Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭lukin

careca wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if there wasn't a load of tickets floating around on Sunday. its always the same, lads keeping them in their arse pocket until the last minute.

If I don't have a ticket by 12oc Sunday, I still wouldn't be worried. If you want one, you'll get one.

Up the Kingdom.

In 2007 there was a lot of tickets around in Cork. In fact some clubs sent back some of their allocation. It's different this year though;there is huge demand for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

no surprises there with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ilwk

I dont have one but amn't getting worried YET!!! Went into dublin on All-Ireland final day last year and got one on the street 2hours before the match!!They be some few floating around alright fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

Point of info - There's no such word as , 'amn't'

On a serious note, I reckon loads of tickets will surface in Dublin on Sunday.

• Advertisement

If worst come to the worst, you can always watch it in a nearby pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Johnnyjump wrote: »
    If worst come to the worst, you can always watch it in a nearby pub!

When we are on the way in to Croke Park (driving) there is one pub that have a big TV pointing onto the street, people stand outside and watch the match, there is always loads of people there! It handy if your late for the first match because ya can see the score. Packed like most pubs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

A friend has a Dineen Hill 16 and another friend has a Cusack Stand, if he was to swap the Cusack for a Nally Terrace (We have a friend of a friend looking to swap) would it be possible that yer man with the Nally could come across into the Dineen section to meet with his friend or are they separated now? (I haven't been in the hill since 04) I'm in the Lower Hogan myself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I cant wait to read back over these posts on Monday week, should make for interesting reading. I cannot see that Cork team losing on the 20th , alot of Kerry people are counting their chickens before they are hatched, keep it up lads, keep it up!!

Looking at previous posts I can't but help laugh at this one. "Keep it up lads, keep it up!!"...brilliant:pac:

What does NAMA mean in Cork?
    No All-Ireland Medals Again :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

manster wrote: »
    Looking at previous posts I can't but help laugh at this one. "Keep it up lads, keep it up!!"...brilliant:pac:

What does NAMA mean in Cork?
    No All-Ireland Medals Again :p
    Here man, be gracious in victory. I know that guy shot himself in the foot but dont kick fans when theyre down. Congratz on the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Come On the Kingdom!!! What a match! See you in Tralee tomorrow!
    Up Kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Sweetest victory in a long time. Not the greatest game by any stretch of the imagination, but still...sweet as.

So should have taken tomorrow off. Gonna be wrecked city in the morning for work, but well worth it.

Expecting at least 6 All-Stars outta this one.

Up the Kingdom

my sweetest of them all. giving the rollercoaster of a year we had, this is Kerrys best ever vicytory and our hardest earned ever. no kerry team has had to play 8 games and win an all ireland before.

right now, im just so happy and so wrecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Jack o conner is the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Is Tadhg Kennelly bringing out a book?When?

paddy978 wrote: »

i think so, surely it wont be printed for a few weeks now. surely, the entire story will be geared towards yesterday.

on another note, eamon fitzs diary looks good in the examiner. cant wait until the next installement next week.....i hope to god he only emailed that to them last nite as it goes through the tactics and all that...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fair play lads, Kerry were the better team on the day and deserved their 36th. I would have preferred to see Cork play as well as they have been and Kerry to put in their best and see who would have won. Cork were not at the races, in comparison to recent performances,while Kerry put in a good performance and yet with 15 left there was only a point in it. I do believe this Cork bunch of players will win a couple of all Irelands, it seems strangely familiar to the late 80's. Lost back to back finals, then won back to back finals. Their time will come, I'm sure of that, just not this year, again, congrats Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

5 All-Irelands and second best team of the decade. A good return for the noughties.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Flukey wrote: »
    5 All-Irelands and second best team of the decade. A good return for the noughties.
    Yeah, I suppose Killkenny with their 4 in a Row would have to be ranked just above us this decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Funny how kerry folks would get banned for saying things like that.
    The price of success:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Real mature :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

bitter-ass-05web.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Just heard on the radio that TK has committed to staying for next year, anyone else hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Silas

Been on all the papers today. He will be around next year and is not happy with his current level. From that, we could see alot more from him next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

Silas wrote: »
    not happy with his current level..

Too right he needs to get the finger out!!!

just kidden, just kidden.. :D:D:D

Your telling me!

If he thinks himself that he can step his game up a few notches, he will be fierce next year.

Was going to start a Jack O Connor appreciation thread but said id just post here cos it would only invite a host of bitters. What a man and surely up there for the best manager about for years. the term cute hoor was invented for him for sure. look at his achievements, these are off the top of my head so forgive me if ive left anything out or anything is wrong.

Senior Manager for 4 years, 4 finals, 3 titles.
    3 national league titles.
    2 all irelands as selector, 97 and 2000.
    2 all ireland u-21 as manager.

3 all ireland vocational titles with CnaS,then won them 3 Murray cups in a row, first 3 years going into colleges and this year won the all ireland with them.

Took the narries to last years county final and lost in a replay. they represented kerry in munster but didnt give a damn as that game was in between the final and the replay, showing up the kerry championship farce that it can become.

involved in dromid becoming a division 1 team from division 5.
    involved in countless coutry championships for south kerry from 16-senior.

i could go on and on. the man is a genious. any body read Eamon Fitz diary from the Examiner yesterday? some class insight.

everybody said he was wrong to come back, said he had no respect and had lost the dressing room. as we all know now that was total bullsh*t.

he had the balls to drop 2 of the best 3 footballers this decade for a game that could have ruined kerry football had we lost it.

he changed the way football was played in 2006 by putting Star in at FF.

changed the summer by bringing back Mike Mac with half the county against it saying he was past it and he should look to the future.

he then got a team prepared to play some of the best football seen in croker for years.

Booed by his own team for playing declan in 2006, he went on to start him in the final after dropping him all year and he went on to be nearly man of the match, becoming captain and upsetting the whole of Killarney. dropping eoin brosnan and then bringing him on to play a great game.

and many more.

jack, your a f*cking legend!

Was going to start a Jack O Connor appreciation thread but said id just post here cos it would only invite a host of bitters. What a man and surely up there for the best manager about for years. the term cute hoor was invented for him for sure. look at his achievements, these are off the top of my head so forgive me if ive left anything out or anything is wrong.

Senior Manager for 4 years, 4 finals, 3 titles.
    3 national league titles.
    2 all irelands as selector, 97 and 2000.
    2 all ireland u-21 as manager.

3 all ireland vocational titles with CnaS,then won them 3 Murray cups in a row, first 3 years going into colleges and this year won the all ireland with them.

Took the narries to last years county final and lost in a replay. they represented kerry in munster but didnt give a damn as that game was in between the final and the replay, showing up the kerry championship farce that it can become.

involved in dromid becoming a division 1 team from division 5.
    involved in countless coutry championships for south kerry from 16-senior.

i could go on and on. the man is a genious. any body read Eamon Fitz diary from the Examiner yesterday? some class insight.

everybody said he was wrong to come back, said he had no respect and had lost the dressing room. as we all know now that was total bullsh*t.

he had the balls to drop 2 of the best 3 footballers this decade for a game that could have ruined kerry football had we lost it.

he changed the way football was played in 2006 by putting Star in at FF.

changed the summer by bringing back Mike Mac with half the county against it saying he was past it and he should look to the future.

he then got a team prepared to play some of the best football seen in croker for years.

Booed by his own team for playing declan in 2006, he went on to start him in the final after dropping him all year and he went on to be nearly man of the match, becoming captain and upsetting the whole of Killarney. dropping eoin brosnan and then bringing him on to play a great game.

and many more.

jack, your a f*cking legend!

Couldnt put it better myself.

Outstanding tactical brain, and not afraid to drop players. Dropping Tommy Walsh earlier in the year was a great move. He has the liathroidi to make big calls. Bringing Tommy Griffin back to no.3 was astute. All round master tactician

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Yes, when everyone is toasting Arthur Guinness on the 24th, i'll be toasting Jack.
    He's a legend. Forget about the book, he's a tactical genius. He played both to Kerry's strenghts and Corks weaknesses, had a plan A,B,C and pulled one of the greatest masterstrokes of the decade by Bringing Mike Mac back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

paddy978 wrote: »
    i think so, surely it wont be printed for a few weeks now. surely, the entire story will be geared towards yesterday.

I heard a while back about Tadhg having a book out for Christmas. Can't remember where I heard it but if he is bringing one out that would seem like a logical time

Hour long show on Setanta of the match starting now :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement