Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

I would just like to wish Kerry the best of luck on sunday!!!!!!

I hope ye'll be joining us in the final ;)

Thats very good of ya...
    We should meet after the final and I'll buy you a scoop to drown your sorrows :P

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

sneem-man wrote: »
    Thats very good of ya...
    We should meet after the final and I'll buy you a scoop to drown your sorrows :P

You know what they say about counting chickens before they are hatched!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I think we'll be hatching chicken 37 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

36 no?

Anyway, Frank McGuigan is a sad sad man.
    "I hope Kerry get hammered by Cork" he said.
    What bitter words... also what about Meath???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

DDC1990 wrote: »
    36 no?

I like thway Frank totally discounts Meath in this situation. I am very wary entering into tomorrows game as Meath are a similar situation as Kerry were going in against Dublin. Write off Meath at your peril, Kerry may have destroyed Dublin but one swallow never made a summer.
    36 no?
    1891 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Final
    Kerry(Ballyduff) 2-3 Wexford(Crossabeg) 1-5 Clonturk Park

+ 35 Football titles = 37! We are damned proud of that 1891 achievement you know:D, the few of us that know about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

36 no?

Bitter is the word I would use.

Wonder what his reaction does be when his sons, the angles they are, are getting the crap kicked out of them in club games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭dhorgan3

Ye kerry folks produce top footballers one year after another....which got me thinking...does inbreeding go on in the kingdom??

I mean every third or fourth surname is o'connor, O'Sullivan, O'Shea, Sheehan, Fitzgerald, Fitzmaurice, etc...

Ye might shed some light on it lads...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Yes.

Our secret is out. We genetically modify our children (typical the seventh son of seventh sons for mystical abilites) and raise them in specially designed cages. Every quarter the weakest are weeded out and left on a mountainside to die.

The remaining children are fed on a diet consisting entirely of soy protein and complex carbohydrates, once a week they are given a pint of guinness (typically sunday mornings).
    Whilst in the cages the they are beat without mercy for the following infractions:

Hopping the ball twice.
    Letting your marker goal side of you.
    Admiring any other county's footballers.
    Sharing.

When they are 12 they are placed in foster homes. To qualify you must have attended every Kerry game, league and championship in the last ten years.
    As seniors are basically free tickets you must prove that you don't need them to qualify and would go anyway.

Before they go to bed every night they must watch the 70's wonder years tapes and every month they are put in groups to discuss where these players went right and where they went wrong.

At the end of this process they are scattered in Junior and ammalgamed clubs throughout the county to avoid suspicion and are given "soft" jobs in various banks and as reps for alcohol companies. They must wear club socks under their county colours to protect against the barcode that is on the heel of their right foot showing if their boot comes off during play.

It's been a long sacrifice but we think it's worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Yes.

Our secret is out. We genetically modify our children (typical the seventh son of seventh sons for mystical abilites) and raise them in specially designed cages. Every quarter the weakest are weeded out and left on a mountainside to die.

The remaining children are fed on a diet consisting entirely of soy protein and complex carbohydrates, once a week they are given a pint of guinness (typically sunday mornings).
    Whilst in the cages the they are beat without mercy for the following infractions:

Hopping the ball twice.
    Sharing.

When they are 12 they are placed in foster homes. To qualify you must have attended every Kerry game, league and championship in the last ten years.
    As seniors are basically free tickets you must prove that you don't need them to qualify and would go anyway.

Before they go to bed every night they must watch the 70's wonder years tapes and every month they are put in groups to discuss where these players went right and where they went wrong.

At the end of this process they are scattered in Junior and ammalgamed clubs throughout the county to avoid suspicion and are given "soft" jobs in various banks and as reps for alcohol companies. They must wear club socks under their county colours to protect against the barcode that is on the heel of their right foot showing if their boot comes off during play.

Ill drop the Guinness over to them in the morning before i head to the match!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Yes.

Hopping the ball twice.
    Sharing.

The next Guinness add has been born:D
    If only we had mountains in Dublin..... to get rid of a few of our lads;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

The secret...breast milk direct from the teat up until minor. Also we try not to allow any of our wimmin folk marry outside the county, especially the south kery wimmin. The North Kerry wimmin, due to unfortunate geographic circumstances have breeded outside the county with the likes of Limerick/Clare and so the blood lines are sullied- that's why there are so few skillful footballers from there.

Also its not very well known that busloads of Cork wimmin were sent over the border by Frank Murphy in the late 70s as a genetic expiriment.

Word of the day 'wimmin' - females primarily used for breeding purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

Surprisingly quiet on this thread lately...

Anyone got any news from the Kerry camp?? Any “skelping” going on in the training?? Seems all is quiet on the Western Front.

Thats because we're cute hoors and not giving anything away before the big day.
    Honestly i'd prefer if we took Cork's approach and just had everything out in the open.

What I do know however, is that Donaghy and Paul O'Connor are impressing at training.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Com1186

Jack O Connor has always said he watchs form in training... and paul o connor is in with a shout....i honestly think cork may have the edge in starting line up but kerrys panel the strongest by far....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

The match is Kerry's for the taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Cork have done the dirty work for them by beating Tyrone. Now all that's left is for Kerry to romp home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I cant wait to read back over these posts on Monday week, should make for interesting reading. I cannot see that Cork team losing on the 20th , alot of Kerry people are counting their chickens before they are hatched, keep it up lads, keep it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the talk of tickets is starting now, i am getting excited!

the after match function is only in D4 Hotel (jurys) apparantly. anybody going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

the after match function is only in D4 Hotel (jurys) apparantly. anybody going?

Yes. Mate booked two rooms there prior to semi final, so got them fairly cheap.

Should be a great match/occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Just read that the Kerry ticket allocation is 13,000.Thats a bit low.:eek:

• Advertisement

blackbelt wrote: »
    Just read that the Kerry ticket allocation is 13,000.Thats a bit low.:eek:

not really, we got 8,500 in 97.

13,000 is decent and then we will get another 3,000 or 4,000 from other counties/returns.

then add in sponsorship, people who live in other counties, general swaps etc etc, thats swells it to about 20,000.

same for cork, 5,000 for the minors and then about 30,000 neutrals.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

Woke up this morning to this! :eek: Cooper doubtful for final...

That throws in another spanner!!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0911/kerry_copperc.html

and then I see this

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaa-championships/gaelic-football/cooper-flying-ahead-of-final-fling-1883981.html

Can someone with "inside info" throw some light????

deeno1975 wrote: »
    Woke up this morning to this! :eek: Cooper doubtful for final...

That throws in another spanner!!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0911/kerry_copperc.html

and then I see this

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaa-championships/gaelic-football/cooper-flying-ahead-of-final-fling-1883981.html

Can someone with "inside info" throw some light????
    From the RTE one:

"The Star claims Cooper..." Nuf Said.

I was talking to Micheal Quirke today and he said everyone is fit.
    I hadn't seen the Gooch article so I didn't ask him specificly, but he said Donaghy is 100% match fit.

Jerome Conway has been good with the media i think. he said things were all fine and dandy in the run up to the dublin game so ive no reason to doubt him here again...

what are the odds on the same 15 starting as the meath game? looks like 14 will play who played against dublin and meath anyway with tommy walsh coming back in for donnacha

Nope, same 15 for me, Tommy on the bench.
    Donnacha Walsh is the most consistant Kerry player.
    He'll play great for 35 mins, almost always scores (barring the Meath game) but then tires himself out. Its then that you bring on Tommy and bring a new plan to the table.

Then if thats not working 15 mins of Star in FF, bomb in high ball and watch the goals coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

How anyone could suggest that Donnacha Walsh should start ahead of Tommy after the semi-final absolutely beggars belief.

ITs the balance he brings to the system.
    Would Tommy Walsh chase Miskella up the field?
    NO.
    If he was in the corner we'd have to move Declen out to the 40, thus moving Kenelly to the wing... meaning Kenelly would be the one chasing back... meaning he wouldn't be able to play the playmaker role he's played so brilliantly.
    Maybe suggest Darran O'Sullivan on the wing... that would also be stupid, as Darren is great going forward, and best utilised in the FF line. So him chasing after Miskella would be pointless.
    Donnacha on Miskella for the first half, Kenelly on Canty. Paulie on Noel O'Leary.
    Balence, all will get the better of their men, and Kerry will win the All Ireland... anyone have Jack's email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Well i supppose now that the team is named its time to start talking match stuff!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0917/kerry.html

Kerry manager Jack O'Connor has made one change to his side for Sunday's GAA All-Ireland SFC final against Munster rivals Cork at Croke Park.

Tommy Walsh returns to the starting XV in place of Donnacha Walsh and he takes his place at full-forward.

That means Declan O'Sullivan switches from the full-forward line to centre-forward, with Tadhg Kennelly moving to left half-forward as he hopes to claim the Sam Maguire at the first attempt since returning from Australian Rules side Sydney Swans.

Meanwhile, Colm Cooper and Paul Galvin have both shaken off recent injuries to take their place as the Kingdom chase their fifth title this decade.

Kieran Donaghy has been named amongst the substitutes after returning to training following his recent foot injury.

Kerry XV v Cork, GAA All-Ireland SFC final, Croke Park, Sunday 20 September, throw-in 3.30pm:

1 Diarmuid Murphy (Dingle); 2 Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht), 3 Tommy Griffin (Dingle), 4 Tom O'Sullivan (Rathmore); 5 Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht), 6 Mike McCarthy (Kilcummin), 7 Killian Young (Renard); 8 Darragh Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht), 9 Seamus Scanlon (Currow); 10 Paul Galvin (Finuge), 11 Declan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada), 12 Tadhg Kennelly (Listowel Emmett's); 13 Colm Cooper (Dr Crokes), 14 Tommy Walsh (Kerins O'Rahilly), 15 Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (Captain).

Substitutes: Ger Reidy (Castleisland Desmonds), Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore), Donnacha Walsh (Cromane), Bryan Sheehan (St Mary's), Micheál Quirke (Kerins O'Rahillys), Paul O'Connor (Kenmare), Padraig Reidy (Scartaglin), David Moran (Kerins O'Rahilly's), Anthony Maher (Duagh), Seán O'Sullivan (Cromane), Daniel Bohan (Austin Stacks), Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks), Aidan O'Shea (Glenbeigh/Glencar), Maurice Corridan (Finuge), Barry John Walsh (Kerins O'Rahillys), Kieran Quirke (Duagh), Rónán Ó Flatharta (An Ghaeltacht).

No surprise with tommy been brought in d walsh was showing enough for it.

Hows everyone fixed for tickets?

Iv'e mine since tues a record seeing as im usaully handed one outside the gresham on sunday :P

I'll be taking you're place there so yayamark.

My family currently have 1 ticket between the 4 of us.

I'll be sick if I don't get a ticket, only missed 1 Kerry game in Croke Park in my life because i was in Rome! 2002 Semi Final, Kerry vs Cork. In the Vatican getting texts in St.Peters Basillica " Corkery lost it Sent off!" Eventually ended up getting my Grandmother to hold her phone up to Radio Kerry at home and disgraced ourselves in St.Peters Square Cheering.

Wow that wen't way off topic. Basicly, I need a ticket!!!

Ciarraí Abú

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I would be very surprised if there wasn't a load of tickets floating around on Sunday. its always the same, lads keeping them in their arse pocket until the last minute.

If I don't have a ticket by 12oc Sunday, I still wouldn't be worried. If you want one, you'll get one.

Up the Kingdom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement