impressed with Donaghy's input to the game. Yeah, I know he didn't play, but wow, the guy gave his heart and soul to it from the sideline, and on the pitch with advice to the lads whilst giving them a drop a water.

Honestly, a team player, a true Star!:cool::)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

delighted today. amazing performance and amazing result. only concern now is the kerry bandwagon will roll into town with the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

delighted today. amazing performance and amazing result. only concern now is the kerry bandwagon will roll into town with the media.

Agree, magnificent performance (pity it wasn't against Tyrone) but lets not get carried away....

Drive on lads and blow them all away and be the team of the decade....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 The Abstract

1.Diarmuid Murphy
    2.Marc O'Se
    3.Mike McCarthy
    4.Tom O'Sullivan
    5.Tomas O'Se
    6.Seamus Moynihan
    7.Liam Flaherty
    8.Daragh O'Se
    9.William Kirby
    10.Paul Galvin
    11.Maurice Fitzgerald
    12.Declan O'Sullivan
    13.Colm Cooper
    14.Kieran Donaghy
    15.Johnny Crowley

I think that is a terrifying forward line

• Registered Users Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It was an unreal performance by Kerry.

Yes Dublin were shocking but Kerry just gave one of the best displays of all round football you will ever see right in front of the Dubs backyard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 The Abstract

It was an unreal performance by Kerry.

Yes Dublin were shocking but Kerry just gave one of the best displays of all round football you will ever see right in front of the Dubs backyard

Its our backyard as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its our backyard as well

and sure add in Kilkenny and Cork Hurlers there too so :D

team for the semi anybody? some serious options now, tadhg, Star, Paul O Connor all have a claim to start, though we could see the same 15 starting, with exception of Tadhg in maybe.

I think the 2 walshes could be under pressure though depends on who we are playing.

and lads, Jack O Connor is some man. perhaps one of the smartest men in the game. his record speaks for himself. people questioned him over the last few weeks but he has shown his qualitys. Bringing back Mick Mac was a master stroke.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Bringing back Mick Mac was a master stroke.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

team for the semi anybody? some serious options now, tadhg, Star, Paul O Connor all have a claim to start, though we could see the same 15 starting, with exception of Tadhg in maybe.
    I hope Donaghy isn't put back in too early or left out (on the pitch) for a whole game if he isn't ready, I'd hate to see him do permanent damage. Hell I'd almost suggest he take the rest of the season off.

Just watched the match again and all the post match interviews also. Still on a high yesterday - made going to work in Dublin after a bank holiday weekend all the sweeter.

So what did we learn about Kerry?

1. Kerry are not yet a spent force & are now rightly joint favourites for the title.
    2. Tommy Walsh has serious work to do in training if he is to stop Kennelly from taking his place.
    3. Kerry should stick with their traditional style of playing fast quality ball into the forward line.

As for Dublin?
    1. Dublin just don't have the necessary know-how in slowing down games that are getting away from them (think how Tyrone players can down injured or slow down free kicks). Cuteness.
    2. Dublin are still not capable of beating the big two (Tyrone & Kerry)
    3. The Leinster championship is as worthless a commodity as a NAMA debt

The future is bright but remember how we lost semi-finals to Kildare (1998) & Meath (2001). Let's not get too ahead of ourselves!

Fairplay to Jack for having the guts to do it!
    Its been widely known in Kerry that several players have gone off the rails this year and Cooper has been rumoured to be one of the worst.I must say i didnt expect Tomas O Se to be one though.
    I suppose now cooper is your hero all over again....cooper gets it all the time both on and off the pitch and its disgraceful.how about you realise he is a normal down to earth young man and if he wants to go for a few handy pints leave him alone to enjoy them.he has being performing for Kerry at the highest level for the past 8 years its a joke the **** he has to put up with the least the Kerry fans can do is stay behind him.paidi wasn't to far wrong when he branded some of the Kerry support animals and you are one for certain:mad:

1. colm cooper
    2. colm cooper
    3. colm cooper
    4. colm cooper
    5. colm cooper
    6. colm cooper
    7. colm cooper
    8. colm cooper
    9. colm cooper
    10. colm cooper
    11. colm cooper
    12. colm cooper
    13. colm cooper
    14. colm cooper
    15. colm cooper
    told ye so.fair play to the whole team well done lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭helpisontheway

I suppose now cooper is your hero all over again....cooper gets it all the time both on and off the pitch and its disgraceful.how about you realise he is a normal down to earth young man and if he wants to go for a few handy pints leave him alone to enjoy them.he has being performing for Kerry at the highest level for the past 8 years its a joke the **** he has to put up with the least the Kerry fans can do is stay behind him.paidi wasn't to far wrong when he branded some of the Kerry support animals and you are one for certain:mad:

I cant see where in my comment i was having a go at Colm?:confused:
    I stated fair play to Jack for having the guts to drop him because he was rumoured to be drinking heavily and not perfroming on the pitch all of which was common knowledge,thats fact not my opinion!!!:rolleyes:Do you want me to take your side and say yera he can drink away every weekend,not perform on the pitch and still deserve his place for every game?
    Nowhere did i give any opinion be it positive or negative about Colm,it was Jack.Colm had a fantastic game against Dublin and that post was deservedly made before that game.As for calling me an animal i wont respond and bring myself down to your level.:cool:

So what did we learn about Kerry?

that jack o connor is a cute hoor ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

IrishKev wrote: »
    Just to let you know, Ticketmaster seem to have gotten another batch of tickets in Lower Hogan and Higher Cusack, they're both in the corner near the Canal End, but they're both decent parts of the stadium to watch the match.

I'd say in future if you can't get Ticketmaster tickets you should get them straight from the GAA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement