Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

JFlah wrote: »
    Jealous much ?

I begrudge them every game they aren't beaten by 20 points in. I wish a sink hole would open up and swallow Connolly Park. I pray for the day they are relegated to Division 5 and the club disbands due to embarrassment.

Of course I'm ****ing jealous, I'm positively puce with envy and hatred and can only console myself with wishes of the most miserable outcomes to all the aspirations of their obnoxiously aggravating fans.

I hate the rock with the fury of one million suns.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

keane2097 wrote: »
    I begrudge them every game they aren't beaten by 20 points in. I wish a sink hole would open up and swallow Connolly Park. I pray for the day they are relegated to Division 5 and the club disbands due to embarrassment.

Of course I'm ****ing jealous, I'm positively puce with envy and hatred and can only console myself with wishes of the most miserable outcomes to all the aspirations of their obnoxiously aggravating fans.

Haha fairplay you gave me a giggle.

Considering I am originally from Connolly Park though and my parents still live there I would like to see the place survive.

Seeing them grace Croke Park next Patricks Day will be like a stake through your heart ...

Terrible... :rolleyes: ... (sarcastically).

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Kerryfootball

As much as I'd love to see a Kerry side win
    the all Ireland it's hard to see past Vincent's.
    Infact I think the Leinster club competition is tougher than than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

keane2097 wrote: »

Come off the fence and tell us what you really think :p

Interesting article in d'examiner today on the management situation in Kerry.

Given Horan's comments earlier in the week about how time-consuming being an intercounty manager is, how long do people think Eamonn with stay in the job?

Also I though Tomas was involved with UCC some bit on the coaching front already?

I don't think Dara O'Cinneide has ever made any noise about being interested in the management/coaching side of things - but given his insight and intelligence you'd think it could be a runner.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/and-all-because-the-man-said-yes-300635.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Taken from hoganstand

Kerry county board has posted a €131,000 surplus for 2014, despite the cost of having two teams involved in All-Ireland finals.
    The Kingdom won both the All-Ireland senior and minor football titles last September, but despite splashing €972,613 on the senior team alone, will still reveal at healthy surplus at Monday night’s county convention . The figure for the senior footballers is up more than €200,000 on 2013 when team expenses amounted to €755,489.
    The surplus can be largely attributed to a new ticketing system for club game which yielded €434,891 compared to €301,099 in 2013. Replays in both the county SFC and SHC finals also generated extra revenue.
    A jump from €158,651 in 2013 to €520, 678 in 2014 from fundraising initiatives, including €300,000 raised for the county team holiday fund, has also boosted the Kingdom coffers.

Maybe they might ease off a bit on fees and so on for clubs around the county.................
    But I wont hold my breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

wonga77 wrote: »
    Maybe they might ease off a bit on fees and so on for clubs around the county.................
    But I wont hold my breath

why on earth would they do that? its not going to happen nor should it.

Maybe to ease the pressure on some of the smaller clubs? 5 or 6 k a year in reg fees as well as taking 250 - 300 off home venues in championship games and stuff like that. Some clubs are very well off financially but many of the smaller clubs do have to work very hard to pay those bills, clubs with small membership numbers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Congrats to Brosna

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Zinc1

Congrats to Brosna

Great performance , Adam barry gave a point kicking exhibition

Brosna and Ardfert semi finals on the same day,hopefully it will be a double header

• Advertisement

Well done Brosna, hectic few weeks for them, promotion to div 2 next weekend would add to a great year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Great win for Brosna..standard of play wasn't fantastic today, but in Adam Barry Brosna had the best player on the field. He was outstanding. I recall him being a Kerry minor panelist 2 years ago, should certainly get a go with the 21s in current form. Serious ability to finish with both feet.

Brosna play The Rock from Tyrone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

Marc Ó Sé is back for 2015. Great news.

Marc Ó Sé is back for 2015. Great news.

Is this definitive or based on the banter he was having on twitter the other day about the new jersey?! I hope it's true obviously, just wondering. The way he played in the final, he has another year or 2 left in the tank for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'd be pretty surprised if he wasn't back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Star has been nominated for man of the year by Balls.ie, get voting lads, if only to stop that yob from Mayo who invaded the pitch above in Limerick. http://balls.ie/football/six-nominees-balls-ie-man-year-named-vote/

New season kicks off next weekend with the McGrath Cup

Kerry V IT Tralee

New season kicks off next weekend with the McGrath Cup

Kerry V IT Tralee

do the poor aul U21s get no mention? :p

Diarmuid Murphy is in charge for this and it should be a very unusual selection - I do know Tommy Walsh will be lining out but beyond that it's anyone's guess who will feature between the lads in South Africa, the U21 game on Saturday and the fact that colleges have first call on lads - there was a smattering of Kerry folk involved with UL and Mary I already and there will surely be a fair few more with UCC and ITT
    The team plays its first game on the weekend of the 11th January 2015 Time and Venue to be confirmed.
    Incidentally, the Kerry Touring party do not return from SA until Sunday night 11th/Monday morning 12th.
    The final is fixed for the weekend of January 25th 2015.

Boom__Boom wrote: »

Diarmuid Murphy is in charge for this and it should be a very unusual selection - I do know Tommy Walsh will be lining out but beyond that it's anyone's guess who will feature between the lads in South Africa, the U21 game on Saturday and the fact that colleges have first call on lads - there was a smattering of Kerry folk involved with UL and Mary I already and there will surely be a fair few more with UCC and ITT

Forgot about the U21s playing in the Hastings Cup :o

They drew last Saturday with Roscommon and play Cavan next Saturday

http://www.hoganstand.com/Kerry/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=229575

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/sport/gaa/articles/2015/01/03/4034799-setback-for-meaths-hastings-cup-aspirations--kerry-and-roscommon-draw/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

I'd better find boots cos any old junior player could be getting a call up for this game with the amount of players unavailable.

• Advertisement

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    I'd better find boots cos any old junior player could be getting a call up for this game with the amount of players unavailable.

This is basically going to be a Kerry Junior team, or worse even..I heard there is "debate" over a few players eligible for Kerry AND ITT. Unless we get those players for Kerry and/or use a few of the 21s, this is a game the college could very well win if they're up for it.

Lot of Kerry lads playing with UCC, who play Limerick next Sunday. A few with UL and CIT aswell.
    Eamonn Kiely, Denis Daly and Cathal O'Luing started for UL last sunday v Waterford. David Foran started for Mary I (having played a NK semi final 24 hours before)..all those would have worn the Kerry jersey in the recent past.

Axel Lamp wrote: »

Whatever you do, don't turn up too early at the pitch or you could end up getting dragged into the changing room and thrown a jersey, togs and ill-fitting boots to make up the numbers. :)

This is basically going to be a Kerry Junior team, or worse even..I heard there is "debate" over a few players eligible for Kerry AND ITT. Unless we get those players for Kerry and/or use a few of the 21s, this is a game the college could very well win if they're up for it.

Lot of Kerry lads playing with UCC, who play Limerick next Sunday. A few with UL and CIT aswell.
    Eamonn Kiely, Denis Daly and Cathal O'Luing started for UL last sunday v Waterford. David Foran started for Mary I (having played a NK semi final 24 hours before)..all those would have worn the Kerry jersey in the recent past.

All joking aside, it's clearly going to be the weakest Kerry time in a long time, even for a McGrath cup game.

I wonder will any of the Stacks lads feature? I had heard talk they had some challenge games coming up but I'm not sure if they are in action next week. You'd think at least they'd have been keeping the hand in/having a quiet Christmas with an eye on the clubs. Maybe some of the Ardfert or Brosna lads might be interested as well?

Really hope they don't use too many of the lads who feature for the U21s - lads of that age shouldn't be playing 2 games in 24 hours at this time of year.

All joking aside, it's clearly going to be the weakest Kerry time in a long time, even for a McGrath cup game.

I wonder will any of the Stacks lads feature? I had heard talk they had some challenge games coming up but I'm not sure if they are in action next week. You'd think at least they'd have been keeping the hand in/having a quiet Christmas with an eye on the clubs. Maybe some of the Ardfert or Brosna lads might be interested as well?

Really hope they don't use too many of the lads who feature for the U21s - lads of that age shouldn't be playing 2 games in 24 hours at this time of year.

I seriously doubt Stacks will be releasing players. Like you, I don't want u-21s playing multiple games in a weekend. When I mentioned that I was thinking more of u21 panelists who weren't playing the Hastings cup game.

You're basically looking at Kerry Juniors plus Kerry Seniors who didn't travel to South Africa, plus others.

This was the Junior team from the AI final last year. Some of these are ineligible/unavaialble

1 Shane Murphy Kilcummin
    2 Fionán Clifford Waterville
    3 Kevin O'Dwyer Waterville
    4 Danny Wrenn Tarbert
    5 Greg Gibson Waterville
    6 Denis Daly St. Marys - N/A, played with UL
    7 Gavin Crowley Templenoe - N/A - U21
    8 Andrew Garnett Spa
    9 Brendan O'Sullivan Valentia - N/A, with CIT
    10 Philip O'Connor Cordal
    11 Ciaran Keating Skellig Rangers - N/A,with CIT
    12 Brian Crowley Templenoe - N/A,U21
    13 Gavan O’Grady Glenbeigh/Glencar
    14 Paul Kennelly Ballydonoghue
    15 Thomas Hickey (Capt) Castleisland Desmonds - N/A,with UCC
    Fir Ionaid:
    16 Sean Óg Ó Ciardubháin Cordal
    17 Alan O’Donoghue John Mitchels
    18 Shane Lynch Spa
    19 Michael Brennan Churchill
    20 Sean Moloney John Mitchels
    21 Edmund Walsh Knocknagoshel
    22 Dara Roche Glenflesk - N/A,u21
    23 Jeff O’Donoghue Glenflesk
    24 Padráig Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht

That's just what I'm aware of. Could be more. Some of the lads above, possibly added to by a few Senior panelists, wouldn't disgrace themselves I'd say.

I seriously doubt Stacks will be releasing players. Like you, I don't want u-21s playing multiple games in a weekend. When I mentioned that I was thinking more of u21 panelists who weren't playing the Hastings cup game.

You're basically looking at Kerry Juniors plus Kerry Seniors who didn't travel to South Africa, plus others.

Cavan will likely be a serious test for the U21s at the weekend - they gave Meath a right hammering - something like 1-15 to 0-5 and have serious pedigree at this level the last while.

Anyone know are there many who didnt travel to South Africa? - Only one I heard hadnt travelled was Marc O'Se and he's not due to be fit for a while yet from what I remember.

This was the Junior team from the AI final last year. Some of these are ineligible/unavaialble

1 Shane Murphy Kilcummin
    2 Fionán Clifford Waterville
    3 Kevin O'Dwyer Waterville
    4 Danny Wrenn Tarbert
    5 Greg Gibson Waterville
    6 Denis Daly St. Marys - N/A, played with UL
    7 Gavin Crowley Templenoe - N/A - U21
    8 Andrew Garnett Spa
    9 Brendan O'Sullivan Valentia - N/A, with CIT
    10 Philip O'Connor Cordal
    11 Ciaran Keating Skellig Rangers - N/A,with CIT
    12 Brian Crowley Templenoe - N/A,U21
    13 Gavan O’Grady Glenbeigh/Glencar
    14 Paul Kennelly Ballydonoghue
    15 Thomas Hickey (Capt) Castleisland Desmonds - N/A,with UCC
    Fir Ionaid:
    16 Sean Óg Ó Ciardubháin Cordal
    17 Alan O’Donoghue John Mitchels
    18 Shane Lynch Spa
    19 Michael Brennan Churchill
    20 Sean Moloney John Mitchels
    21 Edmund Walsh Knocknagoshel
    22 Dara Roche Glenflesk - N/A,u21
    23 Jeff O’Donoghue Glenflesk
    24 Padráig Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht

That's just what I'm aware of. Could be more. Some of the lads above, possibly added to by a few Senior panelists, wouldn't disgrace themselves I'd say.

Alot of those lads might not have kicked a ball for 6 weeks or more though, tough ask to be asking any of them out of the blue just after xmas

wonga77 wrote: »
    Alot of those lads might not have kicked a ball for 6 weeks or more though, tough ask to be asking any of them out of the blue just after xmas

What other option is there? In fairness, most lads will be rusty, but won't have got massively unfit in a few weeks. Players at that level look after themselves fairly well these days. Given the involvement of Darragh are we to expect half an u21 team now? I'd be quite annpyed if any player was asked to play 2 games in 24 hours, but you could feasibly take 5 or 6 of the u21s and play them in the Senior game, using the rest of the u21 squad or fringe players for the game with Cavan. Problem then is you'd probably get a pasting off Cavan, who are very strong, which would be of no benefit to the 21s and certainly wouldn't help morale. Overall, I'd favour picking whatever Juniors/Non-21s are available for the Senior game. ITT won't be great but wouldn't be that worried with result anyhow.

Going to be some shock to a few systems when serious training and the league resumes. I wouldn't be expecting anything great out of them for the first few rounds anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

squad has been picked for Sunday, so its obviously alot more structured than i was expecting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

squad has been picked for Sunday, so its obviously alot more structured than i was expecting!!

Where did you hear this? Do you have the squad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement