Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

liam7831 wrote: »
    Dubs unchanged.....

Still dirty?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

liam7831 wrote:
    Dubs unchanged.....

Until 3.15 on Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Until 3.15 on Sunday...

I know late changes are par for the course with Dublin but I actually think there's a good chance that'll be the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

The only change to that would be O'Sullivan if he's not fit.

McAuly shouldn't start. Doesn't have the Engine for 70 minutes, and Maher should match up well with him this year.

McManamon won't start for the same reason, he'd be gassed after 30 minutes. Super effective (as we know) coming on with 25 minutes to go though. Rock will have massive pressure on him. We cannot afford to give away an easy free early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Cian O'Sullivan is not fit. He wont start despite the line-up. Ill be very surprised if he does start. Big loss for Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

would be great to see donaghy lift the cup. kingdom abu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Barry John will play a big part imo. I think he'll win it for us Kev Mac style. And put his demons to bed once and for all. I think the dubs will be in control and we'll just nick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

384393387036bf17c253de3c9f39db5c.jpg

You say tradition counts for naught when two teams take the field,

I fear you are mistaken, lad, but the years will make you yield,

And when your hair’s as grey as mine, and time has made you old,

Then you’ll invoke the truth I spoke of the Kingdom’s green and gold.

You cannot box or bottle it, nor grasp it in your hand,

But pride of race and love of place inspire a love of land

Time honoured is our birthright, we’ll never break the mould,

It’s deep within the soul of us, who wear the green and gold.

Grey lakes and mountains soaring high, Mount Brandon‘s holy hill,

The little church at Gallarus, our language living still,

The Skellig Rock, stout football stock, they can’t be bought or sold,

For our county’s fame, we play the game in the Kingdom’s green and gold.

And when the battle’s fiercest and the fortunes ebb and flow,

We’re still alive, we can survive, we never will let go,

For the spirit of our fathers and of stories yet untold,

Will lead us on to victory, in the Kingdom’s green and gold.

We savour Kerry victories, we salute a gallant foe

And when we lose, there’s no excuse, we pick up our bags and go,

So raise your glass each lad and lass to our warriors brave and bold,

Who again aspire to the Sam Maguire in the Kingdom’s green and gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

Whatever happens today,for this team to be going after back-to-back All Ireland's given where they were after the league in 2014 is remarkable.
    I didn't think they had an All-Ireland in them,never mind two.
    A team to be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

When's the last time Gooch hasn't kicked more than 2 points in a match?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hard luck folks, better team on the day won, ye weren't really at the races today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

When's the last time Gooch hasn't kicked more than 2 points in a match?

Today apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Hard luck lad's no doubt you be back again next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Gutted but we were well off the pace!

A few retirement. Rebuild and go again for 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

That was depressing, I cant believe Fitzmaurice got so much wrong. Why was Cooper so deep? Geaney was literally the only forward who stayed up in the first half. Leaving Fionn on Andrews was crazy, he was pushed off it far too easy. Poor handling but I guess the weather was awful.
    To be fair Dublin played well below what they are capable of too, they really should have won by 8 or 9. Pity that last chance fell to Killian, wrong fella in the right place. Taking off Moran and JOD was strange I felt as was bringing on Galvin. Donaghy made a huge difference, just a pity it wasnt 10 mins earlier.
    It wont change the result now but Philly McMahon should definitely face some sort of punishment for his eye goughing of Donaghy, cant let that kind of thing creep into the game, wonder if the sunday game will make any reference to it, its all over twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Is it about the the GAA did something about keepers coming up to take frees? Today is looked like there was an actual rule saying Cluxton can take as long as he wants to decide whether or not he's going to take a free. Its been going on for years with him now.

Do i blame him? No its not against the rules of course but its about time it was

Hard to blame Cluxton when he gets away with it, the last one was comical, will I come, wont I? I will sure, no I wont, yeah sure I will or will I, all the while the clock ticking away. a good minute and a half wasted from the time the free was won. Cant blame him though, may as well take advantage of it if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

wonga77 wrote: »
    Hard to blame Cluxton when he gets away with it, the last one was comical, will I come, wont I? I will sure, no I wont, yeah sure I will or will I, all the while the clock ticking away. a good minute and a half wasted from the time the free was won. Cant blame him though, may as well take advantage of it if you can

The ref was dealing with a booking for a Kerry defender in the full back line so we would have been waiting anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

The ref was dealing with a booking for a Kerry defender in the full back line so we would have been waiting anyway...

What about the other ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Le Henry

Hard luck to kerry.. Once the weather conditions came apparent I thought kerry with the better players and especially better forwards would win the final .. I just cannot understand the amount of times Kerry lost possession to unforced errors .. It was unreal.. Marc o se n colm Cooper great players for kerry & servants to GAA but lost 5 All Ireland's, always be an asterisks besides their names now!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mullyboyee

Le Henry wrote: »
    Hard luck to kerry.. Once the weather conditions came apparent I thought kerry with the better players and especially better forwards would win the final .. I just cannot understand the amount of times Kerry lost possession to unforced errors .. It was unreal.. Marc o se n colm Cooper great players for kerry & servants to GAA but lost 5 All Ireland's, always be an asterisks besides their names now!.

Better forwards that couldn't hit a barn door. Didn't deserve to win today. Totally dominated by the Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Le Henry

mullyboyee wrote: »
    Better forwards that couldn't hit a barn door. Didn't deserve to win today. Totally dominated by the Dubs.

Ah ya fair enough .. play all Ireland 7 days of the week between dub set of forwards against kerry's, I know wat set I would want, unfortunately kerry did not show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

That was depressing, I cant believe Fitzmaurice got so much wrong. Why was Cooper so deep? Geaney was literally the only forward who stayed up in the first half. Leaving Fionn on Andrews was crazy, he was pushed off it far too easy. Poor handling but I guess the weather was awful.
    To be fair Dublin played well below what they are capable of too, they really should have won by 8 or 9. Pity that last chance fell to Killian, wrong fella in the right place. Taking off Moran and JOD was strange I felt as was bringing on Galvin. Donaghy made a huge difference, just a pity it wasnt 10 mins earlier.
    It wont change the result now but Philly McMahon should definitely face some sort of punishment for his eye goughing of Donaghy, cant let that kind of thing creep into the game, wonder if the sunday game will make any reference to it, its all over twitter

i actually think moran should have came off far earlier he was having a nightmare at times , even the simplest of hand pass's he was getting wrong ,

if you are putting on someone like donaghy you would need at least one of paul geaney or JOD in there to win the breaks , the last five minuets donaghy had no help up front

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭50HX

oh tis goin to be a long winter of pouring over this one

Fitz shoulda done this, shoulda brought this player on early, he gave his brother in law the token run out when you had other players on the bench (TW)...tis all irrelavant really

for whatever reason their heads weren't in it - i know weather didn't help with handling but dublin managed it better

we were lucky we weren't bate out the gate

a bit of paralysis by analysis i think, we didn't seem to be able to think on our feet
    master class in philly mc dragging cooper into his own half

other posts bout Joanne Cantwell - bit harsh, she's there to ask them questions & get a response, same as Brolly generates controversy ......it's to get people taking and does it work??

thanks lads for giving us the joy of another munster title, the silky football against Kildare & finally getting one over Tyrone in HQ in the modern era

we'll be back again with the pickings of back-back minor titles to filter into the squad

It must be said the minors were awesome, Tip were poor and probably suffering a hangover since the hurling final but the Kerry movement and scores today were a joy to watch. Connor lad from Dingle has a great future at 8 or 9 for the seniors

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

In 2 to 3 years time we will have a collossus of a team if we can blood some of those 2 Minor teams from 2014 & 2015 into the Senior panel. I'd say Kerry with Jack O'Connor and these young lads will win the U-21 All-Ireland next year for 2016 and this will continue. I expect Kerry to vanish in 2016 with no Senior accolades and our future looking forward is for those boys out there today in the Minors. Jack can mould them into a serious outfit and if they progress through U-21 they will be ready for senior then. I just hope they can stay around as the danger is they'd go away to Australia etc. Kerry dosen't have the money to pay their players like Dublin are currently doing in an underhand way.

Jack O'Connor and Fitzmaurice should jointly manage the Kerry seniors in two years time.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Jack O'Connor and Fitzmaurice should jointly manage the Kerry seniors in two years time.

Couldn't see that happen at all, one man in charge, no room for two strong personalities.

Although I think the management made some shocking calls today, they will most likely be kept on? Not too many other candidates banging on the door anyway.
    Maybe its just me but it looked like Diarmuid Murphy and Fitzmaurice had a couple of disagreements on the sideline today, a few times Murphy seemed to retreat to his seat shaking his head like he didnt get his way, anyone else pick up on that or my imagination?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Although I think the management made some shocking calls today, they will most likely be kept on? Not too many other candidates banging on the door anyway.
    Maybe its just me but it looked like Diarmuid Murphy and Fitzmaurice had a couple of disagreements on the sideline today, a few times Murphy seemed to retreat to his seat shaking his head like he didnt get his way, anyone else pick up on that or my imagination?

You're dead right, it was very obvious. Murphy looked very unhappy with what Fitzmaurice was doing and wasn't afraid to show it. Fitzmaurice seemed to be ignoring him at times. It didn't look good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yes. I'm not long home so watching the game. And just before half time Murphy looks really animated trying to get his point across and you can clearly see Fitzmaurice says no we can't do that.

When things go wrong they go very wrong I suppose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement