Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Getting carved open now. Doesn't look good. Both sides have a sin bin.

10 points down now with 13 left. Valerie Mulcahy with another good goal. She is deadly. Kerry all over the place.

Turned into an awful hammering. 4-13 to 13 pts with 1 minute left. Valerie Mulcahy is class!!

They'll be gutted but an All Ireland semi and a Munster medal in the bag isn't a bad season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

The draw was the one result I didn't want in Dublin versus Mayo. On today's form I thought both were quite beatable. But they now get an extra game which will be of huge benefit to the winner making whoever it is almost unstoppable in the final.

Am I being unduly pessimistic? What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

acequion wrote: »
    The draw was the one result I didn't want in Dublin versus Mayo. On today's form I thought both were quite beatable. But they now get an extra game which will be of huge benefit to the winner making whoever it is almost unstoppable in the final.

more chance of injuries or suspensions maybe?? only joking, boths teams didn't look great today. the extra game can go both ways, you just never know until one of them turns up for the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Almost unstoppable is a bit of a stretch after a pretty mediocre display by both sides.

Mayo's forwards had to go seven down to stop filling their togs, Dublin fouling over and over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Dublin had the game wrapped up and switched off. Mayo showed immense hunger. Incredible game and incredible atmosphere. Some sloppy football as well. Cluxton cost the Dubs the win.

Dublins sweeper system with O'Sullivan looked brilliant in the first half. Gaps appeared in the 2nd.

Both looked very strong and either will be a tough prospect in the Final.

Yes.

Not much to worry Kerry imo. Mayo played as we know they can at times and did relatively well most of the game. Dublin seemed more intent on just stopping the play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

I would mainly agree with DDC1990.

Both were indeed mediocre and ya I'm being a bit dramatic when I say "almost unstoppable" But only a bit. Mayo were unstoppable at the end there.

Both now get a great chance to work on their considerable shortcomings and to fine tune even further for the final.

A draw just wasn't a good result for us. However, as someone said over on Kerry GAA it does give Eamonn a unique opportunity to come up with a plan and Eamonn is expert at that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Both teams were poor and set up defensively.

Neither counter attacked well.

Kerry will get 140 mins to analyse instead of 70.

Wouldnt fear either. Had a tenner on the draw also so happy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

County Hurling Championship has been very entertaining this year,semi finals were played thia weekend and its ended up with St Brendan's (Ardfert) and Kilmoyley in the final,both teams from the one parish so it should make a great final,due to be played the 27th of September probably in Abbeydorney

St Brendan's 2-15 Lixnaw 1-12

Kilmoyley 2-24 Ballyduff 2-12

So they were saying last week that Kerry can be got at if you run at them down the middle,

Dublin were no great shakes to day when Mayo ran at them and couldn't close out the game so they have problems as well

Mayo then were very wasteful today and relied on frees today and don't have enough scoring forwards but showed great heart in the end,

The three teams all have plenty of things to work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Mayo and dublin very beatable today there big players were quite enough dublin will improve snd wont play as bad again mayo missed a great chance of beating them but mayo are not as good as i tought they are carrying a few passengers its going to be a kerry v dublin final

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

honestly dont know what to make of yesterday. part of me wanted that CLuxton free to go over and play Dublin in the final without Connolly and maybe 1 or 2 more who will miss the reply the next day.

honestly dont know what to make of yesterday. part of me wanted that CLuxton free to go over and play Dublin in the final without Connolly and maybe 1 or 2 more who will miss the reply the next day.

I was thinking the same. Soon as he got the red I thought I wanted Dublin to win. Wouldn't mind seeing Mayo win after the two semis that were played last year. Kerry Mayo would be a better game than Kerry Dublin with the muck Dublin were at yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Will Connolly not get a 4 week ban aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Interesting fact that seems uncanny after yesterday:

1955: Dublin and Mayo draw
    Dublin win replay
    Kerry win All-Ireland

1985: Dublin and Mayo draw
    Dublin win replay
    Kerry win All-Ireland

2015: Dublin and Mayo draw
    ?
    ?

Will Connolly not get a 4 week ban aswell?

The way Ciaran Whelan was talking last night id say he is hoping that he will be left off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

The way Ciaran Whelan was talking last night id say he is hoping that he will be left off

But if not- he will be banned for 4 weeks?

A straight red carries a 4 week ban AFAIK. So in theory he SHOULD be banned but with some decisions already made this year I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off the whole thing.

Also the Dub number 2 should be banned for the replay after the kick he gave. Disgusting stuff and Whelan said last night ah yeah maybe he was a bit late :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

One match ban I thought,well that's how it works at club level

Didnt they change the rules for red cards

One match ban I thought,well that's how it works at club level

Didnt they change the rules for red cards

Is it not one match for two yellows?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

dobman88 wrote: »
    Is it not one match for two yellows?

No suspension for 2 yellows if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

Interesting fact that seems uncanny after yesterday:

1955: Dublin and Mayo draw
    Dublin win replay
    Kerry win All-Ireland

1985: Dublin and Mayo draw
    Dublin win replay
    Kerry win All-Ireland

2015: Dublin and Mayo draw
    ?
    ?

Roll on 2045!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I wonder if Joe Brolly still maintains that Kerry are the most cynical team in Ireland after yesterday's display.

It mightn't be evident from the TV footage, but the Dublin and Mayo backs, from the first throwing, dragged their men to the ground repeatedly. Kevin McLoughlin was wrestled to the ground on at least 4 occasions by Johnny Cooper. Anyone who was at the Kerry Dublin league game, will know all about his off the ball antics. Lee Keegan did similar to Connolly, though he didn't drag him to ground but held the jersey and blocked the runs.

Rory O'Carroll was doing the same in the first few minutes, until O'Connor put a swift end to it. I saw it happen, and at the match I actually thought O'Carroll was playing up, because it looked so innocuous, but the state of O'Carroll's face, proves otherwise.

People are expecting a lovely game of football between Kerry and Dublin/Mayo in the Final, but will be sorely disappointed. It'll be rough on the ball and worse off it.

The Kerry Tyrone game was played in a great spirit in comparison to yesterday.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I wonder if Joe Brolly still maintains that Kerry are the most cynical team in Ireland after yesterday's display.

It mightn't be evident from the TV footage, but the Dublin and Mayo backs, from the first throwing, dragged their men to the ground repeatedly. Kevin McLoughlin was wrestled to the ground on at least 4 occasions by Johnny Cooper. Anyone who was at the Kerry Dublin league game, will know all about his off the ball antics. Lee Keegan did similar to Connolly, though he didn't drag him to ground but held the jersey and blocked the runs.

Rory O'Carroll was doing the same in the first few minutes, until O'Connor put a swift end to it. I saw it happen, and at the match I actually thought O'Carroll was playing up, because it looked so innocuous, but the state of O'Carroll's face, proves otherwise.

People are expecting a lovely game of football between Kerry and Dublin/Mayo in the Final, but will be sorely disappointed. It'll be rough on the ball and worse off it.

I was surprised he hadn't much to say about the penalty the Dubs got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

DDC1990 wrote: »

Ah yep Kerry a great bunch of lovely clean footballers. Butter wouldn't melt in their mouth. Choirboys one and all. Mother Theresa has nothing on them and so on and so forth.

Gimme a break.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Ah yep Kerry a great bunch of lovely clean footballers. Butter wouldn't melt in their mouth. Choirboys one and all. Mother Theresa has nothing on them and so on and so forth.

Gimme a break.
    Mod: By all means debate someone's point, but do so without deliberately misrepresenting someone's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

very quiet in here!

i guess thats the way we would like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

very quiet in here!

i guess thats the way we would like it.

All the focus on the other semi..it's perfect for our lads working away below in Killarney and getting a second look at whoever they'll face on the 20th.

Fitz will be at both games and will go through the recordings in fine detail no doubt. We'll be well prepared barring injury but still have to up the performance from the Tyrone game.

On another train of thought, pity the non inter-county players in the county championship..won't be finished for ages the way things are going. Only at round 3 yet. Some big clashes coming up in October.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement