Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

David Coldrick appointed as ref for the final

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

wonga77 wrote: »
    David Coldrick appointed as ref for the final

and two absolute anti Kerry man doing the line.

Coldrick lives close enough to Dublin doesnt he?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

D'Agger wrote: »
    Meath

From Meath- lives and works in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

From Meath- lives and works in Dublin
    You been creeping on facebook again Gill? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

D'Agger wrote: »
    You been creeping on facebook again Gill? :pac:

Know your enemy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Apparently Kerry got 14k tickets is that down on last years allocation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

How does the allocation work? Why don't they look after the competing counties better. 14k tickets is a measly amount and every kind of business on facebook and Twitter is giving away a pair of tickets. Fairly ridiculous.

Donegal got 16,088 tickets for the All-Ireland football final last year, not sure how many we got.

overall the allocation system is something along these lines - counties allocations is competing counties minues two tickets for every club

County allocations: 58,401
    Provinces: 335
    Overseas: 470
    Central Council and former Presidents:798
    Camogie: 120
    Ladies' football: 150
    Rounders andhandball: 147
    Sponsors: 935
    Press: 254
    TV and radio: 74
    Schools and educational bodies: 2,229
    3rd Level: 240
    Croke Park residents: 250
    Match officials and national referees' panel: 103
    Irish Sports Council and health bodies: 60
    Match day / Vertigo / minor teams: 148
    GAA staff and sub-committees: 718
    Jubilee teams: 68
    Mini-sevens: 244
    Term tickets: 4,144
    Season tickets: 1,884

Total available for distribution: 71,772

Premium and corporate seating*: 10,528

Total capacity (as per planning permission): 82,300

Dublin would get more tickets than we would anyway then add in the likelyhood that most of the premium/cooperate would go to them along meaning they will probably have about 70% of the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Donegal got 16,088 tickets for the All-Ireland football final last year, not sure how many we got.

overall the allocation system is something along these lines - counties allocations is competing counties minues two tickets for every club

Dublin would get more tickets than we would anyway then add in the likelyhood that most of the premium/cooperate would go to them along meaning they will probably have about 70% of the crowd.
    Why should they get more tickets?

Surely it should be split 50/50 regardless of population or club membership.

Its a Final in a supposed neutral venue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Are ya saying it'd be an advantage to kerry if the ref was from cork. Would it f#ck!

at the way the pundits are predicting for Sunday, we may as well not bother turning up.

Dublins to lose according to almost everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

at the way the pundits are predicting for Sunday, we may as well not bother turning up.

these 3 guys went for Kerry:

https://soundcloud.com/rtesport/the-long-grass-14-september-all-ireland-football-final-preview

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just the way they want it. Let all the talk and pressure be on Dublin.

On a side note. Did you txt radio kerry this morning by any chance? There was a very similar txt read out by Gerry this morning.

Noting better then proving fellas wrong

Let them talk up Dublin,

Great way to have it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Noting better then proving fellas wrong

Let them talk up Dublin,

Great way to have it

Wouldn't be threatened by an opinion. If lads are wrong in predicting a winner...no big deal.

corny wrote: »
    Wouldn't be threatened by an opinion. If lads are wrong in predicting a winner...no big deal.

Ah I don't think it's being threatened, but you use every motivation. Guys don't think you are good enough to beat Dublin, Lucky All Ireland last year etc.

The conveyor belt has stopped or whatever Brolly said last year.

It feels better winning against the odds, though in this case it seems to be a toss up, and most pundits are just about siding with Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

We were bigger underdogs going into the final last year than this year, laughably enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Ah I don't think it's being threatened, but you use every motivation. Guys don't think you are good enough to beat Dublin, Lucky All Ireland last year etc.

The conveyor belt has stopped or whatever Brolly said last year.

It feels better winning against the odds, though in this case it seems to be a toss up, and most pundits are just about siding with Dublin.

I know Donaghy gave a speech last year but i'd say the talk means little to the players. Too professional and focused on the job for that.

I was more talking about the fans getting worked up by opinions.

I think Dublin are going to trounce Kerry btw.;)

same starting 15 as Tyrone ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

same starting 15 as Tyrone ye think?

Who knows!

I don't think Donaghy will start, but I've heard that Tommy Walsh is flying it and Jack O'Shea tipped him to start.

I would go for Geaney to start, with no other changes.

The longer it goes, the more I fancy us to do it. The Dubs had it easy against a pretty poor forward unit in Mayo, who lacked movement, teamwork and an ability to beat their own man. I don't think they knew how they were supposed to play and yet were 4 points up in the second half.

Kerry have 4/5 players who will skin their man in a second(JOD/Geaney/O'Brien/Buckley/Gooch) and I expect us to attack Dublin with hard running, intelligent movement and teamwork we havent seen this season. All our forwards are well capable of kicking scores from 40 yards in with accuracy.

I expect us to be able to keep Brogan(Enright) and Kilkenny(Lyne) quieter than Mayo did. Will Rock start? I hope he does, bar kicking a few frees he offers little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Will Darran start for ye ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

TheNap wrote: »
    Will Darran start for ye ?

Doubt it.

I'd go with Geaney for Donaghy and O Mahoney for Lyne, with Murphy moving to the wing.

Mahoney to mark Andrews. Crowley on Connolly. Murphy on Kilkenny. Young on Flynn. Marc on Rock. Enright on Brogan.

Enright on McManamon if he starts and Marc on Brogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

How big a factor will the dubs two games against Mayo be I wonder? They should be flying after two tough days out while we haven't played in a month.

Agree with the above, Geaney in for Donaghy with no other changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'd be very, very happy to see Marc O'Se on Berno. Very ! :D

Holy God said Miley

12006242_743111022484168_5400829314540599631_n.jpg?oh=bcb8538d9741b17c111d9b3f69dae96c&oe=56A37668

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Tis Kerry's to lose. Overwhelming favourites. The Dubs have had an easy ride, now they will be ridden😉

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭MOTM

At the rate Dublin defence can foul, sheehan has to be in the mix.
    I've a feeling Stephen o brien will be dropped.

Our best full back is aidan. On for crowley is my bet. He has started lyne in every game this year so won't drop him.
    Geaney might come in for star but maybe only as a plan b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Horsebox4

MOTM wrote: »
    At the rate Dublin defence can foul, sheehan has to be in the mix.
    I've a feeling Stephen o brien will be dropped.

Our best full back is aidan. On for crowley is my bet. He has started lyne in every game this year so won't drop him.
    Geaney might come in for star but maybe only as a plan b

I know it's a matter of opinions but how can you say Stephen O'Brien will be dropped after the last two games ? You do have a point with Sheehan though but if you're going on the Mayo/Dublin game most of the frees were pretty close to goal!

I know this may seem harsh but I hope Star doesn't start, he just slows everything down, we need to do everything at 100mph and not give time to the Dublin defence....

I feel sorry for JBK all year, has done nothing wrong but we are lucky we have a sub like that to bring on who will most likely end up getting a couple points if needed.

Anyway I'm more hopeful than confident at the moment but by God I can't wait for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement