Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Cian O'Neill off to Kildare. Best of luck to him, but a big loss to Eamon & Co

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭paintitwhite

I wonder will Donie Buckley replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Gutted.

Massive loss.

Would Donie Buckley come back after the shambles in Mayo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Strand Road are coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

That's going to leave a mess

You better believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Be some craic if it ended up Stacks V O Rahilly's in the county final

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

DDC1990 wrote:
    Would Donie Buckley come back after the shambles in Mayo?

A lot of people make this mistake. Donie is a coach (trains the skills) but is not a physical trainer/strength and conditioning.

Pat Flanagan & John Sugrue along with many others may be interestd.

Wit O'Neill gone dont forget we are also down a selector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Could anyone give me a link please to the Kerry fixtures for the 2016 League. I know they're still provisional but can't find them anywhere. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

acequion wrote: »
    Could anyone give me a link please to the Kerry fixtures for the 2016 League. I know they're still provisional but can't find them anywhere. Thanks.

Jan 30 Dublin A 7pm
    Feb 7 Roscommon H 2pm
    Feb 28 Down A 2pm
    Mar 6 Donegal H
    Mar 13 mayo A
    Mar 27 Monaghan A 3pm
    Apr 3 Cork H

http://kerrygaa.proboards.com/thread/5865/nfl-2016

Be some craic if it ended up Stacks V O Rahilly's in the county final

I'd probably blow up

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'd probably blow up

You will be happy tho know the march of the rockies is over

https://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/650700347711881216

Poor Stacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

At least we won't be subjected to the march of the penguins this year, #silverlining

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

dobman88 wrote: »
    Jan 30 Dublin A 7pm
    Feb 7 Roscommon H 2pm
    Feb 28 Down A 2pm
    Mar 6 Donegal H
    Mar 13 mayo A
    Mar 27 Monaghan A 3pm
    Apr 3 Cork H

Thanks mil dobman. :)

Quarter final draw

Rathmore V Dr. Crokes

West Kerry V Kenmare District

Killarney Legion V Kerins O'Rahillys

Kilcummin V South Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Action from the Crokes Stacks game.

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/news/366672/Highlights_from_Dr_Crokes_v_Austin_Stacks

Current odds below - overall hard to look past Crokes and I'm a bit surprised South Kerry are so close to them in the betting ; I'd have had KOR as second most likely now - I'd imagine the opponents in the next round are surely affecting things a fair bit with Legion being far more capable of pulling off an upset than Kilcummin are.

KERRY SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2015 Saturday 10th October 2015, 17:00
    Outright Betting

Dr. Crokes 11/8
    South Kerry 11/4
    Kerins O Rahillys 11/2
    Kenmare 6/1
    Legion 15/2
    Rathmore 14/1
    West Kerry 14/1
    Kilcummin 40/1
    dobman88 wrote: »
    Jan 30 Dublin A 7pm
    Feb 7 Roscommon H 2pm
    Feb 28 Down A 2pm
    Mar 6 Donegal H
    Mar 13 mayo A
    Mar 27 Monaghan A 3pm
    Apr 3 Cork H

New management for Roscommon, Down, Mayo and Cork.

I know our league form hasn't been great under Eamonn but I can't help but wonder if there might be some betting value in terms of backing Kerry for the league next year.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Poor Stacks

Highlights,well the goals from today's game

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/news/366672/Highlights_from_Dr_Crokes_v_Austin_Stacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

All the handpassing all the same. The Dublin clubs are at it too, it's an observation, but most of the kicks are shots.

Close game.

Stoner wrote: »
    All the handpassing all the same. The Dublin clubs are at it too, it's an observation, but you most of the kicks are shots.

Close game.

It was ever thus. Crokes have been hand passing machines from far back in the mists of ancient times.

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    At least we won't be subjected to the march of the penguins this year, #silverlining

I saw a comment on a Stacks article on the42.ie (the website formerly known as thescore.ie) last year before the AI club Semi-final about their fans and their love of a good auld parade: "They're like the Dortmund fans".

Never has one person been so wrong on the internet ever.

End of the road for Strand Road today

Legion won 4-10 to 1-15

South Kerry also won beating Kilcummin 0-14 to 1-8

Not the usual bereft feeling after Strand Road are beaten in the Championship. I thought nearly all of our guys played well, and we have a lot of quality. We're short a full back of real presence and toughness but I don't think that's a surprise to anyone. I was also delighted with the attitude we showed, they fought on their backs to stay in touch right to the end and that was fantastic to see.

Legion are a right good team, and James was at the top of his game yesterday. That being said, our tactical approach was suicidal. If we had started with Coffey and a sweeper on him instead of leaving Brosnan on his own with half of Fitzgerald Stadium in front of them until James had made two and missed one I think we probably would have won.

I also thought it was a big mistake bringing Tommy out to midfield as we were doing well there. Con Barrett's runs with the ball from deep caused Legion a lot of problems but he was prevented from doing it by being put inside. Tommy had them under huge pressure in their full back line too and I seriously doubt we would have finished with one goal if he'd been inside throughout.

All in all a disappointing end to a year that didn't turn out too badly, but an opportunity missed I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Whatever else happens this year we'll have a new winner
    semi final draw is Kenmare V Sth Kerry and Legion V Rathmore
    Id fancy Kenmare to pip S Kerry and the second game should be a cracker. Is Crokes dominance over? I wasnt at the game today but keeping tabs on the scoreline, Rathmore seemed to be well ahead from the very start

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

wonga77 wrote: »
    Whatever else happens this year we'll have a new winner
    semi final draw is Kenmare V Sth Kerry and Legion V Rathmore
    Id fancy Kenmare to pip S Kerry and the second game should be a cracker. Is Crokes dominance over? I wasnt at the game today but keeping tabs on the scoreline, Rathmore seemed to be well ahead from the very start

what was the score in the crokes game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

what was the score in the crokes game?

2-15 to 1-13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Not sure about finished, there is a lot of talent still in the Crokes team, I think a change of management would do them no harm - they weren't at the races tactically the last two outings anyway.

Credit to Rathmore today, they were clinical when chances presented themselves and capitalised on Crokes lack of discipline.

Wide open now, any one of the four could do the business, although personally I fancy the winner of the Legion/Rathmore tie to go all the way. Should be a cracker of a match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Same As wrote: »
    Not sure about finished, there is a lot of talent still in the Crokes team, I think a change of management would do them no harm - they weren't at the races tactically the last two outings anyway.

Credit to Rathmore today, they were clinical when chances presented themselves and capitalised on Crokes lack of discipline.

Wide open now, any one of the four could do the business, although personally I fancy the winner of the Legion/Rathmore tie to go all the way. Should be a cracker of a match.

I thought Crokes looked very tired today.
    Only two from the Crokes who performed today were Daithi Casey and Johnny Buckley. Rathmore will enjoy the win anyway - turning into a bit of a bogey team for Crokes the last while. Would be very surprised if there isn't management changes with the Crokes.

Yeah would have the winners of Legion and Rathmore as favourite for the final. Would fancy Kenmare to edge South Kerry - and find it hard to see South Kerry winning it outright unless they get a lot of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement